Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's see - do any of these appear to apply to town?

The twenty traits assessed by the PCL-R score are:

glib and superficial charm

grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self

need for stimulation

pathological lying

cunning and manipulativeness

lack of remorse or guilt

shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)

callousness and lack of empathy

parasitic lifestyle

poor behavioral controls

sexual promiscuity

early behavior problems

lack of realistic long-term goals

impulsivity

irresponsibility

failure to accept responsibility for own actions

many short-term marital relationships

juvenile delinquency

revocation of conditional release

criminal versatility

Read more: http://www.minddisorders.com/Flu-Inv...#ixzz5fCTNHofW

Last edited by ok doser; February 11th, 2019, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ok doser View Post
      let's see - do any of these appear to apply to town?

The twenty traits assessed by the PCL-R score are:

glib and superficial charm
      grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
      need for stimulation
      pathological lying
      cunning and manipulativeness
      lack of remorse or guilt
      shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
      callousness and lack of empathy
      parasitic lifestyle
      poor behavioral controls
      sexual promiscuity
      early behavior problems
      lack of realistic long-term goals
      impulsivity
      irresponsibility
      failure to accept responsibility for own actions
      many short-term marital relationships
      juvenile delinquency
      revocation of conditional release
      criminal versatility

Read more: http://www.minddisorders.com/Flu-Inv...#ixzz5fCTNHofW
      Let's keep this simple. Town is a classic example of an Egomaniac.

Comment

it's not surprising that you don't recognize your disability, or are unwilling to acknowledge it. Very few psychopaths believe themselves to be ill.
        He's giving us a darn good sample of it in this thread, isn't he?

Comment

it's not surprising that you don't recognize your disability, or are unwilling to acknowledge it. Very few psychopaths believe themselves to be ill.
          In conclusion then...I think I actually admire that you've taken your impulses and control them this way, where you won't actually hurt anyone. I'm sorry that they have and will continue to do what they've done to your actual life, but short of divine intervention I'm not sure what could change that.

So I'll put you on the prayer list and you can let me know if it ever does you any good.

I hope that it does. Now then, back to life.
          You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
            Wow, so Town has a habit of trying to censor people here.
            Only the mods have that power. Town can't censor anything or anyone.

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
            You are wrong, Town Heretic.
            Well, I guess that settles it then.
            “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Comment

• Originally posted by WizardofOz View Post
              Only the mods have that power. Town can't censor anything or anyone.
              GT didn't say he was successful

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                In conclusion then...I think I actually admire that you've taken your impulses and control them this way, where you won't actually hurt anyone. I'm sorry that they have and will continue to do what they've done to your actual life, but short of divine intervention I'm not sure what could change that.

So I'll put you on the prayer list and you can let me know if it ever does you any good.

I hope that it does. Now then, back to life.
                ✓ glib and superficial charm

✓ grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self

✓ need for stimulation

✓ pathological lying

✓ cunning and manipulativeness

✓ lack of remorse or guilt

✓ shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)

Comment

you two may be familiar with this, but i find it fascinating - people like town are arguing to control my language because it may be offensive to some undefined person somewhere, somewhen - but he thinks nothing of the use of the terms "moron", "idiot", "cretin" and "imbecile"
                  This is the tweet twitter requires me to remove myself, before I can continue using their social media site.
                  Originally posted by Idolater @Nee_Nihilo Oct 29, 2018, 9:27 PM
                  @piersmorgan Why do you keep railing against people with mental defects? Murderers are not 'maniacs,' they are murderers. Please keep them separated in your mind, you [-ubar word] [R word].
                  (I was commenting on a spiteful anti gun rights tweet @piersmorgan made, one of very many that they made that day.)

I censored it for this site . . . wait, I excessively censored it for TOL: Here's the TOL-compliant version:
                  Originally posted by Idolater @Nee_Nihilo Oct 29, 2018, 9:27 PM
                  @piersmorgan Why do you keep railing against people with mental defects? Murderers are not 'maniacs,' they are murderers. Please keep them separated in your mind, you [-ubar word] retard.
                  The twitter-compliant version is not visible on TOL because of the -ubar word, but the R word is OK here. It's vice versa on twitter.

