X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Reign
    replied
    Originally posted by Ktoyou View Post
    Do not monkey around with God's immutability.

As Jesus taught us, "thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven..."
    K, my (deliberately enigmatic) statement was intended as a statement about human nature, not about God's nature. The fact is that whatever God's nature truly is, to us, it is nothing unless someone somewhere makes a statement about it that can be assessed or responded to in some way. To say that God is immutable is meaningless unless you can also say what particular attributes of God are immutable. If human beings remain roughly what they have been for the last 2000 years, then it's a fair bet that things we say about God will remain the same...

I'm only pleading for greater depth of thought and for us all to move out of our pre-programmed beliefs and culture. We are unlikely in my view to really know God, whether immutable or not, if we choose to know nothing other than the same old self-contradictory Sunday school drivel.

Leave a comment:

• Desert Reign
    replied
    Originally posted by freelight View Post
    Even beyond the context of 'God' as Creator/Causer.....there is 'God' in His primal Being, A-causal in nature, wherein all 'causes' and 'effects' appear to arise in the phenomenal world, the expanse of Creation (space/time play). 'God' is the primal Source-Condition of all existence, no matter its form or consistency, invisible or visible....as these are but modifications of primal energy and consciousness, appearing in their various forms.
    pj
    Causes and effects are not real things in themselves. This is why the assertion that God is an uncaused causer is meaningless. Causes and effects are the way we ourselves organise the world around us. Take my cat for example. Having studied her for a while, I am fairly convinced that she does not analyse events into causes and effects. But I am equally convinced that she does organise events into categories. So 'things that move on their own and are about so big are tasty.' It is possible to organise the world in other ways than cause and effect. Quantum dynamics suggests that causes are not absolute things either. The beauty of the world is what the world makes of itself and, likewise, the ugliness of it. When it comes to taking a moral position, then I cannot say better than Jesus: he is the way, the truth and the life. I know he existed and died and rose from the dead and is alive now and I know that the world makes sense with him in it. But beyond him I only see darkly. I know that the world needs to make sense of itself and the particular sense that Jesus makes of it cannot be bettered.

Leave a comment:

• Ktoyou
    replied
    Originally posted by Desert Reign View Post
    As long as people remain the same, God will remain the same.
    Do not monkey around with God's immutability.

As Jesus taught us, "thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven..."

Leave a comment:

• Aimiel
    replied
    Freelight,

Claiming half-truth doesn't make it into Eternal Truth no matter how many times you say it or put make-up on it. God isn't an axe-murderer or the accuser of the bretheren. He is Holy. Simply because He made this universe and the beings that inhabit it doesn't mean that any and every being is some facet of His Character or a tiny slice of Him. We are responsible for our sin, not God. You are responsible for your sins, and will have to pay for them for eternity, except you repent.

Leave a comment:

• freelight
    replied
    Originally posted by Desert Reign View Post

The question 'Where did God come from?' is a useless question, matched for uselessness only by the assertion that God is the uncaused causer.
    Even beyond the context of 'God' as Creator/Causer.....there is 'God' in His primal Being, A-causal in nature, wherein all 'causes' and 'effects' appear to arise in the phenomenal world, the expanse of Creation (space/time play). 'God' is the primal Source-Condition of all existence, no matter its form or consistency, invisible or visible....as these are but modifications of primal energy and consciousness, appearing in their various forms.

pj

Leave a comment:

• Aimiel
    replied
    Thank you.

I imagine that some people were baptized in pickle juice. Oi vey.

Leave a comment:

• Desert Reign
    replied
    Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
    Moses got Him at a garage sale. It was a buy-one-get-two-free special.
    Very funny.

Leave a comment:

• Aimiel
    replied
    Moses got Him at a garage sale. It was a buy-one-get-two-free special.

Leave a comment:

• Desert Reign
    replied
    As long as people remain the same, God will remain the same.

Leave a comment:

• Ktoyou
    replied
    First grade response is best here.

"He always was, always will be and always remains the same."

Leave a comment:

• Desert Reign
    replied
    The question 'Where did God come from?' is a useless question, matched for uselessness only by the assertion that God is the uncaused causer.

Leave a comment:

• Aimiel
    replied
    Eternal energy?

Leave a comment:

• freelight
    replied
    Eternal Energy

Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post

Everything that exists has always existed and will always exist given that matter and energy are interchangable and the hypothesis is yet to be falsified that matter can neither be created or destroyed.

Indeed,.....the quanta or essence of Energy itself, is "eternal", it bearing its own innate quality of life-potential and consciousness. This 'eternal energy' is neither created, nor destroyable....but only transformable as we've agreed. We equate this Original Energy as 'God'...for all that exists is born or formed out of 'this', in its various consistencies, densities, levels of complexity and sophistication...from the tiniest atoms, forming up thru the mineral, plant, animal, man, angel, and higher Deity levels of Existence...these being the heirarchal kingdoms of life-progression, on a cosmic scale.

Let us meditate upon this 'eternal energy' that is Now resonating within every atom. - it pervades our entire being and the cosmos! - spirit, soul, and body,...this 'God-energy' is all-pervading. 'God' from this entity's perspective is Life, Light, Spirit, Energy, Consciousness,....Infinite Intelligence....the living Source of all and everything. In a personal/archetypal sense...this Supernal Intelligence serves as Creator[Brahma], Maintainer[Vishnu], and Transformer[Shiva].

Its all 'God' (eternal energy and consciousness) in living translation and transformation of ItSelf,...since 'God' is the One and Only Universal MIND, Intelligent Energy, Spirit-Life...extending every form of the purest simplicity to the highest complexity and ever evolving Infinitely.

pj

Leave a comment:

• Letsargue
    replied
    Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
    The "user cp" is located at the top left corner of the page under the TOL logo.

Also you don't need to date your posts (Paul --101709); it's done automatically at the right of your user name.

Thank you!

I know the date part, but I just do it for instant see, no matter where the post ends up.

I've got to get the move on and take another mug shot soon. Good day to you.
    Peace.

Paul --101809

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Letsargue View Post
    Y-E-S! -- I got it, if I can find it after a while. Thank you!
    I wasn't very blessed about stuff like that.
    My wife laughs at me when I tie my shoes.
    Peace.

Paul --101709
    The "user cp" is located at the top left corner of the page under the TOL logo.

Also you don't need to date your posts (Paul --101709); it's done automatically at the right of your user name.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X