ECT Get On the Road To Emmaus With Cleopas And His Friend Again

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
See, now you're projecting your need for your double-standard as being my need to post for no reason.

I make with the chuckles about it all.

You and yours - all of a sudden your all serious.

What hypocrisy...

Where is your grace enablement in such moments?

Non-existent, because you prefer your Galatianism.

Hah - Paul himself would have wasted his time having to remind you and yours of all this nonsense of yours.

Oh, and here - a :chuckle:
You're nuts if you think I take you seriously.
Just more of your abundant inability to read people.
Maybe you should buy a crystal ball and see if that helps.

glorydaz

Just as your hybrid as "MAD" is the result of your "reading into" a thing.

You and yours (within your Acts 9/Acts 28 hybrid) are often better at the much easier to sort out Prophetic aspect, than you are at The Mystery.

northwye, IP, et al, are merely being as stubborn in their (mis) understandings as you and yours ever are, in yours.

Doesn't mean you and yours are up to no good, anymore than their insisting on their (mis) understandings means they are :think:

Whoops - there comes your pal, heir, with one more repeat of her name calling posts to me in private :chuckle:

And here on post #4 is where your thread got high-jacked. Don't say "they".....name the one who is responsible for making many an OP go off track. :troll:

SaulToPaul 2

As such means as Judaism expected. The thing being restored (the work of the Spirit in Israel) is there. The incoming of Gentiles to faith is the raising of David's fallen tent. Etc Etc. That's why there is continual friction with Judaism about what is expected. Why Acts 26 reads as it does, with them still trying to see it happen.

After the coming of the Gospel of Christ, there is no need for a land restoration. God is not doing that kind of thing anymore, only the mission. Thus the absence of reference to it in Acts, not to mention that it was going to pieces.

Unless you have specific points to counter with, don't bother. Your smugness drips all over my computer and slows it down.

Just answer why doesn't Paul say something in Acts 13? Acts 26. He does. The resurrection answers their expectations.

More made up gobbledy gook.

Right Divider

Body part
As such means as Judaism expected. The thing being restored (the work of the Spirit in Israel) is there. The incoming of Gentiles to faith is the raising of David's fallen tent. Etc Etc. That's why there is continual friction with Judaism about what is expected. Why Acts 26 reads as it does, with them still trying to see it happen.
There were MANY gentiles that came to faith long before "the mission".

After the coming of the Gospel of Christ, there is no need for a land restoration. God is not doing that kind of thing anymore, only the mission. Thus the absence of reference to it in Acts, not to mention that it was going to pieces.
How long will you cling to that lie?

God said that He would restore them to THEIR LAND where they would dwell safely. Why do you continue to deny the truth of scripture?

Unless you have specific points to counter with, don't bother. Your smugness drips all over my computer and slows it down.
Attempted humor again..... FAIL!

Just answer why doesn't Paul say something in Acts 13? Acts 26. He does. The resurrection answers their expectations.
Fiction.

Interplanner

There were MANY gentiles that came to faith long before "the mission".

How long will you cling to that lie?

God said that He would restore them to THEIR LAND where they would dwell safely. Why do you continue to deny the truth of scripture?

Attempted humor again..... FAIL!

Fiction.

There are very few Gentiles who came to faith. many came to Judaism, but that is not to come to faith, as you can see from Acts 8 and the Ethiopian.

I will continue to deny the need for a land restoration until someone shows me from the NT that it matters. Nothing needs to be done there. It would have been nice to preserve it from destruction but the Gospel abrogates any need. The mission is everything. Where did Paul say he hoped to see everyone in Jerusalem next year?

You have no reasons except your will power to assert. You have nothing that makes sense through the NT. Your club says 'we believe both' yet the new has challenges and dismissals of the old. The new reformed things. That's in the part of Hebrews that you don't quote, meaning, it is not in 8:8, the only thing I've seen you quote lately.

