• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aimiel
    replied
    Originally posted by Letsargue View Post
    Christ's Color?
    I think He's green...

And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

Leave a comment:

• CatholicCrusader
    replied
    Christ's Color???
    Probably like this, a person born in the region:

Leave a comment:

• musterion
    replied
    Oh yeah, lil' Timmy, crying in his fruity pebbles.

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    Originally posted by musterion View Post
    Dude, you in the mood for rants? Go check out Capricorn's weak game of trolling, complete with threats of straight up murder. Hilarious!
    great stuff!

my personal fave was timmy:

Originally posted by Timotheos View Post
    Don't ever talk to me again creep or I will find you and hurt you.
    and my response:
    Originally posted by ok doser View Post

Spoiler

this was after the following insults were deemed by timmy to be insufficient:

What a moron.
    You are the stupidest person I know.
    Your brain is damaged.
    idiot.
    you are the stupidest creep ever to walk the face of the earth.
    Your brain is damaged and you should crawl into a hole and die.
    You have no value as a human being whatsoever.
    you sadistic little troll booger.
    Don't ever talk to me again creep or I will find you and hurt you.

Leave a comment:

• musterion
    replied
    Originally posted by ok doser View Post
    oh lordy, i do miss LA's rants

Dude, you in the mood for rants? Go check out Capricorn's weak game of trolling, complete with threats of straight up murder. Hilarious!

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    The F-I-R-S-T Men a-n-d ALL Tribes a-n-d Governments WERE ""BLACK""!!!!! - There Has NEVER Been Any People On Earth BUT BLACK People!! -- They Had Some ""ALBINOS"", and THE "ALBINOS" Got Together And Formed Their OWN WHITE Civilization!! -- Thus ALL White Men are ""ALBINOS""!!!

TAKE IT OR LEAVE (( ""I-T"" ))!!!!!!!!! -- None of You Know who YOU ARE ANYHOW!!!!!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 082516
    oh lordy, i do miss LA's rants

Leave a comment:

• DavidK
    replied
    Originally posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    It's not an assumption, please watch this to understand why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4c4812XA9A
    It's hard to believe that you find that video to be convincing proof. A man desperate to show that it is authentic came up with several tests that show several different dates over several hundred years and managed to create a similar image (that we're not really shown) with electricity and a dummy. They didn't even say that his similar eletrical image only colored the surface fibers even though that point was stressed over and over.

Interesting, though, the image of Jesus being resurrected a lot like Frankenstein's monster.

Also that image was created by Computer graphics artist Ray Downing by using information embedded in the shroud, please watch rather than making assumptions, it is well worth it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE
    Haven't watched this one yet. I'm undecided on whether to, since there's not much point without being convinced the shroud is authentic. Does it have the same kind of dramatic music and narration?

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    Originally posted by steko View Post
    Can you find the little man in th' picture?
    still looking

he's wearing a red and white striped sweater, right?

Leave a comment:

• DavidK
    replied
    Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Finally, we have a visible sign of Christ which has been given to assist faith in our sensory condition. It is called the Lord's supper; and a part of the exercise of communion at the Lord's supper is stirring up faith to spiritually feed upon Jesus. The practice of drawing sensory images of Christ and of contemplating Christ in them is counter-productive to the process of strengthening faith by means of the sacrament. Such a practice sets itself up in direct competition with the institution and ordinance of God, and is accurately called will-worship.
    My family started celebrating the Passover meal several years ago, and it has been a huge blessing in contemplating our Savior and what He has done for us. What communion has become in many Christian congregations is so stripped of a lot of the richness and joy that should be in the breaking of the bread and drinking of the cup.

Leave a comment:

• Ask Mr. Religion
    replied
    Second Commandment

If we naturally form mental images of contemplated objects then it follows that we naturally form mental images of God Himself. Yet God expressly forbids making images of Him. The argument from natural imagination must be false. Even if it were proved that this was natural to men it would not justify the practice of making pictures of Christ. We have been given the ability to think through the nature and consequences of our actions; and believers have the grace of sanctification to enable them to depart from evil and to do good.

