BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Dave Miller said:
A Christan's job is to lead people to Christ, to Salvation, not send them running in horror
away from God.

The unsaved are already on their way. Offering them false hope keeps them from the cross.

I don't recall "insults" being in the list of the fruits of the Spirit.

I don't recall blasphemy being a fruit of the Spirit.

I think you're talking to yourself here, Nin.

Like I spoke to myself for 30 pages while you refused repent for your false witness. You have a short memory dave.

And the test of the Truth of the Spirit is by the fruit it bears. Love, joy, peace, patience kindness, gentleness, and self control. Through your threats and insults you bear none of these attributes.

And the fruit of your birdgod spirit is what? Mockery and blaphemy toward God Himself and His apostles.

False interpretation Nin. Bears thorns instead of figs.

You have born nothing but false hope for the lost and derision towards the Creator, dave.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Balder said:
I can't believe how dense people can be. Even though they believe God creates a place of eternal torture and plans to use it, they say, "It was never his intent." Never? Then why is he planning something he "never" intends?

Talk about thick...

It was created for satan and his followers. God didn't want humans to be satans followers, but such is free will.

Aimiel

logos_x said:
God cannot violate His character...yet the Doctrine of eternal torment has Him behaving like the rich man in the parable FOREVER...refusing to save or even mitigate the suffering of those outside.
Yes, the rich man in the parable was more concerned about the fate of his brothers than himself. The Lord is symbolized in this because He left Heaven to bring salvation to lost men. He raised from the dead, to demonstrat This Good News, but, as Abraham said, even though one raised from the dead, you still don't believe that salvation from eternal torment is possible, since you believe that no one will go (or stay) there.
By making it an eternal and unresolvable situation, the doctrine of eternal torment gives God NO CHOICE but to cast off forever those that are unbelievers...and even keep them alive in their miserable condition or resurrecting them to force an eternal misery upon them.
Such eloquence. And I didn't think that you understood judgement. :thumb:
Is THAT in God's character?
It isn't God's design, or He would have built the Lake of Fire from the beginning. He didn't. He built hell because of Satan's sin, not The Lord's. The Lord is Holy, whether you understand that or not.
Is it a "shallow assessment" to suspect it probably isn't?
As I said, yes, it is, at best.

Balder

Nineveh said:
Balder, in all of your "inclusiveness" you need to come to grips with the God of the Bible, you can reject Him all you like, but that doesn't make Him go away.
Nineveh, here is how I come to grips with, and include, the god that you worship:

He is the product of a particular culture, and a particular stage of development -- an image of the Divine which has its own power, and serves a useful role for human beings, but which is incomplete in itself and harmful and destructive if taken to be absolute.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Balder said:
Nineveh, here is how I come to grips with, and include, the god that you worship:

He is the product of a particular culture, and a particular stage of development -- an image of the Divine which has its own power, and serves a useful role for human beings, but which is incomplete in itself and harmful and destructive if taken to be absolute.

No, here is how you come to grips with the Creator: "You don't exist, I Will NOT be held accountable... : sticks fingers in ears : lalalalalalalalalalalalala, I can't heeeeeaaaaaar Youuuuuuuuuuuu lalalalalalalalalala."

Balder

Nineveh said:
No, here is how you come to grips with the Creator: "You don't exist, I Will NOT be held accountable... : sticks fingers in ears : lalalalalalalalalalalalala, I can't heeeeeaaaaaar Youuuuuuuuuuuu lalalalalalalalalala."
:chuckle: Hardly. Well, it's true that I don't believe that God, as you imagine him, exists. But you're idea that I object to your image of God because of a desire not to be accountable is just another fantasy of yours -- perhaps one that makes you feel comfortable but a fantasy nonetheless.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Balder said:
Hardly. Well, it's true that I don't believe that God, as you imagine him, exists.

Like I ahve said a couple times already, somewhere in your all inclusiveness, you need to come to terms with this One God. You can reject Him all you like, but that doesn;t make Him go away.

But you're idea that I object to your image of God because of a desire not to be accountable is just another fantasy of yours -- perhaps one that makes you feel comfortable but a fantasy nonetheless.

