Battle Royale Rules

Evangelion

Jay, you're a plagiarist - pure and simple. You tried to pass someone else's work off as your own. That's dishonest, even if you can't bring yourself to admit that it's plagiarism. :down:

It would have taken no effort at all to quote White in the proper manner, but this was never your intention. You wanted to be "seen of men." That's called "pride" - a typical human failing, and one for which Christ condemned the Pharisees. :down:

Your plagiarism is particularly frustrating to those of us (such as myself) with a high level of education. I do not take kindly to dwarves who stand on the shoulders of giants and pretend to be giants themselves. I worked hard for the education that I have, and I see no reason why plagiarists should be treated lightly. If you think that "posting doesn't count", then we can all abandon any thought of a legitimate series of debates at TOL. Heck, I might as well start plagiarising right now. Yeah, that's it. I'll plagiarise your own Website, Jay - and if you complain, I'll tell you that it doesn't count because I haven't published anything.

Pathetic. :rolleyes: :down:

Freak

Evangelion, I have caught you a few times failing to cite all the sources that you use. I have cited my sources (when using quotes, etc) and will continue to do so.

D.A. Carson, Dr. J White, Augustine, etc are teachers who have taught theological concepts/ideas that are nothing new, perhaps packaged differently, etc but nothing new. I may package them alittle differently myself. These ideas are true ideas that were expressed with the intent not to be published but to be discussed and I have sought to cite their sources (which I have done). No big deal...

You are hypocrite of the worse kind...

Look at my thread I created just for you asking some pointed questions about the concepts/quotes you often use on TOL?

Last edited:

Evangelion

ROTFL... As previously noted, you're all hot air and no argument. You are lying when you accuse me of plagiarism and "borrowing." I've challenge you to prove it, and you've taken shelter in loose generalisations. Meanwhile, I accused you of plagiarism and proved it beyond any shadow of a doubt.

That's the bottom line.

Freak

The bottom line is this...I have cited my sources....and will continue to do so....this was a formal debate in which I would acknowledge all my sources at the end....

You are on the other hand have chosen to ignore the fact you borrow from John Thomas (the founder of your cult) without even acknowledging him...

ROTL ROTL>>>>

drdeutsch

this was a formal debate in which I would acknowledge all my sources at the end....

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Why wait until the end? If I'm going to be reading someone else's work, I want to know about it immediately prior to or following their work. You suddenly decide (I don't remember it being brought up earlier) that you're going to wait until after the 10th round to give credit where credit is due? That's fine if you want to use endnotes in a formal paper, but when you're making several separate posts, an in-text citation is the preferred method.

God bless,
Dr. Deutsch

me again

Noticeable Change in Tempo

Noticeable Change in Tempo

Snip...

I suddenly realised why Jay's latest set of rebuttals were so cogent.
Yes, I noticed that too. Suddenly, materials were properly referenced and there were no grammatical mistakes.

It was very noticeable because Freak's predictable tempo was abruptly halted and was replaced with cogent writings.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Flipper

Nice horseshoe hidden in your boxing glove there, Jay. You're boxing with the heavy-hitters.

Apparently, we may have yet another Christian who thinks stealing is okay when its someone else's written material (are you reading this, Matt?). What is with you guys?

I guess that's another name I can add to my list of the dysfunctional moral absolutists who apparently think that redemption gives them a carte blanche.

I have always cited my sources and will formally during the debate... this was a formal debate in which I would acknowledge all my sources at the end

Riiight. "I was only borrowing the TV. I was going to put it back at the end of the night I promise, officer."

What formal debate rules were you following, Jay?

P

Pilgrimagain

Jay obvioulsy plagerized on this one. He did not cite Dr. White when pretty much copying him word for word. To deny this is either a mental condition or a lie.

We need honesty here and we need a Moderator to step up to the plate and deal with the issue.

Pilgrim

Freak

Pilgrim,

Thank you for your comments.

I have cited Augustine, Dr. White, and others who I have referred to.

I already apologized for not making it clearer. No big deal. I have made myself very clear now.

If you have more problems then feel free to take some legal action against me, please, I beg of you.

All talk but no action, Pilgrim?

Blah blah blah,....Your yapping is annoying...

P

Pilgrimagain

Jay obvioulsy plagerized on this one. He did not cite Dr. White when pretty much copying him word for word. To deny this is either a mental condition or a lie.

We need honesty here and we need a Moderator to step up to the plate and deal with the issue.

Pilgrim

Freak

Whatever, Pilgrim.

