Discussion-One on One: Abortion (red77 vs. Turbo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would you rather an undeveolped yound girl go through with the physical dangers alongside the obvious mental trauma of such an undertaking?
Would I rather do that, than commit what I am convinced is murder? Why do you need to ask?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, forcing an 11 year old child to endure a physically dangerous pregnancy and labour is totally justifiable is it?

But forcing a baby to be murdered is perfectly ok with you. :doh:

red77

But forcing a baby to be murdered is perfectly ok with you. :doh:

Well this is the crux then isn't it? You don't deny that that an 11 year old child is going to undertake a very risky physical pregnancy that could actually threaten her life?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well this is the crux then isn't it? You don't deny that that an 11 year old child is going to undertake a very risky physical pregnancy that could actually threaten her life?

A risky pregnancy doesn't justify murdering a baby. :duh:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh right, it's ok to risk a child's life to undertake it though right?

What a doofus you are!

Do you even hear what you're saying?! You suggest it's wrong to risk one child's life while it's perfectly reasonable that another child be murdered. :dizzy:

red77

What a doofus you are!

Do you even hear what you're saying?! You suggest it's wrong to risk one child's life while it's perfectly reasonable that another child be murdered. :dizzy:

Ok, where do you draw the line then? You think it's ok for an 11 year old to be FORCED to undergo a severely risky pregnancy then? That to me is absosulutely sick.......

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

red77

"Relieving suffering by causing others to suffer"

Sound familiar? :rolleyes:

Uh, that doesn't even address my question, if an 11 year old aborts immediately then "suffering" isn't even an argument as there is no developed life able to feel pain......

if you want to go down the route of life rights then fair enough but for this particular debate why are you so seemingly apathetic to the dangers for the 11 year old child and the obvious physical dangers such a pregnancy would present?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Uh, that doesn't even address my question, if an 11 year old aborts immediately then "suffering" isn't even an argument as there is no developed life able to feel pain......

Then why did you say this in the debate?

red77 said:
Turbo said:
Does the age/stage of development of a pre-born baby play a role in whether it acceptable to kill him or her?

No, obviously it's more horrific when a baby is physically torn apart but on the issue as to where it becomes acceptable to abort a growing life i believe that from conception it's unacceptable

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh ok Stipe, please give definitive proof as to how an 11 year old going through pregnancy, labour and childbirth isn't physically dangerous....:doh:
Please give definitive proof of how walking out the front door isn't physically dangerous.

Moron.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who said anything other? In this scenario the mother could do nothing to save the child with her, she would be repulsed etc etc obviously!!!!!!!! But lets take a look at what you're implying here, it would seem to be ok for the mother to eat her child (actually the child is gone, it's merely a shell correct?) if there were other babies or children dependant on her - but NOT ok for the mother to just survive by herself, is that correct?
I'm telling you what every loving mother would probably feel and most definitely choose. You really should stop.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

if you want to go down the route of life rights then fair enough but for this particular debate why are you so seemingly apathetic to the dangers for the 11 year old child and the obvious physical dangers such a pregnancy would present?
You don't think the guilt of knowing she hired a "hit man" to kill her baby will cause her any suffering?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If red77 wanted to win, he'd have to attack the premise that an unborn fetus possesses the same moral status as a young post-natal child, but I'm not sure he's prepared to do that, and it would involve a lot of backpedaling.
red77 would still be losing even if that had been her position from the beginning because that position is just as indefensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.