ECT Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyStan

Scripture is a 'progressive' revelation of God's eternal purpose for the praise of His glory! I don't look for or concentrate on the so called contradictions (?). I greatly rejoice in God's exceeding great glory!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Scripture is a 'progressive' revelation of God's eternal purpose for the praise of His glory!
Genesis 1:1 KJV shows us that God created the heaven and earth. His purpose for the earth is according to prophecy with Israel exalted above the nations while His "eternal purpose" for people today is a level playing field (Galatians 3:28 KJV, Colossians 3:10-11 KJV) by the cross (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV) with a heavenly calling (2 Timothy 1:8-10 KJV), gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Romans 2:16 KJV, Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:8 KJV), doctrine (1 Timothy 1:3 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV) and inheritance (Philippians 3:20 KJV, Colossians 3:1-4 KJV) that was a mystery (Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV) until revealed by Jesus Christ to and through Paul in Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV).

I don't look for or concentrate on the so called contradictions (?). I greatly rejoice in God's exceeding great glory!
It is impossible to be approved unto God without approving things that are excellent (1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV, Philippians 1:9-10 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).

ZacharyB

The Word of God is without contradiction. The Word of God does not teach truths that contradict one another. The truth is understood when apparent contradictions are reconciled. Any seeming contradictory truths are the result of our lack of insight.
Extremely well said, brother!
A good example of RECONCILING opposing sets of verses is ...
The NT use of the word "believe" is atrocious.
There is no English word which encompasses
"belief, faith, trust, and obedience", so they use "believe".
To reconcile the John 3:16s of this world with all the rest of the NT,
one must conclude that "pisteou" means the blue.

P.S. Some Greek words can have up to 40 meanings,
depending on the context. Good luck!

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Feel free to not. :up:

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yeah, no need to converse with uncorrectable reprobates in apostasy, heterodoxy, and heresy who can’t and won’t ever be able to admit it in their overt pride. Hence my absence from here except to converse privately with AMR and Lon.

You forgot to include the remainder of the sentence in your (mis-)quote of me that continued regrading your (and others) utterly corrupted epistemics.

BoyStan

Tithing and saved by works are Biblical.

Any scriptural support for tithing and salvation by works are based on the Old Covenant. That was given to Israel and never to the Gentiles. The saints may choose to tithe but it is not commanded for them by any scripture. Salvation by works is clearly refuted in the New Covenant as per the New Testament.

BoyStan

In Christ I am fully approved unto God. I approve the most excellent thing that excels all other excellencies and that is God;Father,Son and Holy Spirit.

BoyStan

Once saved (Are you?), you must study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth according to 2 Timothy 2:!5 KJV.

Am I saved?

I am in Christ, which means I am a child of God, which means I am saved, which means I give all the glory to God filled with thankfulness for his mercy to me.

Now that rightly divides the word of truth!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Am I saved?

I am in Christ, which means I am a child of God, which means I am saved, which means I give all the glory to God filled with thankfulness for his mercy to me.
By what means were you saved?

Now that rightly divides the word of truth!
God will have all men to be saved, AND to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4 KJV). That is two fold. First one must be saved and then 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. Both are tied to Paul's gospel and the doctrine he wrote in Romans through Philemon (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV). Do you build on Paul's foundation? Do you follow Paul?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Any scriptural support for tithing and salvation by works are based on the Old Covenant. That was given to Israel and never to the Gentiles. The saints may choose to tithe but it is not commanded for them by any scripture. Salvation by works is clearly refuted in the New Covenant as per the New Testament.
None of what you just said contradicts what I said.

So what's your point?

BoyStan

"By what means were you saved?" I was called through the sanctifying work of the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling with his blood(1Pet1:2). Grace and peace was given to me from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ(Rom1:7).
I was given faith to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I was included in Christ when I heard the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation(Eph1:13) So, I was saved through God's calling me.
I am among those who have been called who are loved by God the Father and kept by the Lord Jesus Christ(Jude 1).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"By what means were you saved?" I was called through the sanctifying work of the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling with his blood(1Pet1:2). Grace and peace was given to me from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ(Rom1:7).
I was given faith to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I was included in Christ when I heard the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation(Eph1:13) So, I was saved through God's calling me.

Did you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.