ECT The Fall of Man Vs. Fratricide

tieman55

The Fall of Man Vs. Fratricide

"50 years of peace on earth that maybe being completely overlooked"

It is my experience and I believe it is accurate to say that generally in Christian theology the fall of man is generally taught and or recognized as having greater impact on the world than that of the "Primum morte hominis" the first homicide. Two early earth events, that to this day shape the world we live in. And is seems to me that Cain murdering Abel gets far less attention than it's due.

The pragmatic side of me says that both of those events where inevitable . . . I really hate that side of me. LOL But, I live in the world and I can't seem to avoid being pragmatic much of the time. So, it is hard for me to avoid saying yes, both of those events were inevitable. But what happened in between those two events was not inevitable.

My reading of Genesis 3 leads me to believe that the fall of man came very quickly, perhaps within a day or two of Eve's creation but certainly no more than a week or so. At first blush that seems pretty quick. After looking closely at the text it rings true and accurate to me and I believe that the fall came within a few days of Eve's creation.

Scripture does not tell us the time span between the fall of man and Cain murdering Abel. But scripture does gives us some clues. So how much time passed and what happened in between those two foundational events?

Eight short Bible verses cover the time span between the fall of man and the death of Abel. Again at first blush that seems pretty sudden. Unless you really do a lot of thinking, you come away with the false idea that these events happened sequentially.

Taking in to consideration what is known from the Bible, I believe that those two event transpired at very different times and places on the early earth. I believe that the two seemingly closely related events in Gen. 3 & 4 are not close at all in time, place or context.

If you carefully piece together the early events on earth as I have done in my book "Killing Abel, I believe you have to conclude that perhaps 50 years passed between the fall and perhaps the very first crime. I estimate the earths population to be between 20-30. As I connected the dots in Genesis it makes sense to me and I have convinced myself that 50 years between the two events fits nicely. A Jubilee of years.

Fifty years between the fall and fratricide? I propose that there was 50 years of peace in our fallen world. Not a lot of time in the history of the world but from Adam and Eve's perspective, 50 years would have seemed like a very long time. 50 years of peace on earth that maybe being completely overlooked. The entire population of earth would have only known peace, for their entire existence, then murder. This maybe the only period of peace ever known on earth and was not inevitable.

If there was 50 years of peace between the fall and the first crime, then philosophers and theologians alike are missing a significant context for what the Fall of man Vs. Fratricide's impact has had on mans existence.

If you carefully look at the two "inevitable" events on the early earth, The fall of man Vs. Fratricide, I believe that you have to conclude that the first murder had far more impact on the history of man than that of the fall of man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo18HatS-Lg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_man

way 2 go

If you carefully look at the two "inevitable" events on the early earth, The fall of man Vs. Fratricide, I believe that you have to conclude that the first murder had far more impact on the history of man than that of the fall of man.
no , you are making stuff up.

2Ti 4:3 The time will come when people will not listen to the true teaching. But people will find more and more teachers who please them. They will find teachers who say what they want to hear.

Right Divider

Body part
There was no physical death prior to the fall.... that's a BIG deal.

Also, failing to take into account the CURSE that God put on all of creation due to the fall is a major fail.