X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
    “And we know that God causes everything to work together
    for the good of those who love God and are called
    according to his purpose for them.” (Romans 8:28)

These were predestined, called, justified, and glorified (8:29-30).

Those who truly love God obey Him by resisting temptations to sin!

“God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation.
    Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God
    has promised to those who love Him.” (James 1:12)

Believers who endure temptation:
    ● love God
    ● chose to be obedient to Jesus (see below)
    ● will receive the crown of (eternal) life

“Temptation comes from our own desires,
    which entice us and drag us away.
    These desires give birth to sinful actions.
    And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.
    So, don’t be misled, my dear brothers and sisters.” (James 1:14-16)

Believers who do NOT endure temptation:
    ● will fall into habitual sin
    ● will receive spiritual (eternal) death …
    UNLESS they sincerely repent (stop their habitual sinning).

Those who really love Jesus obey Him
    “Those who accept My commandments and obey them
    are the ones who love Me.” (John 14:21)
    “All who love Me will do what I say.” (John 14:23)
    “Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me.” (John 14:24)
    “When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love” (John 15:10)
    “You are my friends, if you do what I command.” (John 15:14)

Who gets to heaven who does not love Jesus,
    who is not His friend,
    and who does not obey His commandments?

Slaves of sin -- OR -- slaves of obedience
    “… if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves,
    you are slaves of the one whom you obey,
    either (slaves) of sin which leads to (eternal) death, OR
    (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

“… anyone who obeys my teachings will never die!” (John 8:51)

“if you want to receive eternal life,
    keep the commandments.” (Matthew 19:17)

“So, you must live as God’s obedient children.” (1 Peter 1:14)

“Only those who fear the Lord and keep His commandments
    have life with God. But there is NO (eternal) life in those
    who do not keep His commandments.”

(from “The Shepherd of Hermas”, which was quoted as Scripture by early
    Christian leaders such as Irenaeus, Origen, and Clement of Alexandria)
    Here is the deal: "Without God, this is impossible" (referring to the rich young man's ability).
    Point: if you mess up in even one, you've messed up. How far before you are in dangers of the fire of hell?

So, 1) was it ever possible to love Jesus unerringly, by anybody but the Lord Jesus Christ?
    2) What is the 'cut-off' point of disobedience? Even one failure? If so, where is the good news in 'obey/obedience?"

This isn't easy to explain and so Our Lord Jesus Christ tried to explain this to Nicodemus who just didn't get it. He said 'born again" and "new Creation" and "new winde skins."

I'd simply add Paul's words here for further expiation: "If any man is in Christ, He is a new creation, the old has passed, the new has come."

Philippians 2:13 It isn't so much "obey!" but rather "Have Christ! Who works obedience in you." We can encourage one another, but there is no longer 'do' and 'obey' among Christians. He works in us to do and to obey. He does use others to mature us, but it is no longer 'do.' Ephesians 2:10
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

Here is the deal: "Without God, this is impossible" (referring to the rich young man's ability).
      The rich man had God in the flesh before him, and he loved his wealth more than to give it up and become a traveling minister with Jesus and help lay the foundation.

Originally posted by Lon View Post
      Point: if you mess up in even one, you've messed up. How far before you are in dangers of the fire of hell?
      The Christians who mess up can still be put to death by the Government, but if they ask God for forgiveness, they can still be forgiven and belong to Him.

So, 1) was it ever possible to love Jesus unerringly, by anybody but the Lord Jesus Christ?
      2) What is the 'cut-off' point of disobedience? Even one failure? If so, where is the good news in 'obey/obedience?"
      The good news in obedience is that if you do mess up, you REPENT and ask for forgiveness.

The good news in obedience is that it is how you get saved and then stay saved.

It is how you eat Jesus.

It is how you have the Spirit and how the Spirit lives through you and how you live through the Spirit.

This isn't easy to explain and so Our Lord Jesus Christ tried to explain this to Nicodemus who just didn't get it. He said 'born again" and "new Creation" and "new winde skins."
      The old testament spoke of a time that a person will only have to repent of their sins and not do the purification works of the law.

Nicodemus did not understand how we repent of our sins and become washed clean by God and are a new creature with His Spirit in us...born again.