I'm thinking of just caving in and removing the tweet and getting back on, but it's really only so that I can contact Catholic TV on twitter, and complain about something to them concerning their streaming on-demand shows on the Roku.

Do you think I should just cave to twitter being R words? It doesn't feel right, and it'd be easy enough to start a new twitter account and just continue on my way, but at the same time, this tweet is not published; nobody can see it but me, because even though it's not technically deleted, it's never going to see the light of twitter day, one way or another; I'll either remove it, and it won't be shown, or I'll just walk away, and it won't be shown. So that seems like I'm already defeated in even using their platform, if I don't want to abide by their rules, no matter how R word those rules are (and I mean, they are as if a cluster of clinically R word people made the decisions).

It seems like there's such a thing as a lost cause, and as a checkmate. I don't want to be R word about this and break my forehead on a wall of bricks. Maybe I just come back and get more creative about saying the R word without actually saying the R word.

But I think the bottom line is that it is R word, that I am forced to have to think this through myself, without any boundaries that aren't arbitrary (to your point). If there are no inalienable boundaries, then this is a waste of time, but if there are, no one can show us the tablets, it's like Joe Smith who couldn't show us the plates, but could conveniently recall thousands and thousands of words that he read off those plates, with optical character recognition and Google Translate auto-replacement enabled reading glasses, and he lost the reading glasses too.

There's no moral authority here. The First Amendment doesn't invoke any authority, that's what the freedom of speech and of the press means, nobody can tell you with valid authority that how you're expressing yourself is wrong; if anybody could, then we wouldn't possess the inalienable right to free speech, but we do possess that inalienable right.

Why can't I just say the R word and all the -ubar words? This, I ask to the famous "some undefined person somewhere, somewhen" that you named. Their answer? Crickets. It's made up, by the people who are pointing fingers. If they didn't point fingers, this wouldn't be so R word. And ironically if they weren't so R word, they Wouldn't Point Fingers.

To your point.
                  "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Comment

• does twitter allow "tard"?

or the "f" variant?

Comment

does twitter allow "tard"?

or the "f" variant?
                      On the latter, I think that is permitted, but I'm not 100%. I never cared for that version, but it's an aesthetic thing; I'm more of a snob about it.

And I just think that the former, butchers an otherwise really beautiful word. I don't want to use that, even if the twittards are OK with it.

Maybe I'll just say 'R word' and have to leave it at that, die on some other hill instead.

@Nee_Nihilo

Comment

• Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                        Maybe I just come back and get more creative about saying the R word without actually saying the R word.
                        That sounds completely retarded.
                        Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                        Maybe I'll just say 'R word' and have to leave it at that
                        That still sounds completely retarded.
                        Learn to read what is written.

_____
                        The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                        ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                          That sounds completely retarded.

That still sounds completely retarded.
                          Isn't that what I said?
                          Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                          There's no moral authority here. The First Amendment doesn't invoke any authority, that's what the freedom of speech and of the press means, nobody can tell you with valid authority that how you're expressing yourself is wrong; if anybody could, then we wouldn't possess the inalienable right to free speech, but we do possess that inalienable right.

Why can't I just say the R word and all the -ubar words? This, I ask to the famous "some undefined person somewhere, somewhen" that you named. Their answer? Crickets. It's made up, by the people who are pointing fingers. If they didn't point fingers, this wouldn't be so R word. And ironically if they weren't so R word, they Wouldn't Point Fingers.

@Nee_Nihilo

Comment

does twitter allow "tard"?

or the "f" variant?
                            I was thinking about substituting "encephalopath /encephalopathic," but it's just too many syllables. The R word is superior.

@Nee_Nihilo

Comment

• too cerebral

i suspect that most twitards wouldn't get it

Comment

• Does it bother you if even one person loses his faith because of your forum?
                                No.
                                Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                                This attitude is astounding to me.
                                Anybody who loses faith over a relatively unknown internet site probably had no real faith to begin with.

I looked at your previous posts. You said:

Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                                so many conservative 'Christians' don't care about children once they're born
                                Really? Maybe you should consider how your own terrible words affect Christians who are having problems. What a horrible thing to say

Comment

Working...
                                X