ECT The essential irrationality of Dispensationalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Gee, Mrs. Sherman, that sure is a lovely dress you're wearing today...

I don't think that Interplanner takes a liking to you Sam, on account of the way he treats you on his reduntant threads. I think he'd be happier to see Kruschev posting, than you.

Interplanner

What a worthless quote. I don't do any of that, for completely different reasons. The person doesn't know the Bible, nor D'ism nor how things like prosperity gospel come together. The quote is total muck. Not wrong. Muck.

Interplanner

That is NOT what the scripture says.

Acts 11:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:19) ¶ Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.

What is wrong with you?

Grecian's are Greek speaking JEWS!

I'd think that a brilliant historian would know these things.

Until the next line. You always search for soundbytes instead of really seeing what is happening.

Interplanner

Until the next line. You always search for soundbytes instead of really seeing what is happening.

V20.

Please mark this down as a classic obfuscation and evasion of D'ism. You simply won't read the next line because it goes against D'ism and you won't get 'praise from men' here at TOL. It is ludicrous and totally transparent dishonesty. #205.

Interplanner

The other totally worthless thing about Tam putting this here it is right after the total dishonesty of RD found in #205 in which all of you won't read 11:20, like you won't read Acts 13 and Acts 15 normally. You're not here for the plain meaning, you are here to protect Chafer's system.

SaulToPaul 2

The other totally worthless thing about Tam putting this here it is right after the total dishonesty of RD found in #205 in which all of you won't read 11:20, like you won't read Acts 13 and Acts 15 normally. You're not here for the plain meaning, you are here to protect Chafer's system.

Made up

Interplanner

11:18 sets up the fact that God, with or without help from apostles, was reaching the nations. That's why it is repeated in v20, then it gets validated, in the next verses. Barnabas brings Paul to Antioch and Antioch becomes more of a 'center' than Jerusalem, if there is such a thing.

D'ism is dishonest every where you turn, because it finds soundbytes instead of whole pictures or scenes. As a 2nd example, is how the intro of Mt24 is used. In D'ism it is about US and about a restored Israel NOW IN 2000.

If you ask a D'ist about RT in Gal 3:17, they accuse you of RT now, without realizing what is going on there.

SaulToPaul 2

11:18 sets up the fact that God, with or without help from apostles, was reaching the nations. That's why it is repeated in v20, then it gets validated, in the next verses. Barnabas brings Paul to Antioch and Antioch becomes more of a 'center' than Jerusalem, if there is such a thing.

D'ism is dishonest every where you turn, because it finds soundbytes instead of whole pictures or scenes. As a 2nd example, is how the intro of Mt24 is used. In D'ism it is about US and about a restored Israel NOW IN 2000.

If you ask a D'ist about RT in Gal 3:17, they accuse you of RT now, without realizing what is going on there.

Made up.

Interplanner

Grecian's are/were GREEK SPEAKING JEWS, Mr. SupposedHistorian.

You've been told this BEFORE and STILL you ignore it, just like to do most of the scripture.

you are out of control.
1, "But" in in v20 because they weren't the usual Greek-speaking Jews (Iudaiou) but were Gentiles or 'Hellenes/Hellenistas'. "But" contrasts things. Only to Jews is contrasted with THOSE WHO ARE NOT JEWS, get it?
2, v18 rejoices in faith found among 'Ethnesin' which is never Jews, because in Greek is the Jewish way of saying non-Jews.
3, v1 is also 'ethne' and heard as such by all Judea. And plural.

You know very little of which you speak.

As an occupational hazard, may I point out that the more worked up you get, the more mistaken? Try to relax and let the Bible say what it does and stop trying to control it into a certain message or outcome.

Interplanner

There is a greek text note at 20 on the two terms for Greeks, and the strongest is the 'Hellenas'.

You are probably thinking of 9:29's 'Hellenistas' which is a Greek-speaking person (can be Jewish), and that text has no text issue, but is not the point being made in ch 11.

I totally do not get where you people come up with such mistakes and fear it is the dark side to keep the Gospel unclear.

Interplanner

I wrote this about Tams' summary on D'ist speakers:

What a worthless quote. I don't do any of that, for completely different reasons. The person doesn't know the Bible, nor D'ism nor how things like prosperity gospel come together. The quote is total muck. Not wrong. Muck.

It was about how they would never end up as prosperity gospel teachers, but Tam removed it and is dishonest about it being there.

Danoh

The next verse says that some of them (maybe him too) then went