Attn: godrulz, AMR and Sozo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
William, you are demon possessed.

My wife thinks you are mentally disturbed, but does love your family and Christmas decorations (I love you and yours..see you in heaven...I'm going to obey you, guru, and jump in front of a train).

Would you believe it is going to be minus 39 degrees farenheit in Edmonton tonight? I am working outside, so I will probably die as a popsicle. Nice knowing you all...see you in the BBQ in the sky.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So, next time you make a statement like 'faith is not belief', tell us that you are narrowly defining things and qualify your statement (or we will have a stupid sozo argument because he means something by the same words than the rest of us do).
It's not my fault you're too absent minded to remember what I've said a million times before.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
notitia, assensus, fiducia!

(Latin Reformers).

Do you know Latin? I do not.
I left these Latin expressions out of my treatment on saving faith. Few care about the Latin nowadays.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I left these Latin expressions out of my treatment on saving faith. Few care about the Latin nowadays.

How else are we supposed to show off and impress people at cocktail parties?

I have a Latin book from a garage sale. I am studying Koine Greek (took 1 year before) and French (took about 5 years before). I think it is more practical than Latin.

elected4ever

I'm trying desperately hard to understand you. I really am. I've read this post dozens of times since last night.

I agree that we are not under the law. I agree that we are saved by grace through faith alone.

Am I understanding you (in all of the dialog with me, not just this post, necessarily) that while works are not required for salvation, Christians will do good works, because they are Christians?
The works of faith accompany faith. One does not exist without the other. A preacher is a preacher by a gift of faith. If a person says they are a preacher and does not preach then the faith that one believes is a dead faith. If a person says that He has faith that Jesus forgave all his sins and each day confesses that he is a sinner then the faith that he says he has is a dead faith because he really does not believe that Jesus forgave all his sin. Your work demonstrates the faith. Faith produces the work. Work does not produce the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.