Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: What public figure would you like to meet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    What public figure would you like to meet?

    Ben Carson.

    Comment


    • #92
      What public figure would you like to meet?



      Robert Mueller.

      Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

      Comment


      • #93
        Michelle Obama.
        TRUST
        is a fragile thing.

        Easy to break, Easy to lose
        and one of the hardest things to
        ever get back.







        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Christian Liberty View Post
          Ron Paul.
          i really picked Ron Paul of all things? I mean, I'd still love to meet him, but number one?

          Comment


          • #95
            The author Jonathan Cahn.I love to pick his brain about types and shadows, Harbingers, and Paradigm.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Christian Liberty View Post
              i really picked Ron Paul of all things? I mean, I'd still love to meet him, but number one?
              LOL!! I love this post. It is refreshing to see someone do what I do sometimes--have certain things that really turn us on at one time, then realize they aren't so great some years later.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Derf View Post
                LOL!! I love this post. It is refreshing to see someone do what I do sometimes--have certain things that really turn us on at one time, then realize they aren't so great some years later.
                I mean, I'd still say he's about as good as secular politics gets these days (though he was probably closer to my ideals when I wrote that than he is now.) But more... I'd pick any number of theological giants before I'd pick any politician.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Christian Liberty View Post
                  I mean, I'd still say he's about as good as secular politics gets these days (though he was probably closer to my ideals when I wrote that than he is now.) But more... I'd pick any number of theological giants before I'd pick any politician.
                  Curious, why the switch?
                  The state — whatever its particular forms — always expresses itself as a collective form of property ownership. All political systems are socialistic, in that they are premised upon the subservience of individual interests to collective authority. Communism, fascism, lesser forms of state socialism, and welfarism, are all premised upon the state’s usurpation of privately-owned property. Whether one chooses to be aligned with the political "Left," "Right," or "Middle," comes down to nothing more than a preference for a particular franchise of state socialism.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by drbrumley View Post
                    Curious, why the switch?
                    It would take awhile to explain all of the ways I've changed since 2013. Maybe another time. I don't come on here often anymore.

                    Comment


                    • Rob Bell

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by drbrumley View Post
                        Curious, why the switch?
                        Mostly because back in 2013 I was much more into politics than I was into theology. Nowadays I'm far more interested in theology than I am into politics.

                        Furthermore, I am no longer a dogmatic libertarian, my current political ideals are a bit uncertain at the moment (mostly 'cause going through a theological identity crisis, and theology always should drive political theory, so I'll reassess it at some point.)

                        I would continue to say, however, that as far as American politics goes Ron Paul is about as good as it gets. And while I might disagree with him somewhat when it comes to ideal policy at the local level, he is very right that America very badly needs a massive dose of decentralization.

                        Comment


                        • whoa - slow down!

                          let other people post too

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X