Announcement

Collapse

Creation Science Rules

This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective.
Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed.
1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team
2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.
See more
See less

Key Assumption Made in Discovery of Dark Energy in Error

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by User Name View Post

    The "actual facts of radiometric dating" and similar issues have been debated on this forum for...how many decades now? Your side has made it clear that you reject mainstream science and why. Our side has made it clear that we accept mainstream science and why. What is the point of continuing to argue in circles? It's been done to death...

    If you don't want to engage the debate then leave and find a more productive hobby.
    sigpic
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by ok doser View Post
      Artie's whole argument consists of "Alate One said some stuff I dont understand well enough to regurgitate, so there!"
      Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post

      You had in depth responses from Alate One in regards to your questions and responded with nothing, both on this and anything that didn't tie in with your belief system. How she had the patience to indulge you and others is a credit to her given the childishness and ignorance she constantly had to put up with in turn. The only way you'll be open to anything is to throw off the shackles of fundamentalism and then there might be room to grow. Otherwise...

      Pointless.


      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Clete View Post

        If you don't want to engage the debate then leave and find a more productive hobby.
        There is nothing to debate. The literal Biblical side is wrong. The evidence is clear.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post

          You had in depth responses from Alate One in regards to your questions and responded with nothing, both on this and anything that didn't tie in with your belief system. How she had the patience to indulge you and others is a credit to her given the childishness and ignorance she constantly had to put up with in turn. The only way you'll be open to anything is to throw off the shackles of fundamentalism and then there might be room to grow. Otherwise...

          Pointless.
          You guys can say this all that you want. But the bottom line is that the long ages are based on a philosophical paradigm and not a scientific one. There are some of the assumptions of that paradigm:
          • The "Big Bang"
          • Stellar "evolution"
          • "Evolution" of the solar system.
          • The "accidental" and "miraculous" appearance of a single life form from dead chemicals.
          • The massive diversification of all other life forms from this "lucky one" by more amazing accidents.
          All of these have tremendous SCIENTIFIC problems that are ignored.

          So you can continue to sit on your high horse and make your claims, but I'd rather discuss the facts.
          All of my ancestors are human.
          Originally posted by Squeaky
          That explains why your an idiot.
          Originally posted by God's Truth
          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

          1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

          Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

            You guys can say this all that you want. But the bottom line is that the long ages are based on a philosophical paradigm and not a scientific one. There are some of the assumptions of that paradigm:
            • The "Big Bang"
            • Stellar "evolution"
            • "Evolution" of the solar system.
            • The "accidental" and "miraculous" appearance of a single life form from dead chemicals.
            • The massive diversification of all other life forms from this "lucky one" by more amazing accidents.
            All of these have tremendous SCIENTIFIC problems that are ignored.

            So you can continue to sit on your high horse and make your claims, but I'd rather discuss the facts.
            But you are willing to accept a young earth when all the evidence points elsewhere. But you do get to use big words like "paradigm".

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post

              But you are willing to accept a young earth when all the evidence points elsewhere.
              "All the evidence" does NOT point elsewhere. You are just failing to see anything that you don't want to see.

              Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post
              But you do get to use big words like "paradigm".
              Did I need to point you to a definition?
              All of my ancestors are human.
              Originally posted by Squeaky
              That explains why your an idiot.
              Originally posted by God's Truth
              Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
              Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
              (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

              1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
              (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

              Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                .... are based on a philosophical paradigm ...
                Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post
                ... you do get to use big words like "paradigm".
                "philosophical" is bigger


                just saying

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by ok doser View Post

                  "philosophical" is bigger

                  just saying
                  All of my ancestors are human.
                  Originally posted by Squeaky
                  That explains why your an idiot.
                  Originally posted by God's Truth
                  Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                  Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                  (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                  1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                  (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                  Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post

                    There is nothing to debate. The literal Biblical side is wrong. The evidence is clear.
                    Liar.

                    There's plenty to debate, you just don't want to do it.
                    sigpic
                    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Clete View Post
                      Liar.

                      There's plenty to debate, you just don't want to do it.
                      Elephant hurling satisfies his ego.
                      All of my ancestors are human.
                      Originally posted by Squeaky
                      That explains why your an idiot.
                      Originally posted by God's Truth
                      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                      1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                      Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                        "All the evidence" does NOT point elsewhere. You are just failing to see anything that you don't want to see.


                        Did I need to point you to a definition?
                        Sure it does. You are willing to accept a cobbled together 2000 + year old book as your basis for science. Not too rational.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post

                          Sure it does. You are willing to accept a cobbled together 2000 + year old book as your basis for science. Not too rational.
                          Your ignorance is not very compelling.
                          All of my ancestors are human.
                          Originally posted by Squeaky
                          That explains why your an idiot.
                          Originally posted by God's Truth
                          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                          1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                          Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by User Name View Post

                            That which is called "dark matter" is simply something that physicists currently do not understand. They'll figure it out eventually, and when they do, you'll be left with this "god of the gaps argument" that no longer applies.
                            They cannot find that which does not exist. They could not find any sense in Tyson's brains justlots of parrot garbage.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post

                              There is nothing to debate. The literal Biblical side is wrong. The evidence is clear.
                              This forum is for Theology which is: the study of the nature of God and religious belief.

                              As you don't believe in GOD or evidence for Him and His creation you really need banning so you cand go post on forums devoted to your friend Satan and his lies that contradict GOD's Creation.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Clete View Post
                                Liar.

                                There's plenty to debate, you just don't want to do it.
                                This forum is for Theology which is: the study of the nature of God and religious belief.

                                As you don't believe in GOD or evidence for Him and His creation you really need banning so you cand go post on forums devoted to your friend Satan and his lies that contradict GOD's Creation.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X