Feel free to take any legal action you believe is needed. My attorneys can be reached on his cell phone at 214-435-9447

All talk? Why not take your time and make some calls....

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey what happened to the "forgive, even without repentance" crowd????

Strange.....

Why is it that the "forgive, even without repentance" crowd will not forgive WITH repentance????? :rolleyes:

Evangelion

Whoever said that we weren't forgiving him? You've become rather soft on sinners all of a sudden, Knight. Any particular reason for that? And what's this "forgive, even without repentance crowd" of which you speak?

Oh, I get it - you're referring to the pseudo-Calvinist, Sola Gratia crowd. The "I don't have to repent in order to be saved" crowd.

Now I understand. :)

Last edited:

me again

Those who have degrees make an interesting observation:

Those who have degrees make an interesting observation:

• Posted by carri
    Plagerism is little more than common thievery.
In academic circles, the educated folks agree with you.

• Posted by Zakath
    I would agree with carri. Plagiarism is theft of another's ideas and lying to pass them off as your own without giving credit to the originator. When I attended college, plagiarism was considered an honor code violation and sufficient grounds for suspension or expulsion, depending upon the circumstances.

I'm not even a believer, but I count two broken commandments there (no matter which way Knight sorts 'em...)
Is there any honor amongst thieves? (no)

• Posted by Jaltus
    At my school, any plagarism calls for expulsion.

Many people do not understand the gravity of lying, stealing or plagiarizing.

• Posted by Freak
    Evangelion:
    [*]I have caught you a few times failing to cite all the sources that you use.
    [*]I have cited my sources (when using quotes, etc) and will continue to do so.
    [*]You are hypocrite of the worse kind...
Wow, three lies in one sentence!!! :eek:

• Posted by drdeutsch
    Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Why wait until the end? If I'm going to be reading someone else's work, I want to know about it immediately prior to or following their work. You suddenly decide that you're going to wait until after the 10th round to give credit where credit is due? That's fine if you want to use endnotes in a formal paper, but when you're making several separate posts, an in-text citation is the preferred method.
If this were a college class, it would result in an automatic "F." But this is just TheologyOnline. ;)

• Posted by Pilgrimagain
No? < eek >

• Freak's Reply to Pilgrimagain
    Snip…
    Blah blah blah,....Your yapping is annoying...

Feel free to take any legal action you believe is needed. My attorneys can be reached on his cell phone at 214-435-9447

All talk? Why not take your time and make some calls....
All of the above posters have a credible analysis of what Freak has done. :eek:

And finally, we have an excellent summary here:
  • Posted by Evangelion
    You're a plagiarist - pure and simple. You tried to pass someone else's work off as your own. That's dishonest, even if you can't bring yourself to admit that it's plagiarism. :down:

It would have taken no effort at all to quote White in the proper manner, but this was never your intention. You wanted to be "seen of men." That's called "pride" - a typical human failing, and one for which Christ condemned the Pharisees. :down:

Your plagiarism is particularly frustrating to those of us with a high level of education. I do not take kindly to dwarves who stand on the shoulders of giants and pretend to be giants themselves. I worked hard for the education that I have, and I see no reason why plagiarists should be treated lightly. If you think that "posting doesn't count," then we can all abandon any thought of a legitimate series of debates at TOL.

Pathetic. :rolleyes: :down:

Last edited:

Evangelion

It was tongue in cheek, Jaltus. ;)

I had in mind the various individuals with whom I have debated baptism during the past year at TOL. OldShepherd is one of them; HopeOfGlory is another... in short, a mixture of Dispys and mainstream evangelicals.

But I'll remove the reference, for your sake. :)

me again

Jaltus,

I think that Evangelion is sarcastically pointing out the fact that some people who claim to be evangelicals will "forgive" or will "cover up" the mistakes of a person like Freak, purely because he claims to be an evangelical.

If Jay Bartlett would simply come forward and admit his mistake (instead of lying, which builds one lie upon another lie to cover up the original lie), then people would instantly forgive him.

However, I have seen Jay, on several occasions, spout a second lie to cover up his first lie. Thus, I view him as a liar. If he only did it once, I would duly note it. But since he does it consistently, he can't be categorized as a member of the Body of Christ. IMHO

I used to consider myself an Evangelical, but after having met a couple of people like Jay Bartlett, I am now wanting to distance myself from them. Jay is not the first liar that I've met who claimed to be an Evangelical.

I honestly believe that Jay Bartlett is spiritually from the devil and that he is a wolf in sheeps clothing. It's a bad fit, at that. :eek:

I can't help what I believe.