The Holy Ghost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

Your Christian Life / Eternal Life is founded on whether or not you’ve been baptized of the Holy Ghost. - Most of you deny the Holy Ghost, calling him just “Spirit”. - Ghost / the Holy Ghost refers to a Spiritual “BODY”, not just a “SPIRIT”. – The Spiritual Body of Christ is the Holy “GHOST”, not the Holy “SPIRIT”. - There is a Holy Spirit, and that’s God, God is Spirit. God is a Holy Spirit / the Holy Spirit. – God gave his Son, Jesus Christ a Spiritual Body / the Holy Ghost. ---- John 14:16-18 KJV – “I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that “he” may abide with you for ever. --------------. 18- I will not leave you comfortless: - (I WILL COME) - to you”. – That’s what GOD SAID.

The word “GHOST”, as is referred to in the Scriptures, is the only TRUE reference to a Ghost of any kind. - I said “TRUE REFERENCE”. – The spooks or haunting stories are just LIES as are the gain seeking LIARS who tell them. - If you believe them or maybe some of them, you have just blasphemed GOD. - But have it your way.
Christ’s GHOST refers directly to Christ’s SPIRITUAL BODY, The Body of Christ / the Church, not his THOUGHTS / SPIRIT. - Christ’s thoughts are the Father’s or God’s thoughts, and not a body or ghost. --- What belongs to Christ also belong to the Father or God also; - therefore, it too, is God’s Ghost, being the Holy Ghost.

Just because it does say GHOST, doesn’t mean that it has anything to do with the kind of spooks that are taught, haunting houses.
David had a similar comforter in his old age to keep him warm. (AAAHHH, get your minds out of the gutter). It’s true!
Jesus had a comforter; - his sister and spouse. However, none of you can accept God saying it, because you all keep your minds in the gutter. - However, you churches, - do something with these! - Solomon’s prophesy of the Lord and his Bride, his spouse, while he walked the earth. ---- Song of Solomon 4:9-10 KJV - Thou hast ravished my heart, MY SISTER, MY SPOUSE; thou hast ravished my heart with one of thine eyes, with ONE CHAIN of thy neck. 10- How fair is thy love, MY SISTER, MY SPOUSE! how much better is thy love than wine! and THE SMELL OF THINE OINTMENTS than all spices”! -- & -- Christ’s Comforter (Spouse), before his death, -- Song of Solomon 2:6 KJV - “His left hand IS UNDER MY HEAD, and his RIGHT HAND DOTH embrace me”. --- Christ’s Comforter (Spouse), after his death, -- Song of Solomon 8:3 KJV – “His left hand SHOULD BE UNDER MY HEAD , and HIS RIGHT HAND SHOULD EMBRACE ME”. However, she went with him, Guess where! – Christ’s Comforter (Spouse), says to Christ, - Song of Solomon 2:10 KJV - MY BELOVED SPAKE, AND SAID UNTO ME, “Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away”. Guess what else she is! --- Song of Solomon 8:8-10 KJV – “We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts: what shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for? 9- If she BE A WALL, we will build upon her a palace of silver: and IF SHE BE A DOOR, WE WILL INCLOSE HER WITH BOARDS OF CEDAR. 10- I AM A WALL, and my breasts like towers: THEN WAS I IN HIS EYES AS ONE THAT FOUND FAVOUR”. ---- That’s the Church, the house of Christ. The wall is built upon the foundations of the Apostles, and Christ is the ROCK the foundations are founded on. The Church is the Bride of Christ, the Lord’s BODY, the Body of Christ. She is my mother and COMFORTER, the Spirit of TRUTH the Holy Ghost. – I am in them, and they are in me. – Galatians 4:26 KJV – “Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all”.

There is only one Ghost of any kind anywhere other than what may be said to be the “Unholy Ghost”, or the Body of Satan / the house, / family / children of Satan. – A Biblical ghost must start with, and be formed from and after the death of a person, that is supplying a physical body for the spiritual body, or ghost. The Wife of the Lord is the Body of Christ, and she had to die in order to become the Body, or Church of the Lord (A real person who has died), and Christ is the HEAD of his Wife, the Spiritual Body / the Holy Ghost / the Comforter and Spirit of Truth.

