Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I confess with my whole heart that 'Jesus is Lord'.
    Last edited by BoyStan; October 25th, 2018, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyStan View Post
      "By what means were you saved?" I was called through the sanctifying work of the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling with his blood(1Pet1:2). Grace and peace was given to me from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ(Rom1:7).
      I was given faith to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I was included in Christ when I heard the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation(Eph1:13) So, I was saved through God's calling me.
      I am among those who have been called who are loved by God the Father and kept by the Lord Jesus Christ(Jude 1).
      Where's the word of truth, the gospel of YOUR salvation in all of that? Peter didn't preach it, so...what is it?
      2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

Believing that He is Who He says He is, is not going to save you. Without the shedding of blood...
        2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

Pleased that you know,'Tithing, child baptism, saved by works.' are all made up spin!
          What a mess...

1. Matthew-John, at least prior to the dbr, is Old Covenant.

Mark 16 KJV
          14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Cast out devils.

Speak to us in tongues; specifically, speak to me in Russian.

Pick up a few poisonous snakes, get bit, and tell us about it.

Drink some antifreeze, and chase it with a Natty Light.

Go down to your local hospital, and cure a few people.....

All of us honest people, on this issue, thought so.
          Last edited by john w; October 25th, 2018, 12:08 PM.
          Saint John W

Comment

Originally posted by john w View Post
            "Loving Jesus" saves no one, has saved no one, wolfie.
            Only a deluded dispy would misconstrue that statement.

And show some respect to the Saviour-it is the Lord Jesus Christ;only His enemies referred to Him as "Jesus," His name in humiliation, while he walked the earth. Memorize 2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV.

To one's own master they stand or fall.

Get you some business, Peter.

John 21:21

“Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?”

By your reckoning John was Jesus' enemy for calling him Jesus.
            After the resurrection no less.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
              Get you some business, Peter.

John 21:21

“Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?”

By your reckoning John was Jesus' enemy for calling him Jesus.
              After the resurrection no less.
              What a mess.....boozed up.

No, moron, his followers, on earth, never referred to him as "Jesus;" "Master," "Lord"(as above), yes-but never "Jesus." Only His enemies, such as yourself, did, showing disrespect.

You're so stoned, you cannot even read your own post.Peter referred to Him as "Lord."

And the writers referring to Him as "Jesus," were, in context, idiot, merely describing Him, from a historical perspective. Of course, that is way over your head, you not being in my league; therefore, take your seat.

Can you dig it? Good.
              Saint John W

Comment

Only a deluded dispy would misconstrue that statement.
                How long did it take for you to GOOG that "deluded dispy" zinger? Weighty.

Only a lost person, such as yourself, who merely reads about the bible, not studying its details, and instead digs studying his/her Domino's menu, would assert that "Loving Jesus" saves.

Wrong.

Pay attention, wolf. The basis of a person's just, righteous standing, in front of a holy(the #1 attribute of the LORD God in the bible-not His love-survey the book of Isiah) LORD GOD, is not how much we "love" him, or how much He loves us. The basis: His grace, as it is written:

Ephesians 2 KJV
                8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 not of works, lest any man should boast.

The LORD God cannot, will not, "love" anyone into the third heaven. His love is one of His motivations-not the basis/grounds. He had to do something about the sin/sins issue; and He did, sending the Lord Jesus Christ to die in our place, as the satisfactory sin offering(propitiation), through the identification principle, and dying for our sins(plural), forgiving us of all trespasses, through the substitution principle.

Again....

Phrases such as "I love Jesus...give your heart to Jesus" may sound very romantic, but we are not saved by "falling in love with Jesus"-we are saved on the basis of grace, as a result of believing in the Lord Jesus Christ's finished work at Calvary and His resurrection 3 days later. Giving one's heart, life(commitment) is an activity of service to the Lord, and and, as such, service and dedication is something the LORD appeals to believers to do(Romans 12:1-2, for eg.). But this is service from those who have become his own. The biblical order is sonship, then service. Service, then sonship is a work-based performance system, as typified by the Roman Catholic Church, and "perverts the gospel of Christ"(Gal. 1:7). Statements such as " ...I believe salvation is a journey; it is not a moment in time" reflect this mindset and false doctrine. Sanctification is a journey, but justification is not. Justification is a "moment in time" declaration of righteousness based on the merits of the Lord Jesus Christ.
                Saint John W

Comment

delete
                  Saint John W

Comment

What a mess.....boozed up.

No, moron, his followers, on earth, never referred to him as "Jesus;" "Master," "Lord"(as above), yes-but never "Jesus." Only His enemies, such as yourself, did, showing disrespect.

You're so stoned, you cannot even read your own post. Peter referred to Him as "Lord."
                    That's why I likened ya to Peter, motor mouth.
                    I reckon his mamma and brothers called him by his name.

Comment

That's why I likened ya to Peter, motor mouth.
                      Bing that "motor mouth" zinger, did you, Spicoli? Put down the bong, while posting.
                      Saint John W

Comment

Originally posted by heir View Post
                        Believing that He is Who He says He is, is not going to save you. Without the shedding of blood...
                        True,but it is not the shedding of my blood or any other blood. Rather it is the blood of Christ shed upon the cross once for all that obtained my eternal redemption(Heb9:12).

Comment

One more time, to protect the sheep/babes, from being plundered, fleeced, by the wolves roaming around, in our territory.....

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...quot&p=4698478
                          Saint John W

Comment

'Where's the word of truth, the gospel of YOUR salvation in all of that? Peter didn't preach it, so...what is it?'

Peter was preaching to God's elect(1Pet1:1).
                            I am one of God's elect(1Pet2:9).

Comment

I cannot follow your thoughts.

Comment

IMO, the best answer is: "Jesus Christ was born in the flesh."
                                This was a secret Christian code back in Roman times,
                                which meant only to Christians that "God was born in the flesh".
                                The blue was NOT proclaiming to the secular world that you were a Christian.
                                Last edited by ZacharyB; October 26th, 2018, 06:03 PM.
                                "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
                                you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
                                (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
                                (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

Comment

Working...
                                X