ECT God cannot destroy so many people unless he wanted them destroyed.

Lion.of.Judah

BANNED
Banned
God cannot possibly destroy so many lives unless he wanted them destroyed.

This implies that God does not want all people to be saved; contrary to the actual meaning of 1 Timothy 2:3, 4 and 2 Peter 3:9, which are often misunderstood.

This particular Scripture is not absolutely nor unconditionally true; but it is only true subject to restrictions and conditions imposed by other relevant verses in the Bible.

In other words, there are exceptions to the rule that “God wants all people to be saved” given that God has destroyed people many times in the OT and will destroy even more people in the future at the time of the Great Tribulation on earth (Isaiah 24:1), Gog and Magog (Revelation 20:9) and lastly at the Final Judgment in heaven (Revelation 20:15).

Therefore, 1 Timothy 2:3, 4 and 2 Peter 3:9 cannot be absolutely true, but its truth is entirely conditional on the absence of the aforementioned.

But it is wholly misguided to assume that this particular Scripture is always, absolutely or unconditionally true.

To summarise, God cannot possibly destroy so many people unless he wanted them destroyed.

Therefore, 1 Timothy 2:3, 4 and 2 Peter 3:9 are not always true; since there are many exceptions to the rule.

Discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

genuineoriginal

To summarise, God cannot possibly destroy so many people unless he wanted them destroyed.
God has valid reasons for destroying so many people, but that does not mean that God wants to destroy them.

Genesis 6:5-7
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.​

Lion.of.Judah

BANNED
Banned
God has valid reasons for destroying so many people, but that does not mean that God wants to destroy them.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.​

Genesis 6:5-7 does NOT say that God was sorry because he was about to destroy them, but it says he was sorry that he created Man because of their misuse of free will which had brought sin and wickedness into the world.

Genesis 6 does NOT say that God had reluctantly destroyed all those people, nor is it even implied by the passage.

The Scripture explicitly says that God was sorry that he created Man, but nowhere does it say that he was sorry to destroy them.

God was not sorry for the reason that you suggested.

Besides, the New Testament provides ample evidence that Christ would willingly reject or condemn certain people, but nowhere does it say that He would reject (or condemn) with “reluctance”:-

Matthew 7:21-23

Matthew 13:40-42

Matthew 25:41

2 Thessalonians 1:8, 9

Last but not least, all of this goes by the assumption that Sola Scriptura is the sole source of evidence concerning God and his divine will; but this is completely untrue, since we know that Christ will return to Judge the living and the dead (Matthew 25:31-46); however, you are telling me that the person of Christ will have no authority whatsoever to speak on God’s behalf should the very Words spoken by him detract from the conventional or strict interpretation of the Bible.

This tantamount to the Pharisees’ denying Christ (1 John 2:22) or denying that he is the Living embodiment of God’s Word (Mark 16:16, John 1, 3:36, 7:16, 10:30, 12:48), which is a sin of course and they would do so at their own peril.

To deny the person of Christ in favour of the Bible is simply stupid, illogical and dangerous: John 1, 3:36, 12:48.

But of course no one would willingly choose such a course of action and words, unless they know that they are already CONDEMNED with no hope in hell’s chance; and it serves to indicate that the Enemy are on the RETREAT.

Lion.of.Judah

BANNED
Banned

Annotations:-

Sola Scriptura is tantamount to denying the person of Christ who is God’s infallible representative on the earth.

Thus, you are inclined to deny the evidence of Christ (who is God himself in the flesh) or deny that God does NOT want all people to be saved (or that God wants to destroy the vast majority of people: Matthew 7:13, 14, 22:14), even if such Words had been spoken by Jesus himself.

You are prepared to deny the testimony of Christ himself or effectively call God a liar, based on the flawed premise of Sola Scriptura, which is a useless device contrived by the Protestant ‘reformers’.

Jerry Shugart

God cannot possibly destroy so many lives unless he wanted them destroyed.

The LORD wants all people to come to the knowledge of the truth and those who do come to that knowledge are saved forever:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
(Jn.3:16).​

the people who do not believe the gospel which comes in the power of the holy Spirit and instead resist the Holy Spirit will perish but the LORD does not want them to perish.

According to your mistaken ideas even though the LORD loves the world He wants some of them to be destroyed.

genuineoriginal

Genesis 6:5-7 does NOT say that God was sorry because he was about to destroy them, but it says he was sorry that he created Man because of their misuse of free will which had brought sin and wickedness into the world.

Genesis 6 does NOT say that God had reluctantly destroyed all those people, nor is it even implied by the passage.
Keep reading.

Ezekiel 18:23
23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?​

Besides, the New Testament provides ample evidence that Christ would willingly reject or condemn certain people, but nowhere does it say that He would reject (or condemn) with “reluctance”:-

Matthew 23:37-38
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.​

genuineoriginal

Sola Scriptura is tantamount to denying the person of Christ who is God’s infallible representative on the earth.
What makes you think that believing the scriptures is the same as denying that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?
You are prepared to deny the testimony of Christ himself or effectively call God a liar, based on the flawed premise of Sola Scriptura, which is a useless device contrived by the Protestant ‘reformers’.
You falsely assume that I am a Protestant of the Reformed faith?

My beliefs come from a time before Catholicism was corrupted by Augustine.

Lion.of.Judah

BANNED
Banned
The LORD wants all people to come to the knowledge of the truth and those who do come to that knowledge are saved forever:
That is patently false.

Why allow other religions to exist or develop at all if God wanted all people to come to knowledge of the truth: Romans 9:21.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"[/I] (Jn.3:16).
The “world” does not equate with “all people”.

If God truly loved the world then the following Scripture must be false: Romans 9:13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23.

the people who do not believe the gospel which comes in the power of the holy Spirit and instead resist the Holy Spirit will perish but the LORD does not want them to perish.
God will destroy them, but not for the reasons you suggested; as this comment is unsupported by Scripture, and it has no authority whatsoever.

According to your mistaken ideas even though the LORD loves the world He wants some of them to be destroyed.

No mistake whatsoever; but you put yourself in great danger or Opposition with God by refuting his infallibility and his flawless interpretation of the Word which belongs to Christ: John 1, 3:36, 7:16, 10:30, 12:48.