Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion - Enyart vs. Ask Mr Religion (One on One)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by patman View Post
    Nang asked me how to keep her granddaughters from sinning under open theism. She, for some reason, believes her granddaughters will be protected from sexual sin because "they put their future in God's hands."

This is unhealthy!
    Obedience performed in faith is spiritually "unhealthy?"

How can such be denied by anyone who claims to be a Christian?

Nang
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nang View Post

Nang
      Your religion has nothing to do with Christianity.

You sound like a Jew but you're not that either.
      sigpic
      "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Clete View Post
        Your religion has nothing to do with Christianity.

You sound like a Jew but you're not that either.

Clete,

Do you have daughters?

Nang
        "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
        Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Nang
          Can you even read?

To clarify, for those who even care, Nang thinks somehow God predestined her granddaughters to not sin sexually, and is therefore hopeful that they will not sin. I say this is unhealthy because it is letting down your guard. Not only does it put you at risk of sinning, it challenges faith in God when you sin. Why, because you were supposed to be predestined not to sin - if you sin in ways you were not predestined to, what does that say about God?

Just because you think God knows the entire future means nothing on what you want to happen in the future. It is false security to claim you future is secure the way you want it to be in any area of life other than eternal salvation.

It is dumb to think "because God's future knowledge is exhaustive my granddaughters will never sin sexually," and leave it at that.
          - Changing wineskins, at last.

- iPhone's Coolest Bible/, Touch Bible.

Comment

Can you even read?

To clarify, for those who even care, Nang thinks somehow God predestined her granddaughters to not sin sexually,
            First, this is not my argument and I never said God "predestined" my granddaughters virginity. "Predestination" has to do with fate, not everyday life and decent daily behavior.

and is therefore hopeful that they will not sin. I say this is unhealthy because it is letting down your guard.
            What?

Girls determining to guard theirselves from fornication and sexual sin, according to bible teaching, is unhealthy? How can putting up a Scriptural and moral guard on one's behavior, be "letting down your guard?"

Not only does it put you at risk of sinning, it challenges faith in God when you sin.
            You don't get it, Patman. My girls are repenting from sexual sins, before they are presented with the opportunity or temptation to commit those sins. Repentance does not have to happen within ten minutes of the temptation to be repentance. My girls are turning away from sexual sin even before being tempted. There is biblical precedence for this holy attempt.

Why, because you were supposed to be predestined not to sin - if you sin in ways you were not predestined to, what does that say about God?
            You simply display your ignorance of the content of my witness, and your ignorance of the doctrine of predestination.

Just because you think God knows the entire future means nothing on what you want to happen in the future. It is false security to claim you future is secure the way you want it to be in any area of life other than eternal salvation.

It is dumb to think "because God's future knowledge is exhaustive my granddaughters will never sin sexually," and leave it at that.
            My gosh . . all I have testified to, is my granddaughters trust the Lord to bring them Christian husbands who will appreciate their virginity. Because they have been taught, that male appreciation of their purity, will bring them a lifetime of blessing according to clear conscience and entering marriage without baggage.

If you have daughters, Patman, will you teach them or want anything less for them?

Nang

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

Comment

What?

Girls determining to guard theirselves from fornication and sexual sin, according to bible teaching, is unhealthy? How can putting up a Scriptural and moral guard on one's behavior, be "letting down your guard?"
              I wish someone would make you go away until
              1. You learned how to read.
              2. You stopped making others look like they said things they didn't.

Oh I-wish-I-wish-I-wish-I-wish-I-wish-I-wish.

Comment

I wish someone would make you go away...
                Well, judging by this post of yours, I wish you could prove yourself worthy of civilized and intelligent discourse, but we don't always get what we wish for, do we?
                Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
                Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
                AMR's Randomata Blog
                Learn Reformed Doctrine
                I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
                Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
                Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
                The best TOL Social Group: here.
                If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
                Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
                  Well, judging by this post of yours, I wish you could prove yourself worthy of civilized and intelligent discourse, but we don't always get what we wish for, do we?
                  On the contrary, that wish has been granted long before you ever thought about subscribing to TOL. But you are so sensitive that you demonize people around you, especially if they disagree with you.

You are too in love with yourself and your ideas to ever deem me worthy. And just so you know, that time I wasn't being sarcastic.

It takes a lot to get me to this point, especially on a message form, but you are a

Have fun worshiping Mr. Calvin and his imaginary cat Hobbs.

Comment

Originally posted by patman View Post
                    Have fun worshiping Mr. Calvin and his imaginary cat Hobbs.
                    Q.E.D.
                    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
                    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
                    AMR's Randomata Blog
                    Learn Reformed Doctrine
                    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
                    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
                    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
                    The best TOL Social Group: here.
                    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
                    Why?

Comment

Q.E.D.
                      Ohhh the hiprocracy!!

Thanks for that funny little moment.

Maybe one day you'll learn how to make a conversation "worthy" of being civilized...

Comment

Clete,

Do you have daughters?

Nang
                        Why do you ask?
                        sigpic
                        "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

Why do you ask?
                          My question deserves the first answer.

Nang

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

Comment

My question deserves the first answer.

Nang
                            You deserve nothing.

Why do you ask the question, Nang?
                            sigpic

Comment

You deserve nothing.

Why do you ask the question, Nang?
                              Probably want's to accuse you of being a bad father for being an open theist.

Comment

Probably want's to accuse you of being a bad father for being an open theist.
                                As though I was able to choose for myself how I want to parent.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X