I'd simply add Paul's words here for further expiation: "If any man is in Christ, He is a new creation, the old has passed, the new has come."

Philippians 2:13 It isn't so much "obey!" but rather "Have Christ! Who works obedience in you." We can encourage one another, but there is no longer 'do' and 'obey' among Christians. He works in us to do and to obey. He does use others to mature us, but it is no longer 'do.' Ephesians 2:10
      That is some confusion you have.
      Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lifeisgood View Post
        Another one who says he needs to help Jesus' finished work on the Cross
        This is what Jesus said:

Revelation 3:5
        5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

That means that if you refuse to overcome, then you are in danger of having your name blotted out of the book of life, and everyone whose name is not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:15
        15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Learn to read what is written.

_____
        The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
        ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
          This is what Jesus said:

Revelation 3:5
          5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

That means that if you refuse to overcome, then you are in danger of having your name blotted out of the book of life, and everyone whose name is not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:15
          15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
          Lack of right division causes you nothing but confusion.

You have no clue as to the context of the scripture you quote blindly.
          All of my ancestors are human.
          Originally posted by Squeaky
          That explains why your an idiot.
          Originally posted by God's Truth
          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
            Lack of right division causes you nothing but confusion.
            My beliefs do not lead the blind into the ditch.

_____
            The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
            ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
              My beliefs do not lead the blind into the ditch.
              Always the pithy and meaningless insults from you. You are very childish.

If you want to believe myths and fantasy, go right ahead.

If you think that you can find yourself and your doctrine in the book of Revelation then all I can do it pity you.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

I study the scripture to see whether what I was taught is true.
                Go and do the same.

_____
                ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Always the pithy and meaningless insults from you. You are very childish.

If you think that you can find yourself and your doctrine in the book of Revelation then all I can do it pity you.
                  Hey RD, glad you want to parade around what I said to you a long time ago about figures.

Jesus said those who obey him are his mother and sisters and brothers. Is that not like figures?

Comment

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

Hey RD, glad you want to parade around what I said to you a long time ago about figures.

Jesus said those who obey him are his mother and sisters and brothers. Is that not like figures?
                    That you do not understand figures of speech is obvious. It's part of your total confusion of all things.

Comment

That you do not understand figures of speech is obvious. It's part of your total confusion of all things.
                      Why don't you explain it to me?

Comment

Why don't you explain it to me?
                        Jesus was a minister of the circumcision while on earth. Until you can understand the difference between that and Jesus as the Head of the body... there is no helping you.

Comment

Jesus was a minister of the circumcision while on earth. Until you can understand the difference between that and Jesus as the Head of the body... there is no helping you.
                          Jesus was a minister to those who OBEYED and were OBEDIENT and got CIRCUMCISED. Those are to whom Jesus came first for---the OBEDIENT IN THE OLD COVENANT. Jesus is the head of ALL who HAVE FAITH IN HIM---OLD AND NEW COVENANT.

Comment

• Jesus was a minister of the circumcision while on earth.
                            Where does the Bible say that Jesus was a minister of circumcision while He was on earth? As far as I can tell, He neither taught nor practiced circumcision. Perhaps I missed something.

Until you can understand the difference between that and Jesus as the Head of the body... there is no helping you.
                            Tell me, what about 1 Cor 12:13: For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be JEWS or GENTILES, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
                            This verse says we have been BAPTIZED into one body and that because both Jews and Gentile believers have drunk of the same Spirit are all part of “the Body of Christ”

Comment

Jesus was a minister to those who OBEYED and were OBEDIENT and got CIRCUMCISED. Those are to whom Jesus came first for---the OBEDIENT IN THE OLD COVENANT. Jesus is the head of ALL who HAVE FAITH IN HIM---OLD AND NEW COVENANT.
                              It's too bad that you don't believe what the Bible actually says.

The Bible says that Jesus came to His own and His own received Him not.

Comment

It's too bad that you don't believe what the Bible actually says.

The Bible says that Jesus came to His own and His own received Him not.
                                Jesus came to the JEWS, but the Jews received him not---except for the REMNANT!

I am trying to help you but you refuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X