Rather, it's your false hope you won't be held accountable. It's your foolish pride that keeps you from fearing falling into the hands of the Living God.

logos_x

Aimiel said:
Yes, the rich man in the parable was more concerned about the fate of his brothers than himself. The Lord is symbolized in this because He left Heaven to bring salvation to lost men. He raised from the dead, to demonstrat This Good News, but, as Abraham said, even though one raised from the dead, you still don't believe that salvation from eternal torment is possible, since you believe that no one will go (or stay) there.

The Bible NEVER says that punishment...chastisememt...endures for an endless aion.
It does say it endures for multiple aions (note the plurality).
Even the lake of fire is described as "UNTIL the ages of the ages". Again there is plurality...and there are not multiple eternities. Making this mean an endless duratuion is in reality non-sensical. It also defines the lake of fire as second death...NOT final death.

It is your belief in an endless aion of punishments that is inaccurate.

It isn't God's design, or He would have built the Lake of Fire from the beginning. He didn't. He built hell because of Satan's sin, not The Lord's. The Lord is Holy, whether you understand that or not. As I said, yes, it is, at best.

Aimiel, if it isn't God's design to burn people forever...what makes you think He intends to burn Satan forever?

What is being described is the utter obliteration of evil...the undoing of all the WORKS of the Devil.

Another point I'll bring up again...

God PREVENTS man from living forever in the beginning, immediately after Adam sinned.
You say the wicked live forever anyway under conditions of burning torture...although you seem unwilling to understand how this could come about with creatures that don't live forever without God causing them to live forever in the first place.

The wicked do not partake of the tree of life....at least not until the invitation is given...which happens in the last chapter of the Bible in Revelation 22: 14-17. I believe that invitation endures until everyone comes. You believe it ends at physical death.

You are wrong.

red77

Nineveh said:
Talk about thick...

It was created for satan and his followers. God didn't want humans to be satans followers, but such is free will.

Here's the rub, God doesnt create the LOF in the ET scenario (literal/symbolic - jury's still out) for people, he never intended it to be for people - yet he knows that to create men that the LOF will be the ultimate 'resting place' for the vast majority of them....
And he knows this from the dawn of creation - so he creates the world anyway and invents the LOF knowing full well that men will end up in it, that is intent by association Nineveh....

Aimiel

logos_x said:
The Bible NEVER says that punishment...chastisememt...endures for an endless aion.
Mine does. Maybe you need to throw away your heap o' teachers that are scratcing your ears just the way you like it, so that you can find out the truth.
Even the lake of fire is described as "UNTIL the ages of the ages".
... and ages, and ages. Doesn't an 'age' mean like 1,000 years or more?
It also defines the lake of fire as second death...NOT final death.
You mean there will be a Third Death? Fourth?
It is your belief in an endless aion of punishments that is inaccurate.
:nono: It is your belief in your own understanding which doesn't trust in The Lord that has you spinning your wheels.
Aimiel, if it isn't God's design to burn people forever...what makes you think He intends to burn Satan forever?
Who said that it was God's 'design?'
God PREVENTS man from living forever in the beginning, immediately after Adam sinned.
Yes. His Purpose would have been thwarted, otherwise.
You say the wicked live forever anyway under conditions of burning torture...although you seem unwilling to understand how this could come about with creatures that don't live forever without God causing them to live forever in the first place.
The Word of God was speaking of temporal life, not spiritual life, when It spoke of man not having access to The Tree of Life.
The wicked do not partake of the tree of life....at least not until the invitation is given...which happens in the last chapter of the Bible in Revelation 22: 14-17.
No, the wicked never partake of that they cannot reach. You forget about the great gulf that is fixed between Heaven and hell, and I'll bet it is larger than the Gulf of Mexico. I believe that it is on an entirely different 'plane' of existence.
I believe that invitation endures until everyone comes.
That is heresy, foolishness and really poor interpretation.
You believe it ends at physical death.
There is nothing in Scripture to indicate otherwise, and many points which make that belief into sound doctrine (something else that you don't understand, I know).
You are wrong.
I know you are, but what am I?

logos_x

Aimiel said:
Mine does. Maybe you need to throw away your heap o' teachers that are scratcing your ears just the way you like it, so that you can find out the truth

Aion, or aionion, is what it says in the greek.
Never endless aion or aions.
It has nothing to do with a "heap o' teachers" on my end...it is on your end, your heap o' teachers who insist it must be endless, even though the Bible never says that...and your translators that translate aion or aionion to be endless, and then only in a few places.

