toldailytopic: Obamacare is nearing wide-scale implementation. Are you looking forwar

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...loyer-mandate-requirement-until-2015/?print=1

The Obama administration will not penalize businesses that do not provide health insurance in 2014, the Treasury Department announced Tuesday.

Instead, it will delay enforcement of a major Affordable Care Act requirement that all employers with more than 50 employees provide coverage to their workers until 2015.

The administration said it would postpone the provision after hearing significant concerns from employers about the challenges of implementing it.

http://swampland.time.com/2013/07/0...s-healthcare-law-employer-penalty-until-2015/

Republican former Congressional Budget Office director Douglas Holtz-Eakin called the move “deviously brilliant,” by removing a potential electoral impediment from in front of congressional Democrats before the midterms.

“Democrats no longer face the immediate specter of running against the fallout from a heavy regulatory imposition on employers across the land,” Holtz-Eakin wrote. “Explaining away the mandate was going to be a big political lift; having the White House airbrush it from the landscape is way better.”

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-unitedhealth-insure-calif-20130702,0,4370321.story

UnitedHealth to exit individual insurance market in California

The move by UnitedHealth, the nation's largest health insurer, will force about 8,000 customers with individual policies to find new coverage.

The nation's largest health insurer, UnitedHealth Group Inc., is leaving California's individual health insurance market, the second major company to exit in advance of major changes under the Affordable Care Act.

UnitedHealth said it had notified state regulators that it would leave the state's individual market at year-end and force about 8,000 customers to find new coverage. Last month, Aetna Inc., the nation's third-largest health insurer, made a similar move affecting about 50,000 existing policyholders.

You made your bed, now lay in it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/...shatter-backbone-of-middle-class.html/?ref=YF

Unions: Obamacare Will Shatter Backbone of Middle Class

The Affordable Care Act now has a formidable opponent in U.S. labor unions. The unions were a key ally in the law’s passage: They spent a large sum of money on the congressional campaigns of Democrats in 2006 and 2008, and union leaders lobbied in favor of health care reform in 2009 and 2010. But with growing worries that the legislation will disrupt the health benefits of its members, America’s largest unions are asking Congress to step in.

Representatives of three of the nation’s largest unions sent a letter to Democratic Sens. Harry Reid of Nevada and Nancy Pelosi of California on Thursday.

“When you and the President sought our support for the Affordable Care Act, you pledged that if we liked the health plans we have now, we could keep them. Sadly, that promise is under threat,” letter said. “Right now, unless you and the Obama Administration enact an equitable fix, the ACA will shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits, but destroy the foundation of the 40 hour workweek that is the backbone of the American middle class.”

:mock: 'murica

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm poor, and it doesn't please me at all that our government thinks they have the right to force me to purchase a product (health insurance) I cannot afford.
Which will of course, will make me even poorer.

And to top it all off, they are going to deem me a criminal if I don't purchase that product that I cannot afford by sending the IRS after me.

I'm sick and tired of a government that thinks it has the right to steal from me in order to provide me with what they think I need.

Just another liberty lost to Americans.

yeshuaslavejeff

Are you being ongoing blind on purpose ?? (no, I don't think so >> keep searching/reading !!)

Can you read? (YES?!, I think so) ... go get a copy of nutrition, the cancer answer by maureen salamn, and
fifty cases by max grson,
and
over 300 other books describing in detail, known for over 100 years,
what actually causes cancer(always associated with a mineral deficiency) and over 50 known and proven cures for cancer (and other diseases) used for decades world wide successfully and without side effects and with LOW COST!!! (the most common reason you haven't heard or read about it yet)

On the one hand, it will raise costs. On the other hand, it gives a cancer patient treatment that can save his/her life. I will take that trade every time.

yeshuaslavejeff

Yhwh's Shalom in Y'shua Tambora.
I came to this particular thread because I saw you had replied last,
though honestly I don't remember if you're one of the true believers
or one of the others -- -no worries either way, well, maybe -- seek YHWH !!! ALWAYS !!!

