ECT GAL 3:28 VS 2 COR 6:18 !!

DAN P

Hi to all and when perusing another site , they asked this question with no takers !!

The questions then is this !!

2 Cor 6:18 says , And I will be a Father to you and you will be sons and daughters to Me , says (THE ) Lord !!

But Gal 3:28 says there ARE / ESTE no Males or Females "in Christ ."

what say you ??

dan p

Danoh

Hi to all and when perusing another site , they asked this question with no takers !!

The questions then is this !!

2 Cor 6:18 says , And I will be a Father to you and you will be sons and daughters to Me , says (THE ) Lord !!

But Gal 3:28 says there ARE / ESTE no Males or Females "in Christ ."

what say you ??

dan p

And yet, he refers to them all in Gal. 4:15, as "sons."

What about this...

1 Corinthians 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

In other words, in Galatians 3 his point is not that the male / female distinction is done away with, rather that in Christ, they all have the same value to the Lord.

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

See that? FOR ye are ALL the children of God...

3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

He was not really talking about men and women, and so on. For that was not the actual issue within their midst, and that was not the actual issue he was addressing.

Lol - put your Greek away, DP - he was addressing a Doctrinal issue and Doctrinally is how these things are solved for and or understood.

Not via, well the Greek word is such and so.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8.

DAN P

What about this...

1 Corinthians 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

In other words, in Galatians 3 his point is not that the male / female distinction is done away with, rather that in Christ, they all have the same value to the Lord.

3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

He was not really talking about men and women, and so on. For that was not the actual issue within their midst, and that was not the actual issue he was addressing.

Lol - put your Greek away, DP - he was addressing a Doctrinal issue and Doctrinally is how these things are solved for and or understood.

Hi , and check your Gal 4:15 , are you sure that isn the verse you meant !!

If you WOULD just check THE GREEKKKKKKKK in 2 Cor 6:18 , there are 3 verbs and the first two verbs , WILL BE / ECOMAI and SHALL BE / ECOMAI are in THE GREEKKKKKKKKK Future Tense , why is that so ??

These 2 verses are not alike , is what I see and let me know when you can see again !!

dan p

DAN P

What about this...

Hi Danoh and every time some one answers any post it is DOCTRINE or Teaching !!

In Gal 3:28 means exactly what it says , there can not be MALE and FEMALE "in Christ " Jesus !!

In 2 Cor 6:18 says , And I will be a Father to you and you we be sons and daughters to Me says ( the ) Lord Almighty !!

The Greek words WILL BE / ECOMAI and SHALL BE / ECOMAI are in the FUTURE TENSE , so when will that happen ??

I believe that future will be in EITHER the Millennium OR after the DISPENSATION OF THE FULNESS OF TIMES !!

Gal 3:28 we are a NEW CREATION in Christ , a different thing !!

I am sure that you did come up with same thng ,Danoh , good job !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi Danoh and every time some one answers any post it is DOCTRINE or Teaching !!

In Gal 3:28 means exactly what it says , there can not be MALE and FEMALE "in Christ " Jesus !!

In 2 Cor 6:18 says , And I will be a Father to you and you we be sons and daughters to Me says ( the ) Lord Almighty !!

The Greek words WILL BE / ECOMAI and SHALL BE / ECOMAI are in the FUTURE TENSE , so when will that happen ??

I believe that future will be in EITHER the Millennium OR after the DISPENSATION OF THE FULNESS OF TIMES !!

Gal 3:28 we are a NEW CREATION in Christ , a different thing !!

I am sure that you did come up with same thng ,Danoh , good job !!

dan p

Your "Greek" often turns out as poor as your English.

2 Cor. 6:18 is in the future, in the Greek, true.

But Doctrinally it is not.

Doctrinally, it is present tense.

Doctrinally, it is the Doctrine of the Believer's PRESENT reality...in Christ.

Paul is merely reminding them OF their present reality - the present reality that passage he is quoting as to its OPERATING PRINCIPLE, that that passage promised "the children of God" would one day be their present reality.

Israel's has been delayed. Ours has not.

Ours is now.

Paul is merely reminding them OF their present reality: he is merely reminding them to walk in who God HAS made them in His Son as His children (as Believers).

And that passage is actually a case of one of those moments of many within Paul's writings, of things shared by both the Israel of God (Believing Remnant of Israel sealed prior to Israel's fall), and the Body of Christ (formerly lost Jews and Gentiles this side of Israel's fall; temporary setting aside; and calling of Paul) as children of God.

A moment, of those "spiritual things...of God" that both share.

That is to say, same PRINCIPLE within BOTH Prophecy and Mystery; different IN OPERATION and INTENDED RESULT in EACH: Prophecy and Mystery.

Its called actual, consistent, "Acts 9," Mid-Acts Dispensationalism" Dan.

The things that...are the same within...the things that differ...in Christ.

Ephesians 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

There are things that differ (in operation) between the Israel of God and the Body of Christ.

And there are things that are the same (in principle) between them.

No Greek so often needed, DanP.

DAN P

Your "Greek" often turns out as poor as your English.

2 Cor. 6:18 is in the future, in the Greek, true.

But Doctrinally it is not.

Doctrinally, it is present tense.

Doctrinally, it is the Doctrine of the Believer's PRESENT reality...in Christ.

Paul is merely reminding them OF their present reality - the present reality that passage he is quoting as to its OPERATING PRINCIPLE, that that passage promised "the children of God" would one day be their present reality.

Israel's has been delayed. Ours has not.

Ours is now.

Paul is merely reminding them OF their present reality: he is merely reminding them to walk in who God HAS made them in His Son as His children (as Believers).

