Announcement

Collapse

Creation Science Rules

This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective.
Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed.
1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team
2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.
See more
See less

Science doesn't lead to secularism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science doesn't lead to secularism

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/w...=pocket-newtab

Not only isn't religion not going away, it is thriving. More, any attempt by scientists to indoctrinate or supplant religious faith backfires and hurts the efforts of science education and findings.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Originally posted by Lon View Post

Not only isn't religion not going away, it is thriving. More, any attempt by scientists to indoctrinate or supplant religious faith backfires and hurts the efforts of science education and findings.
    I've never thought of there being an intellectually honest hostility between science and faith. I was curious about the mechanism of existence as an atheist and I'm if anything more interested as an adherent. To my mind science and religion are only enemies in the hands of people who aren't using at least
    one of them correctly.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post

I've never thought of there being an intellectually honest hostility between science and faith.
      There is no hostility between science and faith. It is only when some try to redefine science as materialism.

I was curious about the mechanism of existence as an atheist and I'm if anything more interested as an adherent.
      What is an "adherent"? What do you adhere to?

To my mind science and religion are only enemies in the hands of people who aren't using at least
      one of them correctly.
      BINGO!
      Last edited by Right Divider; January 26, 2020, 09:39 AM.
      All of my ancestors are human.
      Originally posted by Squeaky
      That explains why your an idiot.
      Originally posted by God's Truth
      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Science and faith are not mutually exclusive. Trying to separate them is a common mistake. Early science explorers were also men and women of faith.

Here a Wikipedia entry on this topic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...and_technology

You can take it for what its worth.

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? ☞ More like tolerate perversity.☠

Comment

I'm a professional scientist AND a Christian, and I approve of this message .

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post

Not only isn't religion not going away, it is thriving.

from Lon's link:
            In 1966, just over 50 years ago,

the distinguished Canadian-born anthropologist Anthony Wallace confidently predicted the global demise of religion at the hands of an advancing science: ‘belief in supernatural powers is doomed to die out, all over the world, as a result of the increasing adequacy and diffusion of scientific knowledge’. Wallace’s vision was not exceptional. On the contrary, the modern social sciences, which took shape in 19th-century western Europe, took their own recent historical experience of secularisation as a universal model. An assumption lay at the core of the social sciences, either presuming or sometimes predicting that all cultures would eventually converge on something roughly approximating secular, Western, liberal democracy. Then something closer to the opposite happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
              There is hostility between science and faith.
              In some circles, but not inherently.

What is an "adherent"?
              A general term I use to denote people of particular faiths, including my own, which is Christianity.

BINGO!
              There you go. ;L)

You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

In some circles, but not inherently.
                Sorry, I missed a word in that sentence. I was saying exactly what you're saying. There is no inherent conflict between faith and science. It is only when the materialist tries to redefine science to mean materialism that there is a "problem".
                All of my ancestors are human.
                Originally posted by Squeaky
                That explains why your an idiot.
                Originally posted by God's Truth
                Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Working...
                X