Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

I'm a mod there. It's the job to remind people of the rules there. He wanted to drag old baggage from another site into the mix without any provocation. The poster in question hadn't said a word to or about him there.

How about Pate not stomping around to the point where two different mods have to warn him out of a thread that isn't where that conduct belongs?

I don't know that he was wrongly banned. But my concern is in how you and anyone else behaves in relation to the rules there.

No, because you claimed that my post was, " not based on reality or facts."
When, in point of fact, it was factual and supportable, which is why I set out that response with particular.

I'm pretty sure you waded in. Maybe you shouldn't have. Maybe you're still assuming things that just aren't true, like you did when you told AB you thought I had something to do with your banning. I support it, because you were given a warning by another mod then told that mod you had no intention of abiding by it. That's asking for an infraction. You didn't leave them any real choice. But I wasn't there for it and played no role in it.

I'm more interested in liking you. I try to find the part in anyone who isn't dedicated to ill will.

I stand by what I said.
You just keep making excuses for yourself.
You are not a person who should be a mod; neither should the others there.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You shouldn’t use OCD as a snarky joke.
I didn't. I suppose that's why you're not quoting me doing it.

As for sanitarium, I like what some people said about it.
Merriam Webster:

1 : an establishment that provides therapy combined with a regimen (as of diet and exercise) for treatment or rehabilitation

2a: an institution for rest and recuperation (as of convalescents)
b: an establishment for the treatment of the chronically ill

And so my use.

Regardless, I guess you get to make fun of people for their tragedy when it suits you.
No, I really don't. But it's like you to think a thing mostly because it suits you.

This liking you may be harder than I thought. :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I stand by what I said.
That's irrational.

You just keep making excuses for yourself.
No, I just made the mistake of thinking that you were essentially emotional, but honest. That if I set out, point for point, how your assertions were contradicted by fact it would mean something to you.

You are not a person who should be a mod; neither should the others there.
Outside of a blog I can't imagine you holding a different opinion.

There. Have you gotten your, "I Just Got Banned and Someone Must Pay" blues out of your system or should we continue?

God's Truth

That's irrational.

No, I just made the mistake of thinking that you were essentially emotional, but honest. That if I set out, point for point, how your assertions were contradicted by fact it would mean something to you.

Outside of a blog I can't imagine you holding a different opinion.

There. Have you gotten your, "I Just Got Banned and Someone Must Pay" blues out of your system or should we continue?

That is just more false judging by you and further proof you shouldn't be a moderator.

God's Truth

every single response you've made to GT has been a strenuous rebuttal - have you agreed with a single point he's made?

have you made a single effort to defuse tension, to find common ground?

Exactly!
TH takes the side of people with the same beliefs, and those considered friends, and doesn't make righteous decisions by considering all sides.

God's Truth

You even falsely judge me and try to fault me for joining in this discussion.

I didn't come and post in this thread for the reason you said.

I came to the back alley and posted where the others were, and because if I stay on this part of the site no one should be able to complain and get me banned.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
every single response you've made to GT has been a strenuous rebuttal - have you agreed with a single point he's made?
I'm pretty sure GT is a she. GT came into the thread to take a kick because she got booted from another website and thought I had something to do with it, which makes my spending days trying to develop a different relationship by backchannel feel like a complete waste of time.

have you made a single effort to defuse tension, to find common ground?
I get you're just doing this as a recruiting tactic, but I don't typically try to find common ground with people who are just charging the mound. I did give her reason to stop and think, just as I gave her an answer on a point of assumption that should have been settled with a question.

God's Truth

I'm pretty sure GT is a she. GT came into the thread to take a kick because she got booted from another website and thought I had something to do with it, which makes my spending days trying to develop a different relationship by backchannel feel like a complete waste of time.

I get you're just doing this as a recruiting tactic, but I don't typically try to find common ground with people who are just charging the mound. I did give her reason to stop and think, just as I gave her an answer on a point of assumption that should have been settled with a question.

You can't stop yourself can you?

God's Truth

As for my getting banned, it has happened a lot. I get banned because people don't like what I say about doing what Jesus says to do to get saved, like humble yourself, repent of your sins, call on him.

The faith alone crowd hates me for that. I am also hated by the Calvinists because I prove with scripture that Jesus is the Savior of all men, all have a chance to be saved. Those who believe in nowadays tongue speaking hate me because I prove tongues ceased; etc.

I get banned for speaking the truth and sometimes defending myself, while others get away with harassing me none stop.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
TH takes the side of people with the same beliefs
AB is a universalist. I'm not. Anna was a conservative Catholic when we became friends. I'm neither. AMR called me his Armenian friend for a very long time. Fool is an atheist. Nope. And so on. In point of fact, the only unifying thing about my friends list is that its peopled by those I respect, whom I can differ with on principle and strongly without losing that respect.

and those considered friends
Supra. Or, see how that undoes your first part.

and doesn't make righteous decisions
That's just how someone comfortable with calling themselves Gods Truth interprets disagreement. You take the side of any voice that agrees with you on a point until they disagree on another and then it's heart to dagger.

