Who is the 'Rock', Peter or Christ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter (Cepas) was given the ministry to the Jews:

"And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision" (Gal.2:9).

The Body of Christ is, by a huge majority, is made of of Gentiles and it was Paul who is the Apostle of the Gentiles:

"For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office" (Rom.11:13).

Comment

Originally posted by Trump Gurl View Post

Okay.

Your error has already been addressed in Post 28 and Post 16. Please read the posts.

No it hasn't, the Greek is quite plain as to its meanings.

Petros is a small stone, petra is a big stone
      "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
        Peter (Cepas) was given the ministry to the Jews
        That is too ridiculous to address in depth. The Church is the Body of Christ - All Believers - and Peter is the earthly leader of that Church.

Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
        Petros is a small stone, petra is a big stone
        I repeat: Your error has already been addressed in Post 28 and Post 16. Please read the posts.

Comment

That is too ridiculous to address in depth. The Church is the Body of Christ - All Believers - and Peter is the earthly leader of that Church.

I repeat: Your error has already been addressed in Post 28 and Post 16. Please read the posts.

No it has not.

Peter, by the way, is dead, and the dead cannot lead anyone for they have no consciousness.

Jesus Christ is the head of the body, not any human on earth

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Comment

If members resort to personal attacks, your posts are going to disappear. If you want your posts to stay, please refrain from name calling and attacking each other.

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? ☞ More like tolerate perversity.☠

Comment

No it has not.
              I repeat for the third time: Your error has already been addressed in Post 28 and Post 16. Please read the posts.

Peter, by the way, is dead, and the dead cannot lead anyone for they have no consciousness.
              George Washington is dead too and we still have a president. Do you get it?

If you had read the historical article I had posted you would not have said that: http://jimmyakin.com/the-papacy-gods-gift-to-the-church

Comment

No, Peter was never the earthly leader of the Body of Christ. He was given the ministry to the Jews:

"And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision" (Gal.2:9).

The Body of Christ is, by a huge majority, is made of of Gentiles and it was Paul who is the Apostle of the Gentiles:

"For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office" (Rom.11:13).

You never address anyone's points "in depth." If you cannot copy and paste something you are lost!

Comment

I repeat for the third time: Your error has already been addressed in Post 28 and Post 16. Please read the posts.

George Washington is dead too and we still have a president. Do you get it?

If you had read the historical article I had posted you would not have said that: http://jimmyakin.com/the-papacy-gods-gift-to-the-church
                  But, maybe you noticed, it is not G. Washington, Peter is dead, he was not much of a rock, not like Jesus Christ, though he died, God raised him from the dead to die no more.

Comment

“Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
                    Flesh and blood has NOT revealed Who and What Jesus is to anyone. We are ALL living stones, built upon Christ, The Chief Cornerstone. Peter isn't who Jesus built His Church upon or we'd be called Peterians. We are CHRISTians. Jesus lives in us. We are pebbles, but in Him we are a Great Tower over all the enemies of faith and freedom. We are built into Him. We are members of His Body, no more and no less than any other member. God doesn't see as men see. He sees the lowest as the greatest. He sees rich men as poor. He sees wise men as fools. He looks upon the thoughts and intents of the heart. It is in humility that we approach God, not stature, doctrine or wealth. It is when we love that we receive His Presence, not when we try to please other men as the RCC does. It's God's Presence that matters, not our deeds. All our works are straw and gravel. Only what's done for Him will last. Only those who have revelation of Who Jesus is can come to God as perfected creatures, fellowshipping with their Lord and God. It is this revelation that Jesus was signifying, when He called Simon: "Petros." He made that obvious on the night He was arrested, when Peter fulfilled His Prophecy of betrayal. The ONLY difference between Peter and Judas is that God gave Peter repentance. Pray that YOU don't fall into temptation.

They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

The only root there is: is God's Presence. When you have The Living God inside of you, you cannot be tempted away from Him. He's worth more than ANY earthly pleasure. That is the ROCK that is what He was referring to: revelation. He reveals Himself to those who seek and search for Him with all of their heart. That's what Simon did. That's what we need to do. Not follow some clown in a girly outfit waving idols and making us kiss his ring to show submission; but seek after God and His Rewards. Seeking the reward of men causes you to get just that: the reward of pleasing men. That's all the reward you'll ever have if that's what you seek. Seek ETERNAL rewards. Seek Christ. Repent and believe The Gospel. Not a false god. We are ALL Ambassadors for Christ. We are all Living Epistles. There is no heavenly reward for having correct doctrine or following all the rules of the RCC. If there were: Jesus would have walked in Jewery. Period. He didn't. He wanted, by walking in rebellion against organized religion, to let us know that doing so would get us NOTHING from God. It is ONLY in His Presence that we receive ANY reward. Jesus came to earth to seek and to save that which was lost. What was lost? RELATIONSHIP!!! That's what was lost in the Garden of Eden. He wants to walk and talk with His creation. He wants us to recognize His Voice and walk with Him and talk with Him, every single day. Without that, our lives are meaningless. That's the whole point of creation: God wants some company. He reverences us FAR more than we could ever reverence Him. His Love is far greater, deeper, wider and higher than man's love. He holds that Love for us. We only reciprocate when we recognize, honor and reverence His Presence. It isn't in doctrine or slavery. It is in humility. Humble yourself before The Lord of The Universe, not a mere man. Especially not a man who is set up as an idol. The RCC is as phony as CNN.
                    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

Working...
                    X