ECT Is It True

iamaberean

Is It True That It is Hard to Get Saved?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Who - Jesus speaking to Jews

What - Eternal Life

Where - Israel

When - Age of Law

Under the 'Law' it was indeed hard to be saved.

The first sermon that was preached after Jesus was raised from the dead came in the book of Acts and it was given to those under 'Grace'.

Who - Peter

What - How to receive eternal life

Where - In Jerusalem

When - In the new Age of Grace

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven

Peter, will now open the gates of heaven, to who so ever will.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost

The gift of the Holy Ghost is eternal life.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

If one would do as Peter was instructed by God, it is easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradley D

The world seems to prove that true.

"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come" (Mt. 18:7).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think so.

Romans 10:9-13 New International Version (NIV)
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”[a] 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

What - Eternal Life

Where - Israel

When - Age of Law

The first sermon that was preached after Jesus was raised from the dead came in the book of Acts and it was given to those under 'Grace'.

Who - Peter

Where - In Jerusalem

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Are you saying that this kind of "first fruits" gift that Christ gave to Peter is still in effect today?

This gift Christ gave to Peter bypassed "Faith". Are we to bypass Faith now?

iamaberean

Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Peter was sent to preach the plan of salvation to all that would believe.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

DAN P

What - Eternal Life

Where - Israel

When - Age of Law

Who - Peter

Where - In Jerusalem

Hi and I just have to COUNTED this , because we should RALLY AROUND Paul as Paul is the APOSTLES to the B O C and we are to make ALL MEN SEE WHAT IS THE DISPENSATION OF THE MYSTERY !!

The Matt 16:18 says I WILL / OIKODEMEO which is th the Greek FUTURE TENSE , ACT VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD !!

What this this means that these n EKKLESIA / ASSEMBLY will not be built until the MILLENNIUM KINGDOM !!

The ACTIVE VOICE means that Christ will be doing the BUILDING of this ASSEMBLY and not Peter !!

The INDICATIVE MOOD means it is a FACT !!

dan p