Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danoh View Post
    Lol, I said "their basic premise," not yours
    Why do you continue to change the subject?

I was addressing what SaultoPaul said here:

Post Acts, Paul preached the mystery of the gospel. This was a mystery hidden in God (not the prophets). This mystery was that the gospel included Gentiles who were not in the promises made to Abraham. The mystery of the gospel is the gospel of the grace of God.
    According to him the gospel of grace was not preached intil after the Acts time period was over. But I gave proof that it was preached in the epistle to the Romans and that epistle was written during the Acts period.

Do you agree with him or with me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
      Why do you continue to change the subject?

I was addressing what SaultoPaul said here:

According to him the gospel of grace was not preached intil after the Acts time perio A.D.d was over. But I gave proof that it was preached in the epistle to the Romans and that epistle was written during the Acts period.

Do you agree with him or with me?

just casually observing here, but i don't think STP necessarily said Paul didn't preach the gospel of Grace in Acts. imo, you jumped to that conclusion and now you're pumping your chest by 'giving proof' in Romans ? then asking folks to choose who to agree with. IMO, Paul began his gospel after Damascus - The Acts 9:15 KJV -

as a sidebar, Galatians was written from Antioch in approximately 49 A.D., prior to the Jerusalem council. Acts was not written by Paul, but Luke - between 63-70 A.D, - Romans 57 A.D. -

Galatians 1:1 KJV - Galatians 1:6 KJV - Galatians 1:7 KJV -

Galatians 1:8-9 KJV -

Galatians 1:16 KJV -

Galatians 1:17 KJV -

Galatians 1:18-19 KJV -

Galatians 2:2 KJV

Galatians 2:7-8 KJV -

i'm confident that STP agrees with the apostle Paul -
      Last edited by patrick jane; May 23rd, 2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danoh View Post
        But the Blood itself concerns a Two-Fold Purpose - both aspects of which the Blood would make possible.

There is Israel's, and Gentile redemption under that nation, AS PROPHESIED.

And there is the Mystery's Redemption of Jew and Gentile - not of a nation corporately, nor of nations through Israel's overflow - but of individual Jew and Gentile [independent of Israel's Prophesied redemption] this side of Israel's Prophesied fall and Prophesied temporary setting aside.

The Wrath was headed AS PROPHESIED, BUT then God revealed "a Mystery..."

In this, the mystery in Romans 11:25 is that during Israel's Prophesied, temporary fall, God would do an UNPROPHESIED work among, and directly IN the Gentiles, INDEPENDENT OF that Prophesied aspect of His Two-Fold Purpose among the Gentiles THROUGH Israel's overflow.

In short, a work according to a Mystery.
        That's how I view it as well.

According to prophesy, Gentiles could join with the exalted nation of Israel.
        According to the mystery, Gentiles and Jews alike could join the BOC through the fall of Israel.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
        They already know monsters exist.
        We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
          just casually observing here, but i don't think STP necessarily said Paul didn't preach the gospel of Grace in Acts.
          Here is what he said:

Post Acts, Paul preached the mystery of the gospel. This was a mystery hidden in God (not the prophets). This mystery was that the gospel included Gentiles who were not in the promises made to Abraham. The mystery of the gospel is the gospel of the grace of God.
          Here STP said that "post Acts" Paul preached the mystery of the gospel and that gospel is the gospel of grace.

If STP believes that Paul preached the gospel of grace during the Acts period then it would make no sense for him to say that "post Acts" Paul preached the gospel of grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambora View Post

According to the mystery, Gentiles and Jews alike could join the BOC through the fall of Israel.
            Yep! Me, too!
            Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
            Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambora View Post

Do you think that explains what is being said here?

Acts 15
              7-8 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9-10 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

11-12 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                Tam

It helps me to think of it this way. The parts that make up the gospel of Christ, 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) can be found scattered throughout the scriptures of the prophets. And, the fact that Jews and some Gentiles would be blessed with hearing it was in the prophets. But, not until it was revealed to Paul was it put together into a unit. Then, Paul could look back into the OT and show his hearers that it was promised to them. So, the gospel of Christ is the mystery of Christ, and it's parts and audience could be found in the OT.

