ECT WHO ARE THE GOOD FIGS?

iamaberean

The Good Figs and the Bad Figs
Jer 24:1 The LORD shewed me, and, behold, two baskets of figs were set before the temple of the LORD, after that Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and the princes of Judah, with the carpenters and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon.
From the above we see that it is speaking about children of Judah.
Jer 24:2 One basket had very good figs, even like the figs that are first ripe: and the other basket had very naughty figs, which could not be eaten, they were so bad.
Jer 24:3 Then said the LORD unto me, What seest thou, Jeremiah? And I said, Figs; the good figs, very good; and the evil, very evil, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil.
Jer 24:4 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Jer 24:5 Thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good.
Jer 24:6 For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up.
Jer 24:7 And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.
The good figs will know God.
Jer 24:8 And as the evil figs, which cannot be eaten, they are so evil; surely thus saith the LORD, So will I give Zedekiah the king of Judah, and his princes, and the residue of Jerusalem, that remain in this land, and them that dwell in the land of Egypt:
Jer 24:9 And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.
The bad figs will be reproach.
Jer 24:10 And I will send the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, among them, till they be consumed from off the land that I gave unto them and to their fathers.

When we speak of Jews, we must distinguish between the good and the bad. Jesus did that when speaking to the Pharisees.

There are 12 tribes of Israel of which the children of Judah are only one of them. So let's not call all of the children of Israel, 'Jews'.

iamaberean

Who are the Bad Figs?

Joh 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Joh 8:13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.
Joh 8:14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
Joh 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
Joh 8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
Joh 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Joh 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
(Those that belived on him, were the good figs)
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Jesus confimed that they were of Abraham’s seed, but how could that be?
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
The murderer from the beginning would be Cain. The Babylonians were of the Devil and many of Judah intermarried with them after being taken captive. These are the bad figs.

Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

King Herod the Great (another bad fig) had all the children in Israel, under the age of two, killed in an effort to kill the Messiah.

Do we really think there are no bad figs today?

Gary K

Banned
Who are the Bad Figs?

The murderer from the beginning would be Cain. The Babylonians were of the Devil and many of Judah intermarried with them after being taken captive. These are the bad figs.

I don't have major disagreements with your post, but the part in the above quote is simply wrong. Look at the context of the verse you were commenting on and it becomes very plain that Cain cannot be "the murderer from the beginning".

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

The context of the word "he" has to come from the preceding sentences or the rules of English grammar are being violated very badly. When the words he, him, she her, they, etc... are used they always refer back to the name last given. That name in this verse is "the devil", not Cain.

Let's look at the context of the entire statement by Jesus. First He tells the Pharisees that if God was actually their father as they claimed then they would love Him, Jesus. Why? Because Jesus was loved by His Father and was sent by Him. Then Jesus goes on to tell the Pharisees that they couldn't understand what He taught because they couldn't hear His word. The word translated as hear comes from a Greek word with the overtones of "to hearken" or to understand, not simply to hear with the ears. Then Jesus tells them why they cannot understand what He is trying to teach them. It's because the father of the Pharisees was the devil and the lusts of their father were the lusts of their own hearts.

It is the devil that implanted the desire in Cain's heart to murder his own brother. Had the devil not the power to tempt and influence Cain, Cain would never have murdered Abel. And had the devil not had the power to tempt and influence the hearts of the Pharisees they would never have murdered Jesus. Thus the ultimate responsibility for these two murders, and for all murders, lies at the door of the devil. He was a murderer from the beginning because it was he would introduced the universe to sin. It was he would was the first to hate. The first to lie. The devil has always been the one to teach others to hate, to lie, to murder, etc.... That's why he is the "father" of all those things.

iamaberean

I don't have major disagreements with your post, but the part in the above quote is simply wrong. Look at the context of the verse you were commenting on and it becomes very plain that Cain cannot be "the murderer from the beginning".

The context of the word "he" has to come from the preceding sentences or the rules of English grammar are being violated very badly. When the words he, him, she her, they, etc... are used they always refer back to the name last given. That name in this verse is "the devil", not Cain.

Let's look at the context of the entire statement by Jesus. First He tells the Pharisees that if God was actually their father as they claimed then they would love Him, Jesus. Why? Because Jesus was loved by His Father and was sent by Him. Then Jesus goes on to tell the Pharisees that they couldn't understand what He taught because they couldn't hear His word. The word translated as hear comes from a Greek word with the overtones of "to hearken" or to understand, not simply to hear with the ears. Then Jesus tells them why they cannot understand what He is trying to teach them. It's because the father of the Pharisees was the devil and the lusts of their father were the lusts of their own hearts.