That makes you no one's particular friend. You're going to have to learn to do and be better than that or get comfortable being miserable, because human beings aren't meant to function that way.

As for my getting banned, it has happened a lot. I get banned because people don't like what I say about doing what Jesus says to do to get saved, like humble yourself, repent of your sins, call on him.
No, you don't. You get banned for how you proffer what you believe, not for what you believe.

God's Truth

AB is a universalist. I'm not. Anna was a conservative Catholic when we became friends. I'm neither. AMR called me his Armenian friend for a very long time. Fool is an atheist. Nope. And so on. In point of fact, the only unifying thing about my friends list is that its peopled by those I respect, whom I can differ with on principle and strongly without losing that respect.

Supra. Or, see how that undoes your first part.
No, it just undid your first part.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No, it just undid your first part.
No, I didn't, but you have a peculiar habit of declaring things (or echoing them) without the ability to put an arm in the sleeve, so to speak.

You can't say I choose people who believe the way I do (clearly contradicted) and then try to add friends to the list as an exception. If friends differ with me it undoes your first part. If they don't it's needless. You were trying to cover a lot of ground, but strayed into the irrational to manage it.

God's Truth

. You take the side of any voice that agrees with you on a point until they disagree on another and then it's heart to dagger.
That is more untruth from you.
That makes you no one's particular friend. You're going to have to learn to do and be better than that or get comfortable being miserable, because human beings aren't meant to function that way.
I would not ever stoop to what you do and be a friend of this world so you will like me.

No, you don't. You get banned for how you proffer what you believe, not for what you believe.
That is more untruths from you.

You let some of the people there constantly harass me and call me a liar and encoding problems, and other off things. Your a bad person to me and a terrible moderator.

God's Truth

No, I didn't, but you have a peculiar habit of declaring things (or echoing them) without the ability to put an arm in the sleeve, so to speak.

You can't say I choose people who believe the way I do (clearly contradicted) and then try to add friends to the list as an exception. If friends differ with me it undoes your first part. If they don't it's needless. You were trying to cover a lot of ground, but strayed into the irrational to manage it.

Blah, blah, blah. You just like to argue for the sake of arguing. Nothing you say about me is true Everything that I said is. I am hated for my beliefs because what I say is true. You are friends with Catholics and atheists. etc, because God's Truth isn't known enough by any of you; and, when I make a point the truth hurts.

God's Truth

You couldn't handle the things I've been through with other members.

I'm going to wait for the other people to come back and tell you about yourself.

I'm out.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That is more untruth from you.
Hogwash, but as declarations go it's a peach. So, peachy hogwash.

Now get to stoopin'!

I would not ever stoop
You will get to stoopin'!

to what you do
That thing I do?

and be a friend of this world
Do you put the back of one palm to your head when you type something that silly?

so you will like me.
I like people who are genuine and passionate and thoughtful, provided they demonstrate they understand there are those diametrically opposed to them who are as genuine and passionate and thoughtful and act accordingly. You've got the first couple, but you have miles to go before you get to the other part.

You let some of the people there constantly harass me and call me a liar and encoding problems, and other off things.
I think you think I read you a lot more than I do.

God's Truth

Hogwash, but as declarations go it's a peach. So, peachy hogwash.

Now get to stoopin'!

You will get to stoopin'!

That thing I do?

Do you put the back of one palm to your head when you type something that silly?

I like people who are genuine and passionate and thoughtful, provided they demonstrate they understand there are those diametrically opposed to them who are as genuine and passionate and thoughtful and act accordingly. You've got the first couple, but you have miles to go before you get to the other part.

I think you think I read you a lot more than I do.

I'm a good person. If I don't have friends, it is because you all are hurt by the truth that I kindly reveal.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Blah, blah, blah. You just like to argue for the sake of arguing.
I'll admit it can be a hoot.

Nothing you say about me is true
Sure it is. I said almost every single complaint you made about me was demonstrably untrue and then gave you post and point on it.

I am hated for my beliefs because what I say is true.
You can fashion that cross and jump up on it, GT, but the fact is you're widely disliked for how you conduct yourself.

You are friends with Catholics and atheists. etc, because God's Truth isn't known enough by any of you; and, when I make a point the truth hurts.
No, I'm friends with people I differ with because of their character. I'd have been yours too, but you sabotage that with people. I suspect it's because if you were friends with someone who disagreed with you then you wouldn't be able to keep this martyr bit going. In your mind you're Joan of Arc, but to many you're more the neighbor who plays her stereo too loud at three a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.