ECT What is the gospel & what is it's end goal or purpose for our lives?

Jason0047

What is said by Paul about the gift of eternal life is an unconditional statement. You add conditions which are not there.

Anyone can make the bible say anything they want it to say by using your method.

Well, the conditions are above in verses 21-22. See again Romans 11:21-22. The Bible has to be read as a whole and we cannot focus a laser beam on only those verses we prefer to see. Every verse has to be balanced with all the other verses.

Jerry Shugart

Well, the conditions are above in verses 21-22. See again Romans 11:21-22. The Bible has to be read as a whole and we cannot focus a laser beam on only those verses we prefer to see. Every verse has to be balanced with all the other verses.

Do you deny that the following statement is an "unconditional" statement?:

"God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable"
(Ro.11:29).

Aimiel

What is the gospel & what is it's end goal or purpose for our lives?

What is the gospel?

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Last edited:

Jason0047

Do you deny that the following statement is an "unconditional" statement?:

"God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable"
(Ro.11:29).

First, this was said to Israel. So this is talking about the gift that is open to them. This gift is irrevocable to Israel whether they accept that gift or not. God is not going to take away the offer of salvation from them. But they have to receive the gift to be saved, though.

Second, what is God's gift? Him dying upon the cross and rising from the dead 3 days later. It is an open gift given freely to all. But will everyone accept that gift? No. Is God going to take the gift away before we accept it? No. It is irrevocable. But the gift does come with conditions in order to receive it and to maintain it. The conditions of having the gift do not make the gift any less irrevocable.

In other words, you are thinking of the gift as being irrevocable in the sense after one possesses that gift. But in reality it is the offer of the gift that is not irrevocable. It does not mean that the gift does not come with certain conditions in order to receive it and or to maintain it.

Jason0047

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

25 "And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live." (Luke 10:25-28).

beloved57

jason quotes

What is the gospel?

The gospel is this:

1 "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures"
(1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

Though this is a brief summary of the gospel in letter, without the Spirits revelation of its substance, ita merely words and at best historical fact which converts no one.

When we read that Christ died for our sins here, just who is Christ ? Jesus says in the last days there will be many christs Matt 24:23-24

[FONT=&quot]23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Now the Christ Paul mentions in 1 Cor 15:3, just who is He and what did He accomplish, and for whom did He accomplish it ?[/FONT]

Jerry Shugart

First, this was said to Israel. So this is talking about the gift that is open to them. This gift is irrevocable to Israel whether they accept that gift or not. God is not going to take away the offer of salvation from them. But they have to receive the gift to be saved, though.

You say that it was about a gift which was open to them. But the "gift" were are talking about is "eternal life" (Ro.6:23). And those to whom John addressed his first epistle had already received eternal life (1 Jn.5:11).

You do not even understand the most basic thing about the subject of eternal life of which we are speaking even though I have already cited those to verses to you.

I might as well be talking to the wall because you can't even understand these simple things.

Jason0047

You say that it was about a gift which was open to them. But the "gift" were are talking about is "eternal life" (Ro.6:23). And those to whom John addressed his first epistle had already received eternal life (1 Jn.5:11).

You do not even understand the most basic thing about the subject of eternal life of which we are speaking even though I have already cited those to verses to you.

I might as well be talking to the wall because you can't even understand these simple things.

And yet, you are not explaining the other verses I have presented. So who is putting up a wall?

Jerry Shugart

And yet, you are not explaining the other verses I have presented. So who is putting up a wall?

I will answer the verse which you think is the best one which you think denies OSAS but you tell us why the Lord will take back the "gift" of eternal life from anyone.

Last edited:

beloved57

Now the Christ Paul mentions in 1 Cor 15:3, just who is He and what did He accomplish, and for whom did He accomplish it ?

Well Christ was God in human flesh, the God Man, see the fact that He was God is primarily what gave extreme value and saving effectiveness in the shedding of His Blood. See many will mentally agree with the historical narrative of 1 Cor 15:3 and yet deny that Christ was God in the flesh Jn 1:1,14; 1 Tim 3:16; Matt 1:23

beloved57

So God/Christ was manifested in the flesh to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

21 [FONT=&quot]And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

And thats what Christ accomplished in dying for their sins, which are the sins of His People, or His Church, or His Sheep, not everyone without exception. These are facts that attend the truth of 1 Cor 15:3 in proclaiming the Gospel to be believed unto conversion salvation.[/FONT]

Jason0047

So God/Christ was manifested in the flesh to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

21 [FONT="]And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

And thats what Christ accomplished in dying for their sins, which are the sins of His People, or His Church, or His Sheep, not everyone without exception. These are facts that attend the truth of 1 Cor 15:3 in proclaiming the Gospel to be believed unto conversion salvation.[/FONT]

Right. Universalists believe that GOD does all the saving for all people.
You don't have to do anything. Everyone will be saved in the end. They no doubt twist this verse to their own advantage and ignore verses like 1 John 1:7 that says that we have to walk in the light (GOD's commands) so that the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" (1 John 1:7).

Hebrews 5:9 confirms this truth, as well.

"And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him" (Hebrews 5:9).

Jerry Shugart

I will answer the verse which you think is the best one which you think denies OSAS but you tell us why the Lord will take back the "gift" of eternal life from anyone.

beloved57

It's Christ dying that justified those He died for Rom 8:33 and Rom 4:25 ! There is no Gospel without this fact made known.