toldailytopic: Is it wrong to be excited that Osama Bin Laden is dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 14th, 2011 09:25 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

phos.neos

I don't think it's wrong to be excited about bin Laden's death, but I feel we should rejoice in justice done and not in the death of a man made in the image of God. Celebrating a man's death is not the same as celebrating justice.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

here a little ditty based off of 'Ding Dong' from the Wizard of Oz to show how I feel about the topic. I hope you don't mind my borrowing the names of some prominent TOL members. ;) I use their names because I respect them.

Ding Dong! Osama is dead. Which old Terrorist? The Wicked Osama!
Ding Dong! The Osama is dead.
Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
Wake up, the Osama is dead. He's gone where the Devils go,
Below - below - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
Let them know
Osama is dead!
Knight:
As Ruler of the kingdom of TOL, I welcome you most regally.
Poly:
But we've got to verify it legally, to see
Knight:
To see?
Poly:
If he
Knight:
If he
Poly:
Is morally, ethically
Lighthouse:
Spiritually, physically
Nick M:
Positively, absolutely
TOL members
Undeniably and reliably Dead
Navy Seal:
As a Seal I must ever, I thoroughly examined him.
And he's not only merely dead, he's really most sincerely dead.
Knight:
Then this is a day of celebration For all the people of free lands
and their descendants
Poly:
If any.
Knight:
Yes, let the joyous news be spread The wicked Old Osama at last is dead!

This Charming Manc

I am relieved that he is gone,and that I think the war iof terror will be less intense from now.

I cannot be excited about the death of any man, do you think jesus was in heaven rejoicing over his death ?

The christ I know died for sinners like me and suprisingly like Osama too. If grace abounds for me, that me the grace was availble to Osama to.

Do people get offended if we to the insert name into John3:16 Illustation with Osamas name?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Excited? Wrong? I dunno. :idunno:

:think: I do know that I can't really identify with the feeling. I really think the "excitement" is kind of a sad simplistic little feeling which has no real bearing on the reality of the matter. One skinny old man with bad kidney's got his head turned into a bowl of mush...big deal.

If, however, it demoralizes those who see great value in killing innocent people then I say "good".

If it fills those who would commit mass murder with the dread of seeing S.E.A.L. Team Six smash down their front door then GOD Bless all those involved. :plain:

misstoast

It's good to see the families of the victims getting some closure. I felt pretty relieved when I saw it on the morning paper, but I'm fairly certain there will be one to take his spot.

Selaphiel

Relieved that a very dangerous man has been neutralized? Sure, that is understandable. But celebrating another mans death is unthinkable to me, I see that as a bit barbaric and unnecessary.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Excited? I do not believe it is not wrong.

When it was announced that OBL was dead, my reaction was, "really."

Not necessarily excited, like others relieved. My thought was now the central character/leader is gone, but the reign of terror is not over, so we pause for a moment and say, "here's one for our side and the good guys," now to the next battle and another victory.

genuineoriginal

Yes, it is wrong to be the dog that is wagged by the tail. If you don't understand, see the movie.

The name Osama Bin Laden was used to gain support for America to go to war in the Middle East. The name has outlived its usefulness, so it had to go. It was wrong to fall for the hype surrounding the name Osama Bin Laden that led to war, and it is wrong to fall for the hype that he was finally found and killed by the American military. Osama Bin Laden's death was reported in 2001, ten years before the American military claims to have killed him.

The tail is currently working on ways of using the name Ahmadinejad to justify continued involvement in the Middle East.

This is all to set up America to be the beast of Revelation that takes over Jerusalem in the last years before Jesus returns.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Am I the only westerner that believes OBL is alive?...where is the proof? the whole stor[ies] that have so far emerged are not credible, there simply is no verification which if he WERe dead would have been absolutely vital

two days later two more A,Q leaders were killed and their operations destroyed, OBL is somewhere and he's singing like a canary. If what I believe is true, he wishes he was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.