And that passage is actually a case of one of those moments of many within Paul's writings, of things shared by both the Israel of God (Believing Remnant of Israel sealed prior to Israel's fall), and the Body of Christ (formerly lost Jews and Gentiles this side of Israel's fall; temporary setting aside; and calling of Paul) as children of God.

A moment, of those "spiritual things...of God" that both share.

That is to say, same PRINCIPLE within BOTH Prophecy and Mystery; different IN OPERATION and INTENDED RESULT in EACH: Prophecy and Mystery.

Its called actual, consistent, "Acts 9," Mid-Acts Dispensationalism" Dan.

The things that...are the same within...the things that differ...in Christ.

Ephesians 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

There are things that differ (in operation) between the Israel of God and the Body of Christ.

And there are things that are the same (in principle) between them.

No Greek so often needed, DanP.

Hi Danoh , and you do not see the difference IF the Greek PRESENT TENSE is used in , lets say Hebrew and what if the Greek PRESENT TENSE is used by Paul , are they the same ?

Remember CONTEXT , that is the difference !!

And in 2 Cor 6:18 the Greek word is SAITH / LEGO is in the PRESENT TENSE and in the ACTI VE VOICE which means the subject as PRODUCING THE ACTION and is in the Indicative mood and that MOOD is a FACT !!

Are the Corinthians in verse 11 Jews OR are they Gentiles ?

Who was Paul writing too ??

dan p

Last edited:

Danoh

Hi Danoh , and you do not see the difference IF the Greek PRESENT TENSE is used in , lats say Hebrew and what if the Greek PRESENT TENSE is mused by Paul , are they the same ?

Remember CONTEXT , that is the difference !!

And in 2 Cor 6:18 the Greek word is SAITH / LEGO is in the PRESENT TENSE and in the ACTI VE VOICE which means the subject as PRODUCING THE ACTION and is in the Indicative mood and that MOOD is a FACT !!

Are the Corinthians in verse 11 Jews OR are they Gentiles ?

Who was Paul writing too ??

dan p

I was talking about the phrases "will be" and "shall be" both of which are in the future tense, indicative mood, middle voice.

2 Corinthians 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

My point is that he is merely reminding them that the operating principle (that those passages promised when they were first written) is now their reality; that they should be conducting themselves accordingly.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

You see that word "Wherefore" that he begins verse 17 with?

He uses it because he is about to expand further on the basis of why they should not be carrying on as they have.

How that the promised operating principle he is about to describe, is their present reality.

I don't know; perhaps we're both saying the same thing in a different way.

And he is addressing the same people he describes in 1 Corinthians 12:13 - those Jews and Gentiles in the Body of Christ.

DAN P

I was talking about the phrases "will be" and "shall be" both of which are in the future tense, indicative mood, middle voice.

Hi and check again as the verbs WILL BE and SHALL BE are only in the Greek FUTURE TENSE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD !!

The third verb , SAITH / LEGO is in the PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and that is a FACT !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and check again as the verbs WILL BE and SHALL BE are only in the Greek FUTURE TENSE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD !!

The third verb , SAITH / LEGO is in the PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and that is a FACT !!

dan p

Lol - yep, its your English.

At the risk of offending you, the way you word things very often makes it seem like you mean something else.

For example, those last words in your last sentence, there - "in the INDICATIVE MOOD and that is a FACT !!"

What you actually mean is that the reason it is in the indicative mood is because it is stating a fact.

Agreed.

But the way you worded your reply made it appear that what you are saying is that its being in the indicative mood is a fact.

Which is a different emphasis and meaning.

You're basically violating many of the same parsing principles in your English, that you are ever going on about are an important help in understanding the intended meanings in the Greek.

DAN P

Lol - yep, its your English.

At the risk of offending you, the way you word things very often makes it seem like you mean something else.

For example, those last words in your last sentence, there - "in the INDICATIVE MOOD and that is a FACT !!"

What you actually mean is that the reason it is in the indicative mood is because it is stating a fact.

Agreed.

But the way you worded your reply made it appear that what you are saying is that its being in the indicative mood is a fact.

Which is a different emphasis and meaning.

You're basically violating many of the same parsing principles in your English, that you are ever going on about are an important help in understanding the intended meanings in the Greek.

Hi and I was born here , and is every one here speak perfect English , I doubt it !!

The INDICATIVE MOOD means that the verse is a FACT , is that better ?

dan p

glorydaz

Hi and I was born here , and is every one here speak perfect English , I doubt it !!

dan p

Look out, Dan. Danoh will nitpick you to death.

It's his personal gift. :chuckle:

Danoh

dan p

Lol - there ya go, DP - that's even better than I worded it.

:chuckle: :thumb:

DAN P

Lol - there ya go, DP - that's even better than I worded it.

:chuckle: :thumb:

Hi Danoh and when I write on the computer , my mind is going faster than when writings !!

And most of the time , always seem to forget , what I wanted to write !!

And many times , when reading any OP that I write , when reading them later , wonder , why did I write it that way !!

My right hand ,first 3 fingers are numb and it seems to hit more then one key !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi Danoh and when I write on the computer , my mind is going faster than when writings !!

And many times , when reading any OP that I write , when reading them later , wonder , why did I write it that way !!

My right hand ,first 3 fingers are numb and it seems to hit more then one key !!

dan p

Lol, yeah, I hear ya - just now, I posted some things on another thread on 2 Thessalonians 2's falling away.

I must've proofread it a good two or three times, and then a few more after I posted it; correcting one thing or another each time.

The things that differ, DP, the things that differ.

Each time...

Rom. 5: 6-8.

glorydaz

dan p

Heck, I go back and don't remember writing it at all. I say to myself, "Well, it sounds like something I would say." ;)

Bradley D

Christians will leave their natural bodies here and become a spiritual body. That is something we cannot fully understand till that time.

"it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body" (1 Corinthians 15:44).