YHWH is the refuge and strength of the poor and the destitute (of which I am a member humanly speaking, JOYFULLY IN CHRIST SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING !! )

remember Yhwh's Promises in Scripture. HE IS THE HEALER ! HE IS THE PROVIDER !

all those trusting egypt or america or any fleshly nation, YHWH CURSES(it is HIS DECREE, look it up).

and WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED(HEALED) !!!! YHWH'S DECREE!!! (look it up JOYFULLY !!!!!)

I'm poor, and it doesn't please me at all that our government thinks they have the right to force me to purchase a product (health insurance) I cannot afford.
Which will of course, will make me even poorer.

And to top it all off, they are going to deem me a criminal if I don't purchase that product that I cannot afford by sending the IRS after me.

I'm sick and tired of a government that thinks it has the right to steal from me in order to provide me with what they think I need.

Just another liberty lost to Americans.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yhwh's Shalom in Y'shua Tambora.
I came to this particular thread because I saw you had replied last,
though honestly I don't remember if you're one of the true believers
or one of the others -- -no worries either way, well, maybe -- seek YHWH !!! ALWAYS !!!

YHWH is the refuge and strength of the poor and the destitute (of which I am a member humanly speaking, JOYFULLY IN CHRIST SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING !! )

remember Yhwh's Promises in Scripture. HE IS THE HEALER ! HE IS THE PROVIDER !

all those trusting egypt or america or any fleshly nation, YHWH CURSES(it is HIS DECREE, look it up).

and WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED(HEALED) !!!! YHWH'S DECREE!!! (look it up JOYFULLY !!!!!)

Tambora is most certainly a believer, she hasnt been here in a little while now, she is very missed.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Come on PureX, I have told you before to stop that myth. The insurance companies don't hate Obamacare.

They do, as I told you. "Insurance" is a free market choice. Many chose not to carry it because of unnecessary costs. Obamacare would drive up those costs, bankrupting the insurance industries. You were told this. It is happening.

Health insurer Aetna announced late Monday that it is dropping Obamacare insurance in 69% of the counties and 11 of 15 states where it currently offers plans.

The third largest health insurance company becomes the latest to pull back from the plans offered under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) as it cites heavy losses.​

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
methhealthbills.jpg

I don't agree 100% with Obamacare, but by the same point, when a person goes into a hospital to get an air brace and a pair of crutches for a sprained ankle, and gets a bill in the mail for 3600 dollars, there is a problem.

Jesus healed the sick and disabled- I find it odd that a country full of people who allegedly base their values on Christ don't seem to care one bit about others health.

:plain:

Wick Stick

I'm assuming that I'm going to benefit, since my income in the foreseeable future is about $8000 per year plus whatever money I make as an adjunct teaching one or two classes (probably not much more than that) a year. Or am I mistaken?
Unfortunately, you're mistaken.

Affordable Care Act subsidies for health insurance are only given to those who make between 100%-400% of the Federal poverty line. Your $8K per year will put you well below the cut-off to receive any help from the ACA.

However, you will still be required to carry healthcare, and penalized if you don't, via the IRS and your personal tax return.

On the bright side, being below the Federal poverty line should qualify you for free health insurance via your state government run program (which is funded through Medicaid). (These programs were already in place before the ACA, so Mr. Obama doesn't get credit for them.)

Enjoy your monthly/quarterly trips to the Dept of Economic Security office! If you've never seen true poverty, or people working the system... well, you will soon.

P.S. You're welcome... I usually get $75-200 hourly for this kind of advice.

Wick Stick

They do, as I told you. "Insurance" is a free market choice. Many chose not to carry it because of unnecessary costs. Obamacare would drive up those costs, bankrupting the insurance industries. You were told this. It is happening.

Health insurer Aetna announced late Monday that it is dropping Obamacare insurance in 69% of the counties and 11 of 15 states where it currently offers plans.

The third largest health insurance company becomes the latest to pull back from the plans offered under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) as it cites heavy losses.​
Agreed. Private insurance companies hate the ACA at least as much as your everyday American.

Those who have opined that the bill was passed at the behest of the insurance industry are greatly mistaken. The bill is intended to run private insurance companies out of business in favor of a public healthcare system.

Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is up for debate. Basically, the local thugs are getting run out of town... by an even bigger thug who is taking over their racket. For the rest of us, it doesn't matter too much who is taking our milk money.