The apostles saw and knew the physical, visible image of Christ, but they never passed on any particular, visual description of it. They have taught us to know Christ by faith, not by sight. They have expressly taught that our faith in Christ and love to Him are not conditional on seeing Him, but are entirely dependent on the acceptance and consideration of Him as He has revealed Himself in His names, attributes, offices, works, words, and benefits.

Finally, we have a visible sign of Christ which has been given to assist faith in our sensory condition. It is called the Lord's supper; and a part of the exercise of communion at the Lord's supper is stirring up faith to spiritually feed upon Jesus. The practice of drawing sensory images of Christ and of contemplating Christ in them is counter-productive to the process of strengthening faith by means of the sacrament. Such a practice sets itself up in direct competition with the institution and ordinance of God, and is accurately called will-worship.

If any are tempted to think this is a light and trivial matter, please think again in the light of God's holy word. The Word calls us to separate from idolatry because idolatry corrupts our spiritual communion with God and defiles both flesh and spirit.

AMR

Leave a comment:

• WatchmanOnTheWall
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidK View Post
    Wow, he looks so surprisingly like a Hollywood Jesus. Of course, you have to start with the assumption that the shroud of Turin is real. And ignore how much interpretation might have gone into trying to extrapolate that out of the shroud.

A forensic anthropolgist created this image of what a typical Galilean man would have looked like when Jesus was ministering.

https://goo.gl/images/vsEPAB

In Isaiah 53 the prophet predicted the Messiah wouldn't be attractive to the eye, but since what we find attractive changes a lot with culture and time, it's hard to know what that would actually mean.

But, yeah, as to actual color, His skin would have been a shade common for a descendant of Judah in Palestine. Dark, but not what we call "black".
    It's not an assumption, please watch this to understand why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4c4812XA9A

Also that image was created by Computer graphics artist Ray Downing by using information embedded in the shroud, please watch rather than making assumptions, it is well worth it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE

Leave a comment:

• DavidK
    replied
    Originally posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    The races and their different skin tones began to develop after God scattered the people at the Tower of Babel, into the 70 different languages that became 70 different nations and ethnicities. Adam an Eve were more than likely brown coloured, just the same as the dirt from which Adam was made. Jesus looked like this:

The Real Face of Jesus From the Shroud of Turin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE
    Wow, he looks so surprisingly like a Hollywood Jesus. Of course, you have to start with the assumption that the shroud of Turin is real. And ignore how much interpretation might have gone into trying to extrapolate that out of the shroud.

A forensic anthropolgist created this image of what a typical Galilean man would have looked like when Jesus was ministering.

https://goo.gl/images/vsEPAB

In Isaiah 53 the prophet predicted the Messiah wouldn't be attractive to the eye, but since what we find attractive changes a lot with culture and time, it's hard to know what that would actually mean.

But, yeah, as to actual color, His skin would have been a shade common for a descendant of Judah in Palestine. Dark, but not what we call "black".

Leave a comment:

• Grosnick Marowbe
    replied
    1 Corinthians 14/35

This is A ""Christian / Religious Program""!!!!!!!
    God has ""N-E-V-E-R"" Spoken to ANY Woman except to keep Silent and Obey MEN in the CHURCH. ((((( T-H-I-S IS A ""CHURCH"" )))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A CHURCH IS A "G-R-O-U-P" Of Religious People and that is "ALL" It IS!!!!!!!!!

3/17/17

PAUL DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you crazy man.

Leave a comment:

• Letsargue
    replied
    1 Corinthians 14/35

This is A ""Christian / Religious Program""!!!!!!!
    God has ""N-E-V-E-R"" Spoken to ANY Woman except to keep Silent and Obey MEN in the CHURCH. ((((( T-H-I-S IS A ""CHURCH"" )))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A CHURCH IS A "G-R-O-U-P" Of Religious People and that is "ALL" It IS!!!!!!!!!

3/17/17

PAUL DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• WatchmanOnTheWall
    replied
    The races and their different skin tones began to develop after God scattered the people at the Tower of Babel, into the 70 different languages that became 70 different nations and ethnicities. Adam an Eve were more than likely brown coloured, just the same as the dirt from which Adam was made. Jesus looked like this:

The Real Face of Jesus From the Shroud of Turin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE

Leave a comment:

Working...
X