The resurrection answers the promised things; 13:32. In his dishonest leadership STP still, today, thinks I'm talking about v23. In ch 26, it is clearly not the bare fact that the res took place, but that it answers Israel's hopes. That is the issue and the friction. The account means nothing without that friction.

I am a friction writer!

SaulToPaul 2

There are very few Gentiles who came to faith. many came to Judaism, but that is not to come to faith, as you can see from Acts 8 and the Ethiopian.

I will continue to deny the need for a land restoration until someone shows me from the NT that it matters. Nothing needs to be done there. It would have been nice to preserve it from destruction but the Gospel abrogates any need. The mission is everything. Where did Paul say he hoped to see everyone in Jerusalem next year?

You have no reasons except your will power to assert. You have nothing that makes sense through the NT. Your club says 'we believe both' yet the new has challenges and dismissals of the old. The new reformed things. That's in the part of Hebrews that you don't quote, meaning, it is not in 8:8, the only thing I've seen you quote lately.

The resurrection answers the promised things; 13:32. In his dishonest leadership STP still, today, thinks I'm talking about v23. In ch 26, it is clearly not the bare fact that the res took place, but that it answers Israel's hopes. That is the issue and the friction. The account means nothing without that friction.

I am a friction writer!

All made up.

Interplanner

As far as I can tell D'ism has eliminated all the friction there was. There's just that odd problem where the Jews kept killing Christians, but that's no big deal.

Right Divider

Body part

I am a friction writer!
Yes, and your friction is against the Bible.

P.S. Bonus verse:
Matt 21:43 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:43) Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Interplanner

Yes, and your friction is against the Bible.

P.S. Bonus verse:
Matt 21:43 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:43) Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Oooooh, way to fling the guilt!

My friction with you is against d'ism and 2P2P. The friction in the Bible is between the Gospel and Judaism and needs to be clarified for D'ists because they are basically neo-Judaic. They void and replace the Promise of the Seed as realized in the resurrection with what they think is supposed to happen in the land.

But yeah, I'm sure God asked you whether I was in the fruit-bearing nation, sure.

The pagans are generally more polite, and more practical in their questions. I don't know of any of them who dodge 'The Seed referred to one person, Christ, not many people' when they read or hear that.

Right Divider

Body part
Oooooh, way to fling the guilt!

My friction with you is against d'ism and 2P2P. The friction in the Bible is between the Gospel and Judaism and needs to be clarified for D'ists because they are basically neo-Judaic. They void and replace the Promise of the Seed as realized in the resurrection with what they think is supposed to happen in the land.
Nonsense. We just believe God and His Word and you don't.

Interplanner

Unless you have a specific item, I have no idea what you mean about the accused doubts.

Back to the simple problem of the foolish hearts of the disciples. They all communicated, they all had various doubts, they all had problems with what Christ said was the master idea. It's called denial. We know this from back in Lk 18:34, which they had been told of as early as 9:21. They still asked foolish questions in Acts 1:8. They appear slow or complicated about finding Gentiles who believe, Acts 11:2, 17, 18.

Right Divider

Body part
Unless you have a specific item, I have no idea what you mean about the accused doubts.

Back to the simple problem of the foolish hearts of the disciples. They all communicated, they all had various doubts, they all had problems with what Christ said was the master idea. It's called denial. We know this from back in Lk 18:34, which they had been told of as early as 9:21. They still asked foolish questions in Acts 1:8. They appear slow or complicated about finding Gentiles who believe.
More silly talk based on your false "understanding".

Their understanding in Acts 1:8 was right on and yours is denial.

Interplanner

More silly talk based on your false "understanding".

Their understanding in Acts 1:8 was right on and yours is denial.

Right on? How did they miss that the next thing they were to do was start the mission to all nations? Hmmmm? Lk 24:27--Christ just 'happened to forget' that He was supposed to tell them about Israel's restoration? I see.

Fiction!