Why do they do that? Because their theologic construct and plausibility structure demands it...not because aion or aionion means "eternal". It is you, and they, that needs to find out the truth and quit scratching your ears the way no one likes it.

. ... and ages, and ages. Doesn't an 'age' mean like 1,000 years or more?

Yep. They remain dead during the millenium. Those not found in the lamb's book of life at their resurrection die a second time...while God creates a New Heaven and Earth. They are seen again in the last chapter of Revelation...and then are invited in, whosoever will may come.

You mean there will be a Third Death? Fourth?:nono:

Two is enough.

It is your belief in your own understanding which doesn't trust in The Lord that has you spinning your wheels.

My wheels are not spinning. And I do trust in the Lord...not just for us, but everyone.

Who said that it was God's 'design?'

Who else could make an eternal torture chamber?

Yes. His Purpose would have been thwarted, otherwise.

And His Purpose will not be thwarted...not forever.

The Word of God was speaking of temporal life, not spiritual life, when It spoke of man not having access to The Tree of Life.

And it is Spiritual life that enables eternal life. It would take the enablement of eternal life for there to be eternal torment.

No, the wicked never partake of that they cannot reach. You forget about the great gulf that is fixed between Heaven and hell, and I'll bet it is larger than the Gulf of Mexico. I believe that it is on an entirely different 'plane' of existence.

Let the dishonest man act dishonestly still; let the filthy make himself filthy still; let the righteous practise righteousness still; and let the holy be made holy still."

"I am coming quickly; and My reward is with Me, that I may requite every man in accordance with what his conduct has been. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Blessed are those who wash their robes clean, that they may have a right to the Tree of Life, and may go through the gates into the city.

The unclean are shut out, and so are all who practise magic, all fornicators, all murderers, and those who worship idols, and every one who loves falsehood and tells lies.

"I Jesus have sent My angel for him solemnly to declare these things to you among the Churches. I am the Root and the offspring of David, the bright Morning Star. The Spirit and the Bride say, 'Come;' and whoever hears, let him say, 'Come;' and let those who are thirsty come. Whoever will, let him take the Water of Life, without payment.
(Rev 22:11-17 WNT)​

Where is that damned "gulf" now?

That is heresy, foolishness and really poor interpretation.

Why?
I just quoted it above.
How is it a poor interpretation to believe what it says?
And it is "heresy" because those that believe in eternal torment deternined what is "orthodox" in the sixth century.

There is nothing in Scripture to indicate otherwise, and many points which make that belief into sound doctrine (something else that you don't understand, I know).

:rotfl:

I know you are, but what am I?

:doh: I'm arguing with Pee-Wee Herman....

Ecumenicist

Paul talks about Creation groaning in birth pangs.

God, being All in All, Created a "Space" within God's self for the Universe, for Creation to reside
and develop. Creation exists "within" God.

In casting sinful individuals from God's Self, God is also hurtling those Individuals towards God's
Self, since God surrounds and fulfills all of Creation.

If fact, God is hurtling, or pulling, all of Creation towards God's Self. For those who accept God's
Grace, this pulling is a welcoming, for those who do not, God's Presence is a fearsome
Lake of Fire.

Both perspectives are true, otherwise Scripture is False. God pulls, restores, all things to God's
Self, at the same time hurtling Sin, away from God's Self. God's acts of hurtling and pulling are
different interpretations of the same, consistant action of God.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Dave Miller said:
Paul talks about Creation groaning in birth pangs.

God, being All in All, Created a "Space" within God's self for the Universe, for Creation to reside
and develop. Creation exists "within" God.

In casting sinful individuals from God's Self, God is also hurtling those Individuals towards God's
Self, since God surrounds and fulfills all of Creation.

If fact, God is hurtling, or pulling, all of Creation towards God's Self. For those who accept God's
Grace, this pulling is a welcoming, for those who do not, God's Presence is a fearsome
Lake of Fire.

