• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Letsargue View Post
    OOOHHH MMYyyy:

You guys.
    You forgot God, Jesus said, “Before the world was, I am”. The word was with God in the beginning. God was by himself before the beginning. God just started to speak in the beginning and the speaking created and - "began" - all things. But before God spoke there was nothing but God in his rest / sleep, and dreamed a dream. – If you weren’t there how do you know? You didn’t even read what you said there. How do you know I wasn’t there in and before the beginning? Guess?
    Peace.

Paul – 101309
    Interesting hypothesis. Now prove that you and the Christian god were there together in the "beginning" and you've made your case.

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
    God said, "In the beginning..." He didn't say, "After a long time..." He created the beginning, to begin with. He created everything there is out of absolutely nothing, with just His Word.
    Quotes from the Bible are not proof of the existence of the Christian god.

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    NO! - If it exists, it could not have had a beginning. It must had to have always been. Things can only change, not start nor end. I Thought I had said something like that already; Sorry.

Paul – 101309
    You exist so therefore you had no beginning. Interesting. I think you are simply avoiding the question to keep from defending the obvious conclusion.

If you agree with, "Everything that is had a beginning," you are stuck with trying to explain the beginning of god. What a conundrum!
    Last edited by Silent Hunter; October 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
    part of the definition of god is that which is not caused
    Science is beginning to notice the same thing about the universe... it exists without a cause.

to accept the existence of something without wondering what may have caused it is irrational
    To not hold your "god" to the same standard you apply to everything else is not only irrational it is insane.

Leave a comment:

• Aimiel
    replied
    So you DON'T believe that everything existed eternally now?

Leave a comment:

• Letsargue
    replied
    Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
    God said, "In the beginning..." He didn't say, "After a long time..." He created the beginning, to begin with. He created everything there is out of absolutely nothing, with just His Word.

OOOHHH MMYyyy:

You guys.
    You forgot God, Jesus said, “Before the world was, I am”. The word was with God in the beginning. God was by himself before the beginning. God just started to speak in the beginning and the speaking created and - "began" - all things. But before God spoke there was nothing but God in his rest / sleep, and dreamed a dream. – If you weren’t there how do you know? You didn’t even read what you said there. How do you know I wasn’t there in and before the beginning? Guess?
    Peace.

Paul – 101309

Leave a comment:

• Aimiel
    replied
    NO! - If it exists, it could not have had a beginning. It must had to have always been. Things can only change, not start nor end.

Leave a comment:

• Letsargue
    replied
    Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
    You are avoiding the question and doing everything you can to keep from answering the question...

AGAIN, would you agree with this statement:

"Everything that is had a beginning?"

NO! - If it exists, it could not have had a beginning. It must had to have always been. Things can only change, not start nor end. I Thought I had said something like that already; Sorry.

Paul – 101309

Leave a comment:

• chrysostom
    replied
    Says who? You? ...this from a person who accepts the existence of god without wondering what may have caused "it."
    part of the definition of god is that which is not caused

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    to accept the existence of something without wondering what may have caused it is irrational
    Says who? You? ...this from a person who accepts the existence of god without wondering what may have caused "it."

Leave a comment:

• chrysostom
    replied
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    Please, I’m not trying to be smart, but if we are speaking loosely, sure, school ends, my life will end, and so on.

2+2=4 is just saying, Precept. The 4 is the precept of 2+2.

However, actually there has be an absolute of anything. And there must be an absolute starting. There must be absolutely something, always. There cannot be NOTHING of any understanding of time. Emptiness, distance, width, length, height, breadth, darkness, cold. Those things cannot exist without cause, and if they are caused, then it’s just as easy to cause it all.
    All this is like saying that the Universe? - That the Universe does not have an exact center or an exact balance point. Also, if it does exist, there must be a circumference or a radius, and have an exact weight. And there cannot be any more than always or less. There must be at all times ALL THAT THERE CAN BE. How can it begin, or how can it end? It just is and has always was.

Paul – 101309
    You are avoiding the question and doing everything you can to keep from answering the question...

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    yes
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• Letsargue
    replied
    Ok, I give up. What's your point? 4+4=8 therefore god exists?

Please, I’m not trying to be smart, but if we are speaking loosely, sure, school ends, my life will end, and so on.

2+2=4 is just saying, Precept. The 4 is the precept of 2+2.

However, actually there has be an absolute of anything. And there cannot be an absolute starting. There must be an absolutely something, always. There cannot be NOTHING of any-understanding of time. Emptiness, distance, width, length, height, breadth, darkness, cold. Those things cannot exist without cause, and if they are caused, then it’s just as easy to cause it all.
    All this is like saying that the Universe? - That the Universe does not have an exact center or an exact balance point. Also, if it does exist, there must be a circumference or a radius, and have an exact weight. And there cannot be any more than always or less. There must be at all times ALL THAT THERE CAN BE. How can it begin, or how can it end? It just is and has always was.

Paul – 101309

Leave a comment:

• chrysostom
    replied
    God is "an" explanation for reality. As for if god is a "reasonable" explanation I think the jury is still in deliberation.

Really?

The universe exists.

I accept that it exists without any further explanation.

Does that make me irrational?
    yes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X