toldailytopic: Boy Scouts vote to allow gay members. Good decision or bad decision?

moparguy

So perhaps you will agree that a desire to have sex at least would in all probability have to be genetic and that at least the majority would be likely to find the opposite sex desirable?

Will you perhaps accept your own argument if those scientists work or standards who you now accept say that being a mass murderer is genetic?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

The SBC is having its own problems with membership.
Although the number of SBC-affiliated congregations grew, reported membership of those churches declined more than one hundred thousand, down 0.7 percent to 15.9 million members. Primary worship attendance declined 3.1 percent to 5.97 million Sunday worshippers.
http://www.charismanews.com/us/3983...es-growing-in-numbers-declining-in-membership

Should be interesting to see if their decision has any impact on membership.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Sinful and Sick

Sinful and Sick

Very bad decision!

They might as well change their name to girlish boy scouts. Why would any normal boy what to camp out with a sissy who was checking out him undressing? Unless they, themselves, are campy?

Why would these types what to be boy scouts, other than to destroy one of the last bastions of affirming masculine behavior?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Very bad decision!

They might as well change their name to girlish boy scouts. Why would any normal boy what to camp out with a sissy who was checking out him undressing? Unless they, themselves, are campy?

Why would these types what to be boy scouts, other than to destroy one of the last bastions of affirming masculine behavior?

Agree :thumb:

Huckleberry

"Ethics and Public Policy Center president Ed Whelan observed that those two BSA proposals shared on basic feature: "While purporting to allow (in the case of the first) or require (in the case of the second) troops to bar openly gay adult leaders, they threaten to fatally undercut the legal basis for maintaining that bar."

Consider for a moment the irrationality of the new policy: a 17-year-old lifelong scout who is avowedly gay and also a youth leader, would, on his 18th birthday, be required to cease and desist being a Scout leader. Whether enforced or not, the situation would instantly invite an avalanche of lawsuits. It is a de facto path for allowing openly gay Scout leaders across the board.

Whelan didn't mince words, noting that the elite leaders of the BSA were "trying to snooker and bamboozle local Scout leaders and parents to embrace a proposal that isn't sustainable and that will lead in short order to a wholesale abandonment of the existing policy against openly gay adult leaders. Whether or not one supports that abandonment, the dissembling way that the BSA's top leaders are pursuing it is a shameful violation of their duty to be trustworthy."

In the end, no matter what your view on gay Scouts or Scout leaders, if you cherish your right to freedom of association, you should mourn the organizational suicide (or was it an inside hit job?) committed by the BSA last month. Appeasement of push polls and empty slogans of "inclusiveness" only erodes your freedom."

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/06/freedom_of_association_and_the_boy_scouts_of_america.html

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Do Girl Scouts allow openly gay leaders? I believe they do.

The Boy Scouts don't.

So how do their respective histories of sexual abuse match up?

That would tell you something useful, I'd think.

Huckleberry

The Boy Scouts don't.

Are you joking? The Girl Scouts have been mired in scandals and controversies concerning directly links to, support to and from, and outright forcing pro-gay and pro-abortion and plain old radical feminism onto their young members for decades now. But that's irrelevant because something or other about sexual abuse you only elude to?

How about you provide those numbers rather than just eluding to them, as well as stats on both male and female homosexual abuse of minors in the general public so we'll have some comparison. Do you have those numbers?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian suggests a rational way to evaluate the issue:

The Boy Scouts don't.

Are you joking?

Evidence is the way to evaluate ideas, for rational people.

The Girl Scouts have been mired in scandals and controversies concerning directly links to, support to and from, and outright forcing pro-gay and pro-abortion and plain old radical feminism onto their young members for decades now.

That's what we need to see. Show us how many cases of sexual abuse by Girl Scout leaders, and we can compare to the known cases by Boy Scout leaders. Check the ratio of abuse by men and women in general, and we have a meaningful comparison.

But that's irrelevant because something or other about sexual abuse you only elude to?

Well, we're talking about the harm in letting homosexuals be leaders, so let's focus on that, for now.

How about you provide those numbers rather than just eluding to them,

Alluding. The word is alluding. I'm alluding. You're eluding. Or trying to.

as well as stats on both male and female homosexual abuse of minors in the general public so we'll have some comparison. Do you have those numbers?

I'm just saying it might be interesting to compare them. If we find a significant difference (adjusted for rates for men and women in general), would you agree that was important information about the wisdom of allowing homosexual leaders?