ECT The NT uses of Zech 14:5

Danoh

Is that a smile on your face?
Don't pull a muscle!

Quit being so petty.

Look at others thru the lens of Romans 5:8, like we are all instructed we can do, and you won't experience some perceived slight and or the need for the world's need for payback.

Then, and only then, will you even begin to know that your call outs are righteous.

O never mind - you've long been too set in your secular "giving so and so a taste of their own medicine..." to know what I am talking about.

To viewing you through the lens Romans 5:8, then.

For that is a standard long since fully met - where we are both concerned.

Interplanner

Hi and will you stop using 2P2P or stop using NHNE ?

Jesus and Paul I know BUT who are you ??

Or are trying to persuade man or God ?? Gal 1:10 ??

Where does it say the B O C is in the New Covenant ?

dan p

2P2P is not a biblical expression. It is the title of a chapter by the D'ist Ryrie. It is more clear to refer to it than to D'ism.

NHNE is a biblical expression and is the only one I know of used to refer to the age after this, beside the non-descript expression 'age to come.'

BOC is an artificially defined entity that D'ism thinks plugs in nicely into existence at a certain moment at the end of Acts 7 when supposedly "Israel fell." Not considering Lk 13 of course.

Interplanner

Good question.
Since the verses say the LORD will fight the nations that come against Jerusalem, not help them destroy it.

The historical reference of Zech (as in the day...) may go all the way back to Melchizedek, being also the King of Jerusalem. All of which is the old order of things, set aside like communications from angels and priesthoods and the law, says Hebrews.

DAN P

2P2P is not a biblical expression. It is the title of a chapter by the D'ist Ryrie. It is more clear to refer to it than to D'ism.

NHNE is a biblical expression and is the only one I know of used to refer to the age after this, beside the non-descript expression 'age to come.'

BOC is an artificially defined entity that D'ism thinks plugs in nicely into existence at a certain moment at the end of Acts 7 when supposedly "Israel fell." Not considering Lk 13 of course.

Hi and YOU ARE THE ONE who uses 2P 2P and NHNE not me !!

Most seem to know that the B O C means the Body of Christ and is in many verse in the bible , LIKE :

1 Cor 12:27

Eph 4:12

Rom 7:4

And Gal 3:28 , Rom 10:12 , reminds who is in the Body of Christ !!

And 1 Cor 13:12 explains how all believers are PLACED INTO THAT one body !!

All those believers post Acts are not in the Body of Christ , are you in the BODY OF CHRIST or are you a POST-ACTOR ??

dan p

Interplanner

DanP wrote:
#1 In verse 26 Israel is given a new heart !

That's what the coming of the Spirit was about, but most of Israel refused. All were invited. They were to be the first missionaries to the rest of the world.

Interplanner

Still curious about this, IP.

Did? That sounds past tense to us now. I'm not saying that. I'm saying the whole business is shown to have to do with the end of time, the final judgement, and the arrival of the NHNE. As you know from the Rev, at that point, there is a new Jerusalem from above in the frame. Now, this was expected right after the trauma of AD 70--unless the Father delayed. He did.

btw, Josephus says the Egyptian (also mentioned in Acts 21) had organized to meet Messiah at the same spot in the same decade (7th) to fight Rome. IT seems to have been a hot topic at the time! So when Christ says 'he will come just as you have seen him go' (Acts 1) it puts all the pressure on 'as you have seen him go'--which was not a very disruptive event! It does raise questions about what it all means.

SaulToPaul 2

Did? That sounds past tense to us now. I'm not saying that. I'm saying the whole business is shown to have to do with the end of time, the final judgement, and the arrival of the NHNE. As you know from the Rev, at that point, there is a new Jerusalem from above in the frame. Now, this was expected right after the trauma of AD 70--unless the Father delayed. He did.

btw, Josephus says the Egyptian (also mentioned in Acts 21) had organized to meet Messiah at the same spot in the same decade (7th) to fight Rome. IT seems to have been a hot topic at the time! So when Christ says 'he will come just as you have seen him go' (Acts 1) it puts all the pressure on 'as you have seen him go'--which was not a very disruptive event! It does raise questions about what it all means.

The LORD did not protect Jerusalem from it's enemies in 70ad.
Zechariah 14 is still true, and will still come to pass.
I believe the LORD.

SaulToPaul 2

For TOL readers,

I see the new heaven, the new earth, and the Holy City descending after the 1000 years.

These things must be separated out, and not mixed together in the same time frame as the 2nd coming (IP).