Both perspectives are true, otherwise Scripture is False. God pulls, restores, all things to God's
Self, at the same time hurtling Sin, away from God's Self. God's acts of hurtling and pulling are
different interpretations of the same, consistant action of God.

I can't decide if you sound more buddhist or baha'i.

Aimiel

:loser:_x said:
Aion, or aionion, is what it says in the HeapOTeachers' Greek Dictionary. Never endless aion or aions. It has nothing to do with a "heap o' teachers" on my end...
:rolleyes: Ironic, hunh?
...it is on your end, your heap o' teachers who insist it must be endless, even though the Bible never says that...and your translators that translate aion or aionion to be endless, and then only in a few places.
Logos, it is obvious from other references and isn't the least bit un-clear. You're missing truth because you're listening to too many teachers who say what you want to hear.
Because their theologic construct and plausibility structure demands it...not because aion or aionion means "eternal". It is you, and they, that needs to find out the truth and quit scratching your ears the way no one likes it.
Yeah. Right.
Those not found in the lamb's book of life at their resurrection die a second time...
The 'second death' isn't another death, it is torment. :duh:
They are seen again in the last chapter of Revelation...and then are invited in, whosoever will may come.
You're missing the actual meaning of the text (again).
The unclean are shut out, and so are all who practise magic, all fornicators, all murderers, and those who worship idols, and every one who loves falsehood and tells lies.
They're shut out because they have to go to the Lake of Fire, forever.
:doh: I'm arguing with Pee-Wee Herman...
I gave a moronic answer to a moronic statement. You said, "You're wrong." That isn't an argument, it is contradiction. This room is for arguments, Contradiction is across the hall, and two doors down. on the left. :chuckle:

Aimiel

Nineveh said:
I can't decide if you sound more buddhist or baha'i.
He's an escapee from the 1970's: a hippie. Go back, hippie, this is the future, you're not wanted here!!! :comeout:

Balder

Aimiel said:
He's an escapee from the 1970's: a hippie. Go back, hippie, this is the future, you're not wanted here!!! :comeout:
A hippie versus ... what? First century Pharisees??

Aimiel

Balder said:
A hippie versus ... what? First century Pharisees?
Jesus is 'pictured' by Dave (and now by yourself) as meek and perfectly predictable. I've discovered that not only does The Bible describe The Lamb of God as also being The Lion of Judah, but the anti-Christ is exposed when those who seek him speak about the one they love and adore. It is their god that they are describing, but that god isn't The Lord; it is the spirit of anti-Christ, masquarading as Him. There is none that compares to The Ancient of Days. The Lord of Hosts is His Name. He never 'pretended' anything. He took on The Form of Flesh to give us Truth. Avoiding that Truth is the stumblingblock of many men. They claim to be 'truthseekers' but all they really are is self-seekers, trying to put their 'image' of The Almighty upon His Throne. It would be sad if it wasn't so pathetic.

Balder

Aimiel said:
Jesus is 'pictured' by Dave (and now by yourself) as meek and perfectly predictable. I've discovered that not only does The Bible describe The Lamb of God as also being The Lion of Judah, but the anti-Christ is exposed when those who seek him speak about the one they love and adore. It is their god that they are describing, but that god isn't The Lord; it is the spirit of anti-Christ, masquarading as Him. There is none that compares to The Ancient of Days. The Lord of Hosts is His Name. He never 'pretended' anything. He took on The Form of Flesh to give us Truth. Avoiding that Truth is the stumblingblock of many men. They claim to be 'truthseekers' but all they really are is self-seekers, trying to put their 'image' of The Almighty upon His Throne. It would be sad if it wasn't so pathetic.
We are in the image of God. No wonder when people look up, they see reflections of themselves. Sadistic, vengeful people see a sadistic, vengeful God.

Aimiel

Balder said:
We are in the image of God. No wonder when people look up, they see reflections of themselves. Sadistic, vengeful people see a sadistic, vengeful God.
Hippies with no morals see a "do-whatever-feels-good," god. The Lord isn't into hippies with no morals.

Status
Not open for further replies.