Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Likewise,

Is there a Biblical trinity?
Of course, there is.
How many do you want?

Peter, James and John

Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

The three daughters of Job 1:2

The Lord, Satan and Job of Job 1:8

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego

body and soul and spirit of I Thessalonians 5:23

the law, the prophets and the psalms of Luke 24:44

Which ones do AMR believe in?

Or does he believe in all of them?

Does scripture call any of the triplets I listed a trinity?

Why not?
In your ignorance, you blasphemy against Jesus.

God's Truth

So then,

a. all of God became flesh?

b. one third of God became flesh?

You try to put Jesus in the same category as everyone who speaks God's Truth.

I am not in you. You are not in me. Jesus Christ himself is in me and me in him. You think God merely speaks through a man to tell us what He wants us to know, yet you cannot see the difference between Jesus and the other prophets, or anyone else.

oatmeal

You try to put Jesus in the same category as everyone who speaks God's Truth.

I am not in you. You are not in me. Jesus Christ himself is in me and me in him. You think God merely speaks through a man to tell us what He wants us to know, yet you cannot see the difference between Jesus and the other prophets, or anyone else.

So then,

oatmeal

The Word, which was GOD, became flesh.

Then you apply your reason to doubt what GOD has said because you think, "This can't be because I can't thoroughly understand it".

The scripture is the word of God is it not?

keypurr

I cannot judge your heart, but I will not say all Oneness are not saved (just like I don't say all Catholics are not saved, though many are not).

Oneness is a dangerous heresy that borders on cult, but is probably a sect. It is serious to misrepresent God and His Word, but His grace can still save if you trust the person and work of Christ as God despite your ignorance.

Following a blind leader will not led you to God. The church has misrepresented God's word for centuries. There is much more to God than what you have been taught. Many sincere folks are in need of enlightenment that is why we continue to learn. One should never stop learning like I believe most have. I think GT is still seeking to understand. GT's heart is in the right place and that is what is most important. Yours is also but you seem content to still follow the man made mistakes that early church fathers made. So who is in danger of judgement more?

Peace GR

Posted from the TOL App!

keypurr

Many people with false teachings say this. The Body of Christ includes local churches that are visible in addition to the invisible Church universal. The Spirit uses godly leadership, local churches, the Word, etc. to preserve sound doctrine. When someone is an oxymoronic Lone Ranger Christian, they are acting contrary to Scripture and prone to error and deception.

Another stupid statement from GR. Christ Jesus was a Lone Ranger.

Posted from the TOL App!

keypurr

I belong to the body of Christ.

We have to search for God on our own. We also have to check with the scriptures for everything that we are taught to see if what we are taught is God's Truth. All should spend some time alone with the Holy Spirit and the Bible. If you are only listening to what a denomination says, you might not hear what God is saying.

AMEN GT, we agree on that 100%.

Posted from the TOL App!

keypurr

The scriptural answer:

The Word which was with GOD and was GOD, became flesh and dwelt with men.

This is a great mystery and ultimately beyond out ability to totally understand, but that's what the scripture says. One can choose to bow to the authority of what GOD has revealed in scripture or one can choose not to and attempt to explain it away.

I guess I'm smarter than you for I have no problem understanding it. Use the term "a god" and it might help you. Also consider the term "most high God" it might show you that God created others that are considered as god.

The only authority in my faith is God and his son, the churches have only half truths. We are encouraged to learn the most we can about God, that can not be done if one is chained to a limited church structure. One needs to be open minded or they will continue in darkness.

Posted from the TOL App!

God's Truth

You believe in a trinity

And so does AMR

What is the point of your discussion?

I am trying to help others know Jesus better.

Trinitarians say Jesus is God but not the Father and the Holy Spirit.

However, Jesus is God and is therefore the Father and the Holy Spirit.

We are to contend for the faith.

God's Truth

So then,

What kind of question is that? What is its purpose? What are you getting at?

What sense are you trying to make?

Does it make sense to you to say half of God came to us, or 3/4 of God came to us?