If you cannot see the Truth I’m using in this, you haven’t studied enough to teach either. I am using much Scripture in explaining Ghost. This is derived from mainly the “Spirit of the Word”, not the letter of the Word that none of you can receive. – 1 Corinthians 2:14-15 KJV – “The natural man RECEIVETH NOT THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT of God: for they are foolishness unto him: NEITHER CAN HE KNOW THEM, because they are spiritually discerned. 15- But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man”.

I can sit down and write one also! – Luke 21:15 KJV – “I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist”. – “Resist” means you can’t do anything with it. The gates of hell CANNOT prevail against IT - Prove me wrong!

Paul – 060710

Last edited:

gamera

You do realize the the KJV use of "Ghost" merely meant "spirit" in early modern English, from the OE "gast" which meant "spirit" (It's what the Beowulf poet calls Grendel).

It didnt mean "ghost" in the modern sense.

You do realize that, don't you?

Letsargue

You do realize the the KJV use of "Ghost" merely meant "spirit" in early modern English, from the OE "gast" which meant "spirit" (It's what the Beowulf poet calls Grendel).

It didnt mean "ghost" in the modern sense.

You do realize that, don't you?

Why YES! - I understand that none of the Lost will take what GOD SAID. - They all must change it to fIt their faithless doctrines. I just believe what God and Christ DID SAY in the WORD OF GOD. I think GOD calls that "FAITH". - Do you have any?

Paul -- 060910

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your Christian Life / Eternal Life is founded on whether or not you’ve been baptized of the Holy Ghost. - Most of you deny the Holy Ghost, calling him just “Spirit”. - Ghost / the Holy Ghost refers to a Spiritual “BODY”, not just a “SPIRIT”. – The Spiritual Body of Christ is the Holy “GHOST”, not the Holy “SPIRIT”. - There is a Holy Spirit, and that’s God, God is Spirit. God is a Holy Spirit / the Holy Spirit. – God gave his Son, Jesus Christ a Spiritual Body / the Holy Ghost. ---- John 14:16-18 KJV – “I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that “he” may abide with you for ever. --------------. 18- I will not leave you comfortless: - (I WILL COME) - to you”. – That’s what GOD SAID.
Please provide the underlying exegesis to support these bizarre distinctions between Spirit and Ghost. A rudimentary knowledge of the original language of the text would be needed to support your claims. That said, this same knowledge would give you great pause in what you have asserted above.

Are you a KJVOnlyist who rejects anything other than the English translation of Scripture?

What does this mean:

God gave his Son, Jesus Christ a Spiritual Body / the Holy Ghost.

Are you speaking of the incarnation?
The existence of God the Son in eternity before the incarnation?

AMR

Letsargue

Please provide the underlying exegesis to support these bizarre distinctions between Spirit and Ghost. A rudimentary knowledge of the original language of the text would be needed to support your claims. That said, this same knowledge would give you great pause in what you have asserted above.

Are you a KJVOnlyist who rejects anything other than the English translation of Scripture?

What does this mean:

AMR

Read the Scriptures for yourself, there in there; you're the wise MAN.

You can't find a single contradiction in what I've written, or you would have already showed you donkey. but that isn't enough for you unlearned faithless so called "Christians". - Still you cannot ASK what you want, You just demand! - You read the Book for a change and not your cursed Commentairies.

Paul -- 061010

Letsargue

What does this mean:

AMR

The Church / the Body of Christ is HIM / the Holy Ghost. That’s who the Holy Ghost is, it is the BODY OF CHRIST, (HIM) - because that’s what CHRIST SAID!
John 14:18 KJV – “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you”. -- Christ said that –( HE WOULD COME TO US as the Holy Ghost )-! -- The Body of Christ / The Church is the Christian's Comforter. - Not yours, that's for sure, you have denied him. and slam me. Read the Book.

