Loving Jesus enough to obey Him ensures salvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

Jesus came to the JEWS, but the Jews received him not---except for the REMNANT!

I am trying to help you but you refuse.
    The point that I was trying to make, which you could not understand is that Jesus was a minister of the circumcision when He was on earth. That is NOT how Paul tells us to know Him. 2 Cor 5:16

All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
      The point that I was trying to make, which you could not understand is that Jesus was a minister of the circumcision when He was on earth. That is NOT how Paul tells us to know Him. 2 Cor 5:16
      No such thing what you claim. You have no point and I do understand. Jesus was a minister TO ALL, first to the Jew, then to the Gentile---just as Paul says.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 2:9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Acts 3:26 When God raised up His servant, He sent Him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 18:6 But when they opposed and insulted him, he shook out his garments and told them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

No such thing what you claim. You have no point and I do understand. Jesus was a minister TO ALL, first to the Jew, then to the Gentile---just as Paul says.
        Your beef is with Paul and the scripture that he wrote. Paul said that Jesus was a minister of the circumcision to confirm the promises made to the fathers. Clearly you do not understand what that means.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Your beef is with Paul and the scripture that he wrote. Paul said that Jesus was a minister of the circumcision to confirm the promises made to the fathers. Clearly you do not understand what that means.

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles, and SO DOES PETER:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 2:9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Acts 3:26 When God raised up His servant, He sent Him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 18:6 But when they opposed and insulted him, he shook out his garments and told them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

Comment

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.
            Don't ignore the scripture that does not fit your story.

Romans 15:8-13 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: 9 and that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. 10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. 11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. 12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust. 13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Comment

Don't ignore the scripture that does not fit your story.

Romans 15:8-13 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: 9 and that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. 10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. 11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. 12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust. 13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
              Jesus MINISTERED TO THE JEWS who had faith in God and obeyed and was in the covenant by getting circumcised.

Those are to whom Jesus came first for.

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                This is what Jesus said:

Revelation 3:5
                5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

That means that if you refuse to overcome, then you are in danger of having your name blotted out of the book of life, and everyone whose name is not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:15
                15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
                You take a Positive Statement, like He that overcomes, and say it really is a NEGATIVE Statement to those that do not overcome.

YOU ARE WRONG.

It does not say they that do not overcome.

YOU ARE WRONG.

You are not taking about what is written, you are talking about about what you got out of it.

Comment

Jesus MINISTERED TO THE JEWS who had faith in God and obeyed and was in the covenant by getting circumcised.

Those are to whom Jesus came first for.
                  Jesus ministered to ALL Jews, not just the believing ones. He was try to get them ALL to be faithful.

Here is an example of Jesus ministering to unfaithful Jews:

Mat 23:37 KJV O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Comment

Jesus ministered to ALL Jews, not just the believing ones. He was try to get them ALL to be faithful.

Here is an example of Jesus ministering to unfaithful Jews:
                    Mat 23:37 KJV O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
                    No. God cut off and hardened the Jews who didn't have faith in Him before Jesus came.

Luke 19:42 and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes.

Luke 8:10 He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, "'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'

John 12:40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them."

Romans 11:8 as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day."

Mark 4:12 so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"

Mark 8:17 And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you discuss the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet see or understand? Do you have a hardened heart? 18"HAVING EYES, DO YOU NOT SEE? AND HAVING EARS, DO YOU NOT HEAR? And do you not remember,

Comment

No.
                      Your disagreeance with Christ and His Word is noted.

Comment

Never ever.

What kind of testimony do you have?

Comment

Notice you didn't want to address the scriptures.

Comment

Notice you didn't want to address the scriptures.
                            I gave you a clear scripture and you denied it.

Comment

I gave you a clear scripture and you denied it.
                              Jesus came to make a New Covenant.

The old one was based on the purification works of the law and did not include faith.

Some Jews had faith, and some did not, but the Jews who did not have faith when Jesus came---they were cut off and hardened and could only come to Jesus to be saved when he was crucified.

Jesus came for the Jews who had faith in God and in him.

They were God's and now they had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

Jesus said when he is crucified, then all can come to him to be saved, even the cut off Jews and disobedient Gentiles.

Comment

Jesus came to make a New Covenant.

The old one was based on the purification works of the law and did not include faith.

Some Jews had faith, and some did not, but the Jews who did not have faith when Jesus came---they were cut off and hardened and could only come to Jesus to be saved when he was crucified.

Jesus came for the Jews who had faith in God and in him.

They were God's and now they had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

Jesus said when he is crucified, then all can come to him to be saved, even the cut off Jews and disobedient Gentiles.
                                You are a waste of my time. Goodbye.

Comment

Working...
                                X