God's Truth

Following a blind leader will not led you to God. The church has misrepresented God's word for centuries. There is much more to God than what you have been taught. Many sincere folks are in need of enlightenment that is why we continue to learn. One should never stop learning like I believe most have. I think GT is still seeking to understand. GT's heart is in the right place and that is what is most important. Yours is also but you seem content to still follow the man made mistakes that early church fathers made. So who is in danger of judgement more?

Peace GR

Posted from the TOL App!

I agree with what you say about GR. He is content with hiding behind many before him. He feels strength in numbers and size.

Even David told his son Solomon to search for God. Imagine that.

As for me, I sought God and found Him.

I know and understand God, and I love adding knowledge to my faith.

keypurr

I agree with what you say about GR. He is content with hiding behind many before him. He feels strength in numbers and size.

Even David told his son Solomon to search for God. Imagine that.

As for me, I sought God and found Him.

I know and understand God, and I love adding knowledge to my faith.

I know in your heart you believe in your theology GT, but I disagree with it. God is not on the churches, he dwells in the hearts and minds of his people. The church Jesus started is not in the main stream of Christianity. You will find more truths to consider as you keep seeking. Your on the right road as long as you keep looking. There is only one true God, the most high father. Once you see that, scripture will make more sense to you. Christ, the real son that was sent, is a creation, only the father is God.

Friend let us travel this road to his kingdom with love and understanding for God and all people.

Posted from the TOL App!

fishrovmen

Okay, now that GT has explained in a little more detail, is anyone that is following the debate able to sum up what GT believes about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit ;and how they relate to each other? It seems to me that when GT uses the name or title "God" that he/she is referring to the Father. It also seems that GT believes that the Spirit (Father) united with a body of flesh and became known as "Jesus"? I'm not sure if this flesh body is the same "spiritual body" that his/her "Jesus" had prior to coming to earth? I still don't understand where the Spirit comes in to play? Maybe GT believes that the "Spirit" is the description of the Father and Son's invisibility? If anyone could summarize, or if GT could explain or correct what I have written, it would be appreciated.

fishrovmen

Having re-read Gt's remarks, I am still not understanding how Jesus and the Father are EXACTLY the same, yet GT says that Jesus brought the Father glory on earth and also that Jesus existed with God before coming to earth.??

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You do lose, and you cannot see it.
I note you do not admit your own error as to who challenged who to a debate. No matter, I have proved my point. Your admission you were wrong to claim otherwise is not needed.

AMR

God's Truth

I know in your heart you believe in your theology GT,
That is good that you can see that much.
but I disagree with it.
That is too bad, because I only speak what the scriptures say.
God is not on the churches,
You do not listen too well anymore. Show where I have said God is in the churches. I have said the church is true worshippers; the church is the body of Christ. Those who are saved are the church. A denomination is not a church. A building is not a church.
Your on the right road as long as you keep looking.
You are a little bit silly and unwillingly to look around you and acknowledge anyone else as saved. You have flaws to work out. I hope that you will do so and get closer to the Lord.
There is only one true God, the most high father. Once you see that, scripture will make more sense to you. Christ, the real son that was sent, is a creation, only the father is God.
Jesus is the same as God. Jesus is God come in the flesh.
Friend let us travel this road to his kingdom with love and understanding for God and all people.
Practice what you preach.

keypurr

That is good that you can see that much.

That is too bad, because I only speak what the scriptures say.

You do not listen too well anymore. Show where I have said God is in the churches. I have said the church is true worshippers; the church is the body of Christ. Those who are saved are the church. A denomination is not a church. A building is not a church.

You are a little bit silly and unwillingly to look around you and acknowledge anyone else as saved. You have flaws to work out. I hope that you will do so and get closer to the Lord.

Jesus is the same as God. Jesus is God come in the flesh.

Practice what you preach.

It is you who is having a reading problem. My last post was agreeing with you. I also said that I think you will find the truth you seek. You misunderstood me friend. I do not agree with your conclusions but I feel that you will to fond truth will pay off. We all have flaws to work out.

I disagree that Jesus is God. He is the son of God. They are not one and the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.