Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Nobody can save themself through their works.
    Nobody can save themself through faith without works, which is dead faith.
    Nobody can save themself.

Jesus saves those who merit His favor through living faith.
    Salvation has two phases.
    The first phase is the giving of the promise with the condition that it will be fulfilled for those that continue in the faith until His return.
    This is when your name is written in the book of life.
    The second phase is the actual event of salvation, and it happens at the resurrection for all who are in the faith when He returns.

You can have your name blotted out from the book of life before receiving salvation if you don't continue in the faith.

You can not lose salvation after you have been resurrected.
    No one merits God's favor. What you claim is works salvation. God needs no help saving those who believe, and He won't accept it, either, so that in the ages to come ALL GLORY will be given to Him alone. There is no room for any boasting, whatsoever, thus the idea of anyone meriting, deserving, or earning salvation is ERROR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
      The Lord is not slack concerning His promise [to return] but is long suffering to us-ward not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
      That means, ALL! Not just the Calvinist elect!!

Comment

• Thus far, (on this thread) only Glory has a grasp on, ultimate truth!

Comment

• Most on this thread are relying on, their own works/deeds, or John Calvin's false theories!

Comment

• Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
            No one says God comes and curtsies, but He wants all men to come to him....freely, not unwillingly because he is given no choice in the matter. Love not freely given is no love at all.
            The centurian knew when he saw Jesus he knew who he was dealing with, he said "I say to one man come and he cometh, to another man go and he goeth, to my servant do this and he doeth it..."

He was drawing a simile with who he saw Jesus to be, not an officer in the army of Rome but the great King of heaven.

God's is the only freewill there is, you talk about choice but it is He who gives the choice, if'n He doesn't there is no choice.

But I say to you that man has already chosen...he chose amiss and must die, he cain't choose not to die.

The resurrection to judgement PROVES that freewill is an utter illusion for if we had freewill now we would have it then...it is a gift you say, absolutely essential you say....but no-one will say such stuff on that day God will say "come to judgement" and come they will, they will ALL come.
            One lavished upon in the Beloved
            sigpic

Comment

• Totton spews, Calvinist non-sense!

Comment

• Get lost Grosnick...you have some doctrines that the mormons believe. They believe in God so do you...therefore you must be a Mormon...I don't debate with Mormons...get lost.
                sigpic

Comment

Get lost Grosnick...you have some doctrines that the mormons believe. They believe in God so do you...therefore you must be a Mormon...I don't debate with Mormons...get lost.
                  I notice, you have NO discernment as well!

Comment

• I'd love to see Totton try and prove that, GM believes like the Mormons!
                    Mormonism is a cult,and they don't trust in Jesus as their Lord and Savior!

Comment

• Looks like Totton had a tantrum and went off somewhere to sulk!

Comment

• You won't provoke me like you did john w...he is twice your stature and TOL is poorer without him.
                        sigpic

Comment

You won't provoke me like you did john w...he is twice your stature and TOL is poorer without him.
                          JW has no class, nor any common sense!

Comment

• He is not a Mormon
                            sigpic

Comment

He is not a Mormon
                              He's not a gentleman either!

Comment

• Originally posted by godrulz View Post
                                Heb. 3:6; 10 teach the possibility of apostasy. Jewish Christians who revert back to Judaism are doing what you are saying. You wrongly assume they are just Jews.
                                I think you will find this rebutted by 1 John 2:18-20, in particular verse 19.
                                He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Working...
                                X