Paul – 061010

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please answer the direct question asked here:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2353781&postcount=4

You have drawn a distinction between "Ghost" and "Spirit" when referring to the third person of the Trinity that I believe is unsupportable from a proper reading of Scripture. Show us, from an interpretation of the passages from Scripture, how you maintain this distinction. Merely quoting Scripture back to the reader, using font embellishments, such as boldface, italics, underlining, etc., from a particular translation is not going to be sufficient.

You seem to think that passing Scripture quotes back and forth comprises discussion. That won't do.

AMR

Aimiel

Answer: It is only the King James Version of the Bible which uses the term “Holy Ghost.” It occurs 90 times in the KJV. The term “Holy Spirit” occurs 7 times in the KJV. There is no clear reason as to why the KJV translators used Ghost in most places and then Spirit in a few. The exact same Greek and Hebrew words are translated "ghost" and "spirit" in the KJV in different occurrences of the words. By "ghost," the KJV translators did not intend to communicate the idea of "the spirit of a deceased person." In 1611, when the KJV was originally translated, the word "ghost" primarily referred to "an immaterial being." -- SOURCE ARTICLE

Furthermore, The Christ Who lives in me didn't have a spouse, as you espouse, but was single His whole life. Please get some help with your studies. You're flunking, and you haven't even passed a primary level of understanding yet. You've been proven wrong, repeatedly, and have no interest in the truth.

Also, perhaps most importantly, since you'll ignore everything else I've said anyway, since you know everything already: you need to apologize to Ask Mr. Religion for calling him a donkey. He's stubborn, but doesn't need to be called names, without provocation. Actually he doesn't need to be called names for any reason, since he's Christian, and you're obviously a cult-leader of a cult of one. :squint:

Letsargue

You have drawn a distinction between "Ghost" and "Spirit" when referring to the third person of the Trinity that I believe is unsupportable from a proper reading of Scripture. Show us, from an interpretation of the passages from Scripture, how you maintain this distinction. Merely quoting Scripture back to the reader, using font embellishments, such as boldface, italics, underlining, etc., from a particular translation is not going to be sufficient.

You seem to think that passing Scripture quotes back and forth comprises discussion. That won't do.

AMR

1 John 5:7-8 KJV - For there are THREE THAT BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN, THE FATHER, THE WORD, AND THE –(HOLY GHOST): and {these three} are one. 8- And THERE ARE THREE THAT BEAR WITNESS IN EARTH, THE ---(SPIRIT)--- , AND THE WATER , AND THE BLOOD: and {these three} agree in one.
Change it if you must, or deny that IT SAYS THAT!! -- Sorry, I JUST GO BY what GOD SAID.

Paul – 061110

Letsargue

Letsargue and AMR go camping...

You cut me deep, Letsargue

But seriously, AMR is no donkey... play nice!

Sorry Sir, - but I'm not all the things these people call me either. - I really try to hold back, but from where I'm sitting, I'm the one who is constantly being proveked. I'm Kind to those who are kind to me, I just return a little of what I receive. I didn't do that even with Koban.
Peace.

Paul -- 061110

Letsargue

Answer: It is only the King James Version of the Bible which uses the term “Holy Ghost.” It occurs 90 times in the KJV. The term “Holy Spirit” occurs 7 times in the KJV. There is no clear reason as to why the KJV translators used Ghost in most places and then Spirit in a few. The exact same Greek and Hebrew words are translated "ghost" and "spirit" in the KJV in different occurrences of the words. By "ghost," the KJV translators did not intend to communicate the idea of "the spirit of a deceased person." In 1611, when the KJV was originally translated, the word "ghost" primarily referred to "an immaterial being." -- SOURCE ARTICLE

Furthermore, The Christ Who lives in me didn't have a spouse, as you espouse, but was single His whole life. Please get some help with your studies. You're flunking, and you haven't even passed a primary level of understanding yet. You've been proven wrong, repeatedly, and have no interest in the truth.

Also, perhaps most importantly, since you'll ignore everything else I've said anyway, since you know everything already: you need to apologize to Ask Mr. Religion for calling him a donkey. He's stubborn, but doesn't need to be called names, without provocation. Actually he doesn't need to be called names for any reason, since he's Christian, and you're obviously a cult-leader of a cult of one. :squint:

That's a little one sided, don't you think? The name calling that is?

