toldailytopic: When I retire I'm gonna...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Close down my consulting business and teach public school.

Oh, wait...

Maybe start putting a little more effort into selling my photographs after my second retirement.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Retire? I can't even take a vacation. I will most likely work until I'm dead, or can't work any more. Doubt I'll see retirement age honestly.

Buzzword

I can't imagine retirement.

I'm 25, about to FINALLY get my bachelor's degree, and I have no clue what I'm even going to do for a long-term career, much less IF I'll be able to retire, not to mention what I'd do AFTER retiring.

But there are some things I'd like to do more of if I had more free time and money:
Resume practicing on my trombone.
Resume practicing piano.
Finish my two novels and my comic book, and get them published.
Finish my video game narrative, find a programming whiz, and get the game into production.
Read my Complete Works of Shakespeare front-to-back.
Buy a TONLOAD of books.
Move into a house of our own.
Go shooting with my father-in-law at an outdoor gun range.
Spend more time with my nieces and nephews (several of which are dangerously intelligent, and well-behaved...when their parents aren't around).
Share my recipe for bacon-habanero-cheese-pizza with the world.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I think I need a new bass boat to spend my weekdays pre-fishing for weekend tournaments. Hopefully, I will team with a grandson or two, teach them how catch fish and win those tournaments. Smoke good cigars in the evenings. Try to grow old gracefully...:D

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Never really thought about it until the day I did. Completed all my contracts and and retired my contracts with the Feds. Lasted about twenty minutes before I was asked to take a part-timer day gig which I did. Leaves me plenty of time to do what I want to do.

Retirement for me is doing what I want to do. Which is whatever shiny object triggers my curiosity. The world is full of shiny objects.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am already retired. Retired US Navy. I was forced to retire due to medical issues. I don't have one of those unrealistic dream retirements. Mine is a more realistic one. What I do in my retirement: I am a puppeteer for Child Evangelism on Tuesday afternoons. Thursdays I play a violin in a local orchestra. I also drive a van for a handicapped man. On those days where you don't see me on here, I am probably driving the van or playing my violin.

JPPT1974

Travel around the world if I have money!

Travel all of the US fifty states and Canada!

Volunteer my time to worthwhile organizations and events.

Put Christ first and foremost in everything that I do.

These are big Just IFS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.