Now onto the gospel of the grace of God which is the mystery of the gospel. It was not hidden in the OT, but rather hidden in God. The parts of this gospel are the same, but the audience includes Gentiles who could not look back into the OT and see their salvation. It includes Gentiles who were the cursed of Gen 12:1-3 (KJV).

So, during Acts you have Jews and Gentiles that Paul could use the OT to reach and save. Post Acts, you have Gentiles that were reached and saved in spite of what the OT said about them. These two groups are saved into the same Body and formed the one new man.
                Wow, I've never seen it so clearly presented.

Comment

If STP believes that Paul preached the gospel of grace during the Acts period then it would make no sense for him to say that "post Acts" Paul preached the gospel of grace.
                  \I do not understand what you mean? Paul preached the Gospel of Grace from mid-acts on. What is 'post acts'?
                  So, what?

believe it!

Comment

• [QUOTE]
                    Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                    Tam

It helps me to think of it this way. The parts that make up the gospel of Christ, 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) can be found scattered throughout the scriptures of the prophets. And, the fact that Jews and some Gentiles would be blessed with hearing it was in the prophets. But, not until it was revealed to Paul was it put together into a unit. Then, Paul could look back into the OT and show his hearers that it was promised to them. So, the gospel of Christ is the mystery of Christ, and it's parts and audience could be found in the OT.

Now onto the gospel of the grace of God which is the mystery of the gospel. It was not hidden in the OT, but rather hidden in God. The parts of this gospel are the same, but the audience includes Gentiles who could not look back into the OT and see their salvation. It includes Gentiles who were the cursed of Gen 12:1-3 (KJV).

So, during Acts you have Jews and Gentiles that Paul could use the OT to reach and save. Post Acts, you have Gentiles that were reached and saved in spite of what the OT said about them. These two groups are saved into the same Body and formed the one new man.[/QUOTE

Hey ! - I was gonna say that . . i mean, that's what i meant to say. just kiddin' - awesome post brother, concise -

Comment

• Originally posted by Ktoyou View Post
                      \I do not understand what you mean? Paul preached the Gospel of Grace from mid-acts on. What is 'post acts'?
                      Yes, Paul did in fact preach the gospel of grace from Mid-Acts on.

It was STP who said that Paul preached that gospel post Acts (after Acts).

Comment

It was STP who said that Paul preached that gospel post Acts (after Acts).
                        So you're claiming Paul did NOT preach the gospel of grace post Acts (after Acts)? Is that correct? That's why you're beating this particular horse?

Comment

• Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                          So you're claiming Paul did NOT preach the gospel of grace post Acts (after Acts)? Is that correct?
                          No, that is not what I am claiming. In fact, I just said the following:

From the beginning I was correcting STP when he said that Paul preached the gospel of grace Post Acts.

You really need to look at what was previously said on this thread because otherwise you will just confuse the issues under discussion.

Comment

No, that is not what I am claiming. In fact, I just said the following:

From the beginning I was correcting STP when he said that Paul preached the gospel of grace Post Acts.

You really need to look at what was previously said on this thread because otherwise you will just confuse the issues under discussion.
                            You really need to look at what you're saying he said and then you may see that you are, in fact, claiming what I said you were.

Comment

• Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                              You really need to look at what you're saying he said and then you may see that you are, in fact, claiming what I said you were.
                              You have a problem understanding the most simple things. I said that Paul preached the gospel of grace from Mid-Acts on.

I did not say that Paul preached the gospel of grace from Mid-Acts until the end of Acts.

Comment

You have a problem understanding the most simple things. I said that Paul preached the gospel of grace from Mid-Acts on.

I did not say that Paul preached the gospel of grace from Mid-Acts until the end of Acts.
                                I thought what STP said was very simple, but you managed to twist it up pretty good. So who has the problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X