Discussion-One on One: Abortion (red77 vs. Turbo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

red77

red77 would still be losing even if that had been her position from the beginning because that position is just as indefensible.

uh, red77 is a he not a she thanks......

I thought you must have been a bit confused after seemingly thinking that I'd been raped after having read your latest reply asking me whether I'd taken preventative action, i said i know someone who has been raped, it was actually my sister who suffered it.....

red77

Please give definitive proof of how walking out the front door isn't physically dangerous.

Moron.

for the most part it isn't, not the same as an 11year old going through a pregnancy with an underdeveloped body which is medically unsafe, if you can't see the difference then get some glasses......

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also, what if your daughter was not against aborting?
If at any time in their lives my daughters condoned slaughtering little babies, tearing them apart limb from limb, burning them and so on, just because they are hidden (from the naked eye) by their mother's flesh, that would be devastating and I would wonder what I had done wrong in raising them.

Would you take her choice into consideration?

If your daughter wanted to kill you, would you take her choice into consideration?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay. I talked to my daughter about this thread, today. When I told her that I had said she knew what abortion was when she was about ten, she said, "Mom, Nana told me what abortion was when I was about seven after I had seen a commercial about it on TV at her house." She had never told me that before.

Anyway, I asked her what she would want me to do if she was eleven years old and was raped and got pregnant. She said, "I would want to have the baby and have you raise it for me until I was at least eighteen." When I asked her why, she said, "Number one, abortion is killing a baby. You don't execute someone who hasn't committed a murder. So, why would you kill a baby when the father raped me? Number two, I know that you wanted me to stay a kid as long as I could. I'm glad you did that. If I were to get pregnant from a rape, I would want you to raise the baby for me because I know that I couldn't do it myself. I don't know if I would be able to handle taking the baby later or not. But, if I was eleven, and pregnant by a rapist, I know I couldn't handle it."
:thumb:

Number three: Having an abortion greatly increases the risk of breast cancer.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:thumb:

Number three: Having an abortion greatly increases the risk of breast cancer.

:) You have to remember that most of the words you quoted were from my daughter, not me. I don't know if she knows about that.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who said anything other? In this scenario the mother could do nothing to save the child with her, she would be repulsed etc etc obviously!!!!!!!! But lets take a look at what you're implying here, it would seem to be ok for the mother to eat her child (actually the child is gone, it's merely a shell correct?) if there were other babies or children dependant on her - but NOT ok for the mother to just survive by herself, is that correct?
Um, no. The child is not just a shell, the child is still alive. It's an analogy for abortion, didn't you notice? We aren't debating whether it's okay to remove dead babies from their mothers; we're debating whether it's okay to kill them. To burn them to death. To tear them limb from limb.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:) You have to remember that most of the words you quoted were from my daughter, not me. I don't know if she knows about that.

I know. But it might be something to talk to her about.

Mostly I just wanted to remind or inform people like Glenda and red77.

red77 talks about aborting if there is any "risk" involved in carrying a child, as if there is no risk involved in having an abortion. But I haven't brought those risks up in our thread because they aren't really relevant. A woman shouldn't carry her baby to term to avoid cancer or sterility or any other risk associated with abortion; she should want to carry her child because it's the right thing to do, and murder is wrong. So my reason is a distant third to the reasons your daughter gave. :thumb:

http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry. I honestly didn't know one way or the other.

I thought you must have been a bit confused after seemingly thinking that I'd been raped after having read your latest reply asking me whether I'd taken preventative action, i said i know someone who has been raped, it was actually my sister who suffered it.....
Yeah, I misunderstood that and assumed that you were a woman. Sorry for the mix-up. I'll edit my post.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
What is being proposed by some, is the death of another human being, as being so anonymous, so pain free, and so justified, or "humanly" understandable, as to be perfectly rational, and defensible.

Plan B abortion is as close as mankind has come to justifiable murder. It takes almost all the elements of the taking of the life of another human being, {occurring through the miracle of life and conception}, which are viscerally disgusting to us, and virtually eliminate them from view.

There is no horror of pain, no screams, no knowledge of when the moment of death occurred, and practically speaking, no evidence, if a life was begun and subsequently ended.

It is what all have envisioned in book and film; the perfect crime! The age old question, what would you do if you knew you would never get caught, and never suffer the consequence? That is what reveals your true character.

Plan B is the closest mankind has come to perfecting a character pill. You can now be a fornicator, or adulterer, with anyone, and if secretive enough, not even an "unexpected" pregnancy, will ever expose you to others. Your own conscience can never "completely" convict you of abortion-murder.

Perhaps man can improve upon this in the future. Maybe someday murdering someone who "deserves" it, will be as easy and anonymous, as hitting a special "delete" key , on our keyboard. Wouldn't that be wonderful! Totally anonymous, painless, and the memory is also wiped clean.

