Where did God come from?

Silent Hunter

Genesis 1:1
Romans 1
Psalm 19
Psalm 14:1
Jn. 3:16
Jn. 1:1-14
LOL. Quotes from the Bible are no more proof of the Christian god than quotes from Bulfinch's Mythology are proof of flying pink unicorns.

The burden of proof is on you to prove that He does not exist.
I am under no obligation to prove a negative.

(Reminder to self; when cornered Christians resort to shifting the burden of proof.)

There is no coherent explanation for reality apart from a personal God.
Incorrect. A "personal god" is one of an almost infinite number of explanations of reality.

Is matter eternal in your view? Where did it come from?
Don't know... Don't care. I've been told matter can neither be created nor destroyed... Is matter "god" since they both appear to have similar attributes?

God is uncreated. He is unique. He is the first cause. I don't know how He has always existed, but it blows my mind and leads me to love and worship Him.
"Dear hearts there are many testimonials." - "Brother" Dave Garner

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You are either, 1) unwilling to answer my last post; or 2) incapable of answering my last post. Which is it?

(Reminder to self; when cornered Christians resort to name calling.)

You are smug, not hungry or thirsty. Pearls before swine ring a bell?

What is your explanation for things? If you don't have one, you should not mock those who do.

Letsargue

LOL. Quotes from the Bible are no more proof of the Christian god than quotes from Bulfinch's Mythology are proof of flying pink unicorns.

Would you agree with this statement:

"Everything that is had a beginning?"

When was 4+4 not 8. when did that begin.
Peace.

Paul -- 101209

Silent Hunter

You are smug, not hungry or thirsty. Pearls before swine ring a bell?
It has nothing at all to do with being smug. But, hey, leave it to a Christian to cast stones.

What is your explanation for things?
Irrelevant.

If you don't have one, you should not mock those who do.
I don't reach into a sack and grab the first apple I touch. God is no more the answer to "Life, the Universe, and Everything" than any other explanation. If you want to waste your time on "god" be my guest.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
God is a reasonable explanation for what we experience

a rational person wants an explanation for everything and if it is not provided, it will have to be generated

Silent Hunter

God is a reasonable explanation for what we experience.
God is "an" explanation for reality. As for if god is a "reasonable" explanation I think the jury is still in deliberation.

a rational person wants an explanation for everything and if it is not provided, it will have to be generated
Really?

The universe exists.

I accept that it exists without any further explanation.

Does that make me irrational?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
God is "an" explanation for reality. As for if god is a "reasonable" explanation I think the jury is still in deliberation.

Really?

The universe exists.

I accept that it exists without any further explanation.

Does that make me irrational?

yes

Letsargue

Ok, I give up. What's your point? 4+4=8 therefore god exists?

AGAIN, would you agree with this statement:

Please, I’m not trying to be smart, but if we are speaking loosely, sure, school ends, my life will end, and so on.

2+2=4 is just saying, Precept. The 4 is the precept of 2+2.

However, actually there has be an absolute of anything. And there cannot be an absolute starting. There must be an absolutely something, always. There cannot be NOTHING of any-understanding of time. Emptiness, distance, width, length, height, breadth, darkness, cold. Those things cannot exist without cause, and if they are caused, then it’s just as easy to cause it all.
All this is like saying that the Universe? - That the Universe does not have an exact center or an exact balance point. Also, if it does exist, there must be a circumference or a radius, and have an exact weight. And there cannot be any more than always or less. There must be at all times ALL THAT THERE CAN BE. How can it begin, or how can it end? It just is and has always was.

Paul – 101309

Silent Hunter

Please, I’m not trying to be smart, but if we are speaking loosely, sure, school ends, my life will end, and so on.

2+2=4 is just saying, Precept. The 4 is the precept of 2+2.

However, actually there has be an absolute of anything. And there must be an absolute starting. There must be absolutely something, always. There cannot be NOTHING of any understanding of time. Emptiness, distance, width, length, height, breadth, darkness, cold. Those things cannot exist without cause, and if they are caused, then it’s just as easy to cause it all.
All this is like saying that the Universe? - That the Universe does not have an exact center or an exact balance point. Also, if it does exist, there must be a circumference or a radius, and have an exact weight. And there cannot be any more than always or less. There must be at all times ALL THAT THERE CAN BE. How can it begin, or how can it end? It just is and has always was.

Paul – 101309
You are avoiding the question and doing everything you can to keep from answering the question...

Letsargue

You are avoiding the question and doing everything you can to keep from answering the question...

NO! - If it exists, it could not have had a beginning. It must had to have always been. Things can only change, not start nor end. I Thought I had said something like that already; Sorry.

Paul – 101309

Aimiel

NO! - If it exists, it could not have had a beginning. It must had to have always been. Things can only change, not start nor end.
God said, "In the beginning..." He didn't say, "After a long time..." He created the beginning, to begin with. He created everything there is out of absolutely nothing, with just His Word.

Letsargue

God said, "In the beginning..." He didn't say, "After a long time..." He created the beginning, to begin with. He created everything there is out of absolutely nothing, with just His Word.

OOOHHH MMYyyy:

You guys.
You forgot God, Jesus said, “Before the world was, I am”. The word was with God in the beginning. God was by himself before the beginning. God just started to speak in the beginning and the speaking created and - "began" - all things. But before God spoke there was nothing but God in his rest / sleep, and dreamed a dream. – If you weren’t there how do you know? You didn’t even read what you said there. How do you know I wasn’t there in and before the beginning? Guess?
Peace.

Paul – 101309