Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: The budget deal: what do you think of it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yazichestvo View Post
    Time is money, and if it takes this much time to cut 38 billion, we may not have enough time.
    Yep.

They should stop trying to cut down a tree with a spoon and crank up the chain saw!

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by tambora View Post
      Yep.

They should stop trying to cut down a tree with a spoon and crank up the chain saw!
      Priceless! I am making this my SPOTD

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? ☞ More like tolerate perversity.☠

Comment

Until we're willing to take a serious look at making significant changes to entitlement programs, all of these budget debate are merely quibbling over how fast we're going drive off the cliff.
        "When the lights go out all over the world, when history seems headed only into a dead end and total disaster, God brings forth light. He changes the direction of history and regenerates men and redirects events and institutions to fulfill His purposes."

Comment

Originally posted by tambora View Post
          Yep.

Amongst the other cuts, I'd like to see the Congress begin with itself!
          I believe their benefits and perks are completely out of line with comparable jobs in the private sector.
          Also, I have read that they will continue to have their existing health plan and will not be FORCED to join the Health Care Plan being foisted on the rest of us.
          Mind you, I am not opposed to a national health care plan. It is essential that we have one. I oppose how all encompassing it is.

Comment

Originally posted by bybee View Post
            Amongst the other cuts, I'd like to see the Congress begin with itself!
            I believe their benefits and perks are completely out of line with comparable jobs in the private sector.
            Also, I have read that they will continue to have their existing health plan and will not be FORCED to join the Health Care Plan being foisted on the rest of us.
            ditto! Let's see how serious they are by setting an example rather than pointing fingers at everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheila B View Post
              ditto! Let's see how serious they are by setting an example rather than pointing fingers at everyone else.
              did you hear that they will get paid even if the government shuts down?
              a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

What about the other 99.74% of the national debt?

Yes. 38 billion divided by 14.27 trillion is .0026.

Comment

These cuts are a pittance and do not go deep enough. American's need to wake up to the fact that the country is broke and needs to cut back on the entitlements. The country can not survive unless it is willing to cut back spending, grow the economy , and pay off the massive debt. Hard choices are required here but, nobody has the political guts to make them...
                  The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

Comment

Nobody'll dare tuch defense spending. Or entitlements.

Comment

The answer is pretty simple, really. Make everything that is income count as income (including investment income), eliminate all deductions, and the problem is fixed without raising taxes or draconian cuts to programs that help people in need.

Nobody in Washington really cares about the deficite, its just another word that can be used to rationalize measures to make themselves richer.

And yes, the bible specifically warns against abandoning the least and the lost, in the OT and the NT. To do so was the end of Israel and will be the end of the USA. Nice job "Christian" right wingers.
                      1 John 4:7-8 "Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love."

Comment

Originally posted by Inzl Kett View Post
                        Obama needs to get his head out of the sand and quit spending America's money on worthless pork barrel projects. "Family Planning" and Planned Parenthood are pure pork that America doesn't need.
                        Is that really your objection? Or is that just the handiest rock to throw? Calling a program pork which, while controversial, actually serves a fair number of Americans is really silly.
                        Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_spending_showdown

With the derogatory comments Yahoo makes, this spending bill looks really good. They didn't eliminate Social security (yet), but Medicare is effectively going to be withered away. 6 trillion over 10 years is a really good number. Provided all the cuts are not reinstituted after 10 years. It is a start. And more importantly, it forces a no vote by the Democrat majority in the Senate. The Senate, will go like the house, with a super majority. So it is only a matter of time before the conservative wing of the RNC, the Tea Party, and those that will do right fix what needs to be fixed.

Tell your brothers and neighbors to support personhood.
                          Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

Working...
                          X