Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
    I showed you that David committed adultery and murder without losing his salvation. Now you're dancing around the mulberry bush about it.
    You are the one that claims that David was saved before he committed adultery.
    You claim that David did not lose his salvation even though he committed adultery.
    Neither claim can be substantiated.

My claim is that salvation does not happen until the day of redemption.
    My claim is that David repented of his sin and then endured in the faith until the end, just as we are commanded to do.

David found favor in God's eyes despite the adultery because David did what was right in the eyes of God and lived in obedience to God's will.

For Christians, we too can get past occasionally falling into temptation in our Christian life if we repent and the rest of our walk is characterized by doing right in the eyes of God and living in obedience to God's will.

That is different than the version of OSAS that teaches that we can get away with doing all kinds of evil so long as we once believed.
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambora View Post
      No.
      That is the fact that I rely on the righteousness of Christ, and not my own righteousness.

If you are relying on your own righteousness, you are relying on the wrong person.
      Can you show me the scriptures that say we are to rely on righteousness?

I am not relying on the righteousness of Christ nor on my own righteousness to save me.

If I should be relying on righteousness to save me, I will need to see the scriptures that say that is what I am supposed to do.

_____
      The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
      ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
        You are the one that claims that David was saved before he committed adultery.
        In Psalm 51:11 David prayed and asked God to not take away the Holy Spirit after he had sinned. So he had the Holy Spirit BEFORE he sinned. Therefore, he was saved before he sinned.

David is included in the "hall of faith" in Hebrews 11. It is talking about the faith he had in God as a boy when he slew Goliath which was long before he sinned. Are you going to tell us that a boy who confesses the God of Israel and slays God's enemy in God's name is not saved?

Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. 47 Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s, and He will give you into our hands.”
        You claim that David did not lose his salvation even though he committed adultery.

Neither claim can be substantiated.
        David asked that the Holy Spirit not be taken from him. Did God take the Holy Spirit from Him? Yes, or no?
        "The Bible is very clear, Christians aren't supposed to be busybodies, nor are they supposed to strive with any man who hasn't harmed him (Or someone else, by implication.)" RandPaulfor2016, May 10, 2013

Comment

Can you show me the scriptures that say we are to rely on righteousness?

I am not relying on the righteousness of Christ nor on my own righteousness to save me.

If I should be relying on righteousness to save me, I will need to see the scriptures that say that is what I am supposed to do.
          [T]o Me every knee shall bow,
          Every tongue shall take an oath.
          24 and shall say,
          ‘Surely in the Lord I have righteousness and strength.
          Isaiah 45:23

You are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption. 1 Corinthians 1:30
          "The Bible is very clear, Christians aren't supposed to be busybodies, nor are they supposed to strive with any man who hasn't harmed him (Or someone else, by implication.)" RandPaulfor2016, May 10, 2013

Comment

• Genuineoriginal,

Don't forget Solomon. God promised David that if his son Solomon sinned that His mercy would NOT depart from him. Solomon went after other gods which was punishable by death the same as adultery.

For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

Solomon was under God's mercy both before and after this. 2 Samuel 7:14-15

Comment

And that is the hypocrisy of OSAS that makes it into a false doctrine.
              You're one of a number of posters on here that, preach
              false doctrine!

Comment

In other words, you put a blanket over your head and refuse to address the reasons discerning people have problems with OSAS.
                Weak and ignorant people of the faith don't accept OSAS!
                Why? Because, they don't trust in the truth that, Christ
                paid it all, once and for all and, all they must do is, place
                their faith in Him as their Lord and Savior! The indwelling
                Holy Spirit does the rest! The naysayers of OSAS feel,
                they must add their own good works/deeds in order
                to maintain their salvation! They believe, if their
                works aren't sufficient, they'll lose their salvation!

Comment

Comment

I am not relying on the righteousness of Christ
                    I know.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                    They already know monsters exist.
                    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                      I know.
                      Good post Tam

Comment

David asked that the Holy Spirit not be taken from him. Did God take the Holy Spirit from Him? Yes, or no?
                        You, too, can ask God that the Holy Spirit not be taken away from you.

If you ask with the right motives, you will receive what you ask. If you ask, God will not His Holy Spirit from you because you obey Him and do what is pleasing in His sight.

1 John 3:22
                        22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

If you do not ask with the right motives, you will not receive. Despite your asking, God will take His Holy Spirit from you because you really want to continue doing those things that brought His wrath on the children of disobedience.

James 4:3
                        3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

_____
                        ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

[T]o Me every knee shall bow,
                          Every tongue shall take an oath.
                          24 and shall say,
                          ‘Surely in the Lord I have righteousness and strength.
                          Isaiah 45:23

You are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption. 1 Corinthians 1:30
                          I see you couldn't find a single verse that says we must trust on righteousness in order to be saved.

_____
                          ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

I see you couldn't find a single verse that says we must trust on righteousness in order to be saved.
                            We trust in Christ and He IS our righteousness....this makes our salvation more certain than practically any english word expresses fully. It is quite simply impossible that His righteousness could fail.
                            One lavished upon in the Beloved
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                              Weak and ignorant people of the faith don't accept OSAS!
                              Why? Because, they don't trust in the truth that, Christ
                              paid it all, once and for all and, all they must do is, place
                              their faith in Him as their Lord and Savior! The indwelling
                              Holy Spirit does the rest! The naysayers of OSAS feel,
                              they must add their own good works/deeds in order
                              to maintain their salvation! They believe, if their
                              works aren't sufficient, they'll lose their salvation!

Luke 13:24-28 NASB
                              24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, ‘Lord, open up to us!’ then He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know where you are from.’ 26 Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets’; 27 and He will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you are from; depart from Me, all you evildoers.’ 28 In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but yourselves being thrown out.

_____
                              ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
                                We trust in Christ and He IS our righteousness....this makes our salvation more certain than practically any english word expresses fully. It is quite simply impossible that His righteousness could fail.
                                I am having a difficult time trying to find any verses in the scriptures that say what you are saying.

All I can find are ones like this one:

1 John 3:7
                                7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

_____
                                ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Working...
                                X