For all of those who think that Plan B is an acceptable price for us to pay for the babies of 11 year old rape victims, consider this if you have a daughter. Your daughter may never come to you and ask you, daddy, or mommy, what should I do?.......She may have already done it....and several times......and you will never know how many children she has killed, or how many of your own grandchildren you were denied.

But if there is a God in heaven, and there is, He knows the number of hairs on our heads, then certainly He knows the number of children in a mother's lifetime.

There is a day of Atonement for all our sins, the known and "unknown". That is why God has made provision for both. I think we need to confess both the sins of our nation, and the sins of our sons and daughters, on their behalf. This Sunday at Church, would be a good time, to do that.

Our "fathers" have sinned, but this generation which has legalised abortion, and invented such a "perfect" pill, and "plan" have sinned more, as the Bible says, in certain places.

Those of us who are Christians and believers, need to seek out God's heart on this matter, and "present" yourself, and others, for His forgiveness, and godly repentance.

If He grieves over, our sufferings, and rejoices with our joys, and loves "every" one of His children, shouldn't we?

Why can't we do the same?

Glenda

My friend's little child suffered it too. It was horrendous and what is sad is that some people say vile things to a child victim as if it's fault of the child. Child may get support at home but there is no support in the general community where people wait for any opportunity to point the finger. The child must face the medical and police and law professionals as well as family members of the accused and their friends in normal social circumstances eg on a shopping trip with Mum.

I'm not pro-abortion, but neither am I pro-condemnation of a child victim or anything they may do (including attempting suicide). That would be heartless to condemn desperate actions of a traumatised child and also against the teachings of Jesus.
LK 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

We are commanded to show compassion and mercy over judgment.

Glenda

If at any time in their lives my daughters condoned slaughtering little babies, tearing them apart limb from limb, ...

I think that YOU would agree that a drug that promotes the expulsion from the body is NOT the same as tearing anyone apart limb from limb!

If you don't agree with that, then it would not be ok to use an expulsion drug to induce birth ... since that drug promotes expulsion from the body.

Nobody is saying it is desirable, but some things should NOT be condemned in extraordinary circumstances and God is the judge and mercy and compassion are our duty, rather that judgment and condemnation.

Glenda

Okay. I talked to my daughter about this thread, today. When I told her that I had said she knew what abortion was when she was about ten, she said, "Mom, Nana told me what abortion was when I was about seven after I had seen a commercial about it on TV at her house." She had never told me that before.

Anyway, I asked her what she would want me to do if she was eleven years old and was raped and got pregnant. She said, "I would want to have the baby and have you raise it for me until I was at least eighteen." When I asked her why, she said, "Number one, abortion is killing a baby. You don't execute someone who hasn't committed a murder. So, why would you kill a baby when the father raped me? Number two, I know that you wanted me to stay a kid as long as I could. I'm glad you did that. If I were to get pregnant from a rape, I would want you to raise the baby for me because I know that I couldn't do it myself. I don't know if I would be able to handle taking the baby later or not. But, if I was eleven, and pregnant by a rapist, I know I couldn't handle it."

I trust your honesty so assumed you spoke truth previously when answering on behalf of yourself and your daughter. The relationship you share with your daughter is inspiraional. Thank you for sharing further on this.
God bless

Glenda

You can now be a fornicator, or adulterer, with anyone, and if secretive enough, not even an "unexpected" pregnancy, will ever expose you to others. Your own conscience can never "completely" convict you of abortion-murder.
Usually such people who intend to be fornicators or adulterers use contraception and hopefully precautions against STD's so any other bed-partner does not suffer any disease consequences from another's habits.

Nobody is saying it's ok to end any life.
It is certainly not ok to condemn and judge victims when they need compassion more than judgment.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My friend's little child suffered it too. It was horrendous and what is sad is that some people say vile things to a child victim as if it's fault of the child. Child may get support at home but there is no support in the general community where people wait for any opportunity to point the finger. The child must face the medical and police and law professionals as well as family members of the accused and their friends in normal social circumstances eg on a shopping trip with Mum.

Yes, Glenda, the child will have to face all of that. But, it is the parents' job to protect and, if need be, stand up for the child in cases like this.

I'm not pro-abortion, but neither am I pro-condemnation of a child victim or anything they may do (including attempting suicide). That would be heartless to condemn desperate actions of a traumatised child and also against the teachings of Jesus.
LK 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

We are commanded to show compassion and mercy over judgment.

The attempted suicide thing is one reason that I'd be against my daughter having an abortion. I know too many women/girls who had abortions and later felt so much guilt about killing their unborn children that they attempted suicide. Several succeeded. The ones who felt the most guilt (at least of those who told me about it) were rape victims. They wished that they had waited before making the decision to abort the children. With hindsight being 20/20, they knew that at the time of the rape they were not mentally stable enough to make such a decision. I don't think it's a wise thing for a woman who is already dealing with mental and physical pain of rape, including self-blame, to make a decision to abort her child because of the ones I've known who did so and later regretted it so much that they couldn't live with themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.