toldailytopic: Do you support the Personhood movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder's Muse

I didn't say you were delusional, just that your instincts probably led you to form conclusions not based on facts (they do that and it really can't be helped).

At no point did I say you were.

Human memory is incredibly maliable (just look at academic studies concerning the validity of eye witnesses in court), so the fact that you believe your were conscious of what was happening the whole time doesn't really count for much (as memory has this nasty habit of filling in gaps with beliefs - and for the record, it's not your fault it's a fault in the wiring of your central nervous system which may take a couple million years of natural selection to fix).

Ok..no hard feelings :) I'm just too tired to debate this.

Sozo again

David was a religious zealot that invoked the will of his "god" to justify the slaughter of his political enemies (1 Samuel 27 gives us an idea just how far he is reputed to go in destroying those who opposed him) - why do I care what a religious zealot believes is a "person" or not?
The information was not presented for your amusement. I don't care what you think. I really don't.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ergo you're an idiot if you think people will not see the slight of hand you attempt here. Nobody reading this thread with an IQ over ten thinks that "moral quality" doesn't apply to this topic. Completely ridiculous to try to shrug it off like you did here. Nobody is interested in your "wishes" except maybe Santa and your mom around birthday time. The gorilla just gained 50lbs.
:first: POTD

Punisher1984

Originally Posted by Thunder's Muse
Nobody is interested in your "wishes" except maybe Santa and your mom around birthday time.

LOL!!! Huh? I didn't say that! Bizzaro world....

Whoops - my mistake (your name must have still been in my copy/paste file), I'll fix that...

One Eyed Jack

People are animals - your point?

I think I made my point perfectly clear. Animals possess self-awareness. How do you think a dog knows its name?

I should have been more clear with point #1 - by self-aware I meant sentience, which is a trait only humans, higher functioning primates and some whales possess (but I suppose one *could* argue that these animals are also persons by that criteria - I know of no serious movement to do so, but it certainly would be interesting).

Would that be a no, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.