The translation of the Scriptures was not done, Word for Word. -- Whole conversations sometimes must be used to translate a single word in some languages. There is no way anyone can say what you just did say and be correct about the translating of any language. What in the World are some of you thinking about? - Maybe just winning an argument, not caring what really took place in translating the Scriptures.. – You’re free to use any version any of you chooses,-- AND SO AM I!!

Paul – 061110

Letsargue

Concerning the Lord’s spouse / wife: - Jesus does have a Wife, he chose her from somewhere, as someone, and we do know her. You just deny her, and that makes Jesus real happy.

Jesus had a half sister named Mary Magdalene, the daughter of Simon Peter, and sister of all Jesus’ brothers and other sister Martha. They all were the children of Simon Peter and lived in Peters House that was attached to the Synagogue Peter was in charge of. That’s where the Lord’s Supper was held, in the upper room above Peter’s house.
Luke 7:39-40 KJV - "Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, HE SPAKE WITHIN HIMSELF, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner. 40 And Jesus answering said unto him, --(SIMON)--, I have somewhat to say unto thee”.

Mary Magdalene knew that Jesus was the Messiah, as soon as she washed Jesus’ feet with her tears and dried them with her hair; in Simon’s house. – John 12:3 KJV -- & -- John 11:2 KJV –

I gave you ample Scriptures from the Song of Solomon to prove what I said is true. I can’t help that you cannot believe that those are about Jesus and Mary. That’s too bad.

Paul – 061110

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

AMR

1 John 5:7-8 KJV - For there are THREE THAT BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN, THE FATHER, THE WORD, AND THE –(HOLY GHOST): and {these three} are one. 8- And THERE ARE THREE THAT BEAR WITNESS IN EARTH, THE ---(SPIRIT)--- , AND THE WATER , AND THE BLOOD: and {these three} agree in one.
Change it if you must, or deny that IT SAYS THAT!! -- Sorry, I JUST GO BY what GOD SAID.

Paul – 061110
Sigh. Guess I am wasting my time with the man who is unable to carefully read simple questions posed. LA is blogging and not really interested in serious discourse. So be it.

AMR

Letsargue

Sigh. Guess I am wasting my time with the man who is unable to carefully read simple questions posed. LA is blogging and not really interested in serious discourse. So be it.

AMR

I'm just doing what God and Christ said do. "Preach the Word". And that "All Scripture is given to correct foolish people that just won't believe what God said".

Paul -- 061310

Letsargue

Your god may have said that, but The One True God didn't. :duh:

Yes he did! - You just can't hear Him.

2 Timothy 3:16 KJV – “All scripture IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, FOR CORRECTION, FOR INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS”.

A man of God is perfect according to GOD. - Imperfections in a any man needs correction by the rod and staff of God / the Word of God / the Scriptures. - That’s what the Scriptures are given for. ------- NO! – Not for you, NO, NO. - Never for the wise, and the just, and the good, and the “know” what Truth is crowd; - NO, NO. - God wasted his time GIVING the Scriptures to correct fools; – you’re right. – However, it takes the Scriptures to correct a “FOOL” from the error of his ways. – Throw away the Gospel – YES! – Very wise!

Paul – 061410

Aimiel

Instruction is good, but not correction of someone who walks in The Spirit. Your words don't line up with The Word of God, but are in need of correction and instruction. You have need of milk, and aren't ready for meat.

Letsargue

Instruction is good, but not correction of someone who walks in The Spirit. Your words don't line up with The Word of God, but are in need of correction and instruction. You have need of milk, and aren't ready for meat.

Well, maybe your wisdom and knowledge of God can instruct me in the right path which is the Word of God that I speak, and you deny.

Please show me the right words to believe and teach, that you have found in the Scriptures, if I'm in error.

If you can do a better job of teaching the "SECRET THINGS" of God, LET'S SEE IT.

Paul -- 061410

Status
Not open for further replies.