• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Key assumptions about Earth and Radiometric Dating by Scientists are wrong.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
This is a tactic admission that science can indeed investigate the supernatural.

No, you suggested this as something science could investigate

"Idea: Jesus rose from the dead.
Assessment: Analyze documents from that time."

Actually I was looking for this "lets see the supernatural experiment the experiment ON nonmaterial things." and while I'm not sure you posed an experiment, I followed by simply asking what documents you would suggest we use. That is not an admission, tacit or otherwise, of anything. But if you are willing to forego any dispute over whether or not I admitted something then just provide a list of documents, citations so all could find them and analyze them and we can take this discussion further. If you want to argue about whether or not I admitted something, then perhaps your suggestion of how to proceed to scientifically analyze your idea is meritless.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
No, I never said that "chemistry is random". God created chemicals and chemical reactions. That is why they are consistent and we can experiment on them. Your random worldview provides no reason to believe that chemicals should consistently behave in any certain way.

It is you that thinks that your thoughts are "just chemical reactions".

Well good that you appear to understand chemistry is not random. The fact that I do not accept any intelligent designer, your deity or anyone else's, does not change the way the neurons in my brain work. Yours work the same as mine. Chemistry and physics will cause me to jerk my hand from a hot stove as well as to think enough so I can type these letters, words and thoughts.I don't think it makes any difference what what my ORIGIN story is. If you think otherwise please explain

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is not an admission, tacit or otherwise, of anything.
Of course it is.

You're so busy trying to disagree that you're ignoring the consequences of what you say.

It would be constructive if you would drop the asinine questions and deal with topics on a rational, scientific platform, rather than the prejudiced approach you have.

For example, this thread is about radiometric dating.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Of course it is.

You're so busy trying to disagree that you're ignoring the consequences of what you say.

It would be constructive if you would drop the asinine questions and deal with topics on a rational, scientific platform, rather than the prejudiced approach you have.

For example, this thread is about radiometric dating.

Ah, but then it got sidetracked as threads often do here.

What are the consequences of what I say? the fact that you are unable/unwilling to respond to a question based on your post?

Still waiting for you to supply that list of documents we should analyze to investigate Jesus' resurrection. you are the one who suggested that, right? You are the one always looking for rational discourse. So provide a basis for it based on your earlier specific suggestion.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
He does that all the time.

Ah, TG, good to see you somewhere you are not posting fawning videos of the Orange Man.
While you are here, as a good Catholic girl and to get back to Stripe's desire to return to the topic of this thread, what is your position on the usefulness of radiometric dating and what it tells us about the age of the earth? How old is the universe, billions or thousands? Gotta keep on point for Stripe

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Ah, TG, good to see you somewhere you are not posting fawning videos of the Orange Man.

Good to see that your posts are no less snotty and purile in this section than in the politics section.

While you are here, as a good Catholic girl

A thing you will only ever see from afar

as a good Catholic girl and to get back to Stripe's desire to return to the topic of this thread, what is your position on the usefulness of radiometric dating and what it tells us about the age of the earth?

I am not an expert on radiometric dating. Are you? Can you post your Phd diploma?

what is your position on the usefulness of radiometric dating and what it tells us about the age of the earth? How old is the universe, billions or thousands?

Billions. I am not a young earth extremist.

Catholicism teaches that honest science is also of God, because God is the source of all Truth and created all things.

Not that you care about the truth though.
159 Faith and science: "Though faith is above reason, there can never be any real discrepancy between faith and reason. Since the same God who reveals mysteries and infuses faith has bestowed the light of reason on the human mind, God cannot deny himself, nor can truth ever contradict truth." "Consequently, methodical research in all branches of knowledge, provided it is carried out in a truly scientific manner and does not override moral laws, can never conflict with the faith, because the things of the world and the things of faith derive from the same God. the humble and persevering investigator of the secrets of nature is being led, as it were, by the hand of God in spite of himself, for it is God, the conserver of all things, who made them what they are."​

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Good to see that your posts are no less snotty and purile in this section than in the politics section.

A thing you will only ever see from afar

I am not an expert on radiometric dating. Are you? Can you post your Phd diploma?

Billions. I am not a young earth extremist.

Catholicism teaches that honest science is also of God, because God is the source of all Truth and created all things.

Not that you care about the truth though.

Snotty is as snotty does.
Saw a lot of good Catholic girls in my youth. 16 years of Catholic school education.
But I am glad to see that you are someone who accepts science.
No. I am not an expert on radiometric dating. I understand the basics of radioactive half life and its use in dating makes sense. Since I have 2 degrees in biology, a daughter with an MD, another with a PhD in genetics and a son with a neuroscience degree I tend to accept the fact that science is a search for truth, without the need to overlay the requirements of a Holy Book.

Here I am just waiting for Stripe to provide some information so we can have a rational discussion. I fear I may be a while.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Snotty is as snotty does.

Apparently.

Saw a lot of good Catholic girls in my youth. 16 years of Catholic school education.

Maybe they weren't that good. And it is a shame that the Catholic part of your education did not stick. Maybe you are not as smart as you fancy yourself to be. Sometimes smart people have a high IQ's but no common sense. I am a big Abe Lincoln fan, not so much book learning but tons of good old fashioned common sense.

But I am glad to see that you are someone who accepts science.

I know of nobody who does not.

No. I am not an expert on radiometric dating. I understand the basics of radioactive half life and its use in dating makes sense. Since I have 2 degrees in biology, a daughter with an MD, another with a PhD in genetics and a son with a neuroscience degree I tend to accept the fact that science is a search for truth, without the need to overlay the requirements of a Holy Book.

Amazing. You have all that knowledge and you still feel the need to post like a jerk all too often. Maybe you should think more with your brains and think less with your glands.

That Holy Book is TRUE. It is just being misintepreted by extremists.

Here I am just waiting for Stripe to provide some information so we can have a rational discussion. I fear I may be a while.

I will watch.

Right Divider

Body part
Well good that you appear to understand chemistry is not random. The fact that I do not accept any intelligent designer, your deity or anyone else's, does not change the way the neurons in my brain work. Yours work the same as mine. Chemistry and physics will cause me to jerk my hand from a hot stove as well as to think enough so I can type these letters, words and thoughts.I don't think it makes any difference what what my ORIGIN story is. If you think otherwise please explain

Based on your origin story and what we actually know about physics and chemistry, we should not even be here.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Then all your school degrees are worthless. The most brilliant men in history were men of faith. You are not among them in any way.

Well that's the way it is. But you apparently are able to avoid a literal interpretation of the Christian Holy Book, it claims to be direct from the Almighty. How can it be wrong. Creation in 6 days, world wide flood not too long ago, etc.

You may well be correct about brilliant men of history being men of faith but that is history, but often faith got in the way of science. Copernicus and Galileo for example. Einstein was not necessarily a man of faith, nor was Hawking.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Then all your school degrees are worthless. The most brilliant men in history were men of faith.

400 years ago, if you had said that the Earth revolves around the sun, the Church would have tried you for heresy. If found guilty, you would have been subject to the death penalty.