It is the devil that implanted the desire in Cain's heart to murder his own brother. Had the devil not the power to tempt and influence Cain, Cain would never have murdered Abel. And had the devil not had the power to tempt and influence the hearts of the Pharisees they would never have murdered Jesus. Thus the ultimate responsibility for these two murders, and for all murders, lies at the door of the devil. He was a murderer from the beginning because it was he would introduced the universe to sin. It was he would was the first to hate. The first to lie. The devil has always been the one to teach others to hate, to lie, to murder, etc.... That's why he is the "father" of all those things.

My position goes against the norm many times, but I always try to back it with scripture. First, Cain was not Adam's child. You will not find Cain anywhere in Adam's lineage. Eve tells the LORD she was seduced by the serpent, that means sexually. The fact that Adam and Eve tried to cover their private parts gives the clue.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
Of that wicked one means, the son of the wicked one, the devil. A lot of the bible has been hidden for years, but it is now being exposed. Please don't just tell yourself 'that can't be true' but study for yourself.

Here is one of many web sites that points out this truth, it is not an apple explanation.

http://theopenscroll.com/cainsPaternity.htm

Right Divider

Body part
My position goes against the norm many times, but I always try to back it with scripture. First, Cain was not Adam's child. You will not find Cain anywhere in Adam's lineage. Eve tells the LORD she was seduced by the serpent, that means sexually. The fact that Adam and Eve tried to cover their private parts gives the clue.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
Of that wicked one means, the son of the wicked one, the devil. A lot of the bible has been hidden for years, but it is now being exposed. Please don't just tell yourself 'that can't be true' but study for yourself.

Here is one of many web sites that points out this truth, it is not an apple explanation.

You are a big fan of loonie tunes?

Gen 4:1 KJV And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

The Bible makes it crystal clear that ADAM and EVE conceived Cain.

Gary K

Banned

Just what do you mean by an "apple explanation"? I've never seen the term used before.

If you want to ignore how the English language is used there's not much to discuss with you. And that you will take the word of uninspired men over the plain reading of inspired scripture is not a good thing. Your conclusions are at a wide variance with plain scripture.
Genesis 4:1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, “I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord.” ESV

iamaberean

Just what do you mean by an "apple explanation"? I've never seen the term used before.

If you want to ignore how the English language is used there's not much to discuss with you. And that you will take the word of uninspired men over the plain reading of inspired scripture is not a good thing. Your conclusions are at a wide variance with plain scripture.

Apple - Children taught in Sunday school when they were told that Adam and Eve did eat from the tree.

seed - zeh'-rah
From H2232; seed; figuratively fruit, plant, sowing time, posterity: - X carnally, child, fruitful, seed (-time), sowing-time.

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

her seed, the seed of Eve would be her child, thy seed. when speaking to the serpent, would be his child.
Jesus, speaking to the scribes and Pharisees.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
The beginning of murder was when Cain slew Abel.

Gary K

Banned
Apple - Children taught in Sunday school when they were told that Adam and Eve did eat from the tree.

seed - zeh'-rah
From H2232; seed; figuratively fruit, plant, sowing time, posterity: - X carnally, child, fruitful, seed (-time), sowing-time.

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

her seed, the seed of Eve would be her child, thy seed. when speaking to the serpent, would be his child.
Jesus, speaking to the scribes and Pharisees.
The beginning of murder was when Cain slew Abel.

OK. Thanks for your explanation of "apple explanation".

I just find the rest of your theology bizarre. Oh, you're logical enough, but your underlying assumptions are what are bizarre. They do not fit scripture for scripture contradicts them quite a few times. Even the English language says they aren't based in reality. To have a correct understanding of God, and the only real reason to study the Bible is to know God, our reading of scripture must harmonize with all other scripture.

John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

iamaberean

You are a big fan of loonie tunes?

Gen 4:1 KJV And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

The Bible makes it crystal clear that ADAM and EVE conceived Cain.

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Gen 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him.

In the above, Jesus was speaking to the scribes and Pharisees who later on would have Jesus crucified.
King Herod was also from his father the devil, and he had tried to have the baby Jesus killed, by having all of the male children under 2 years of age killed.

These children of the devil are not playing around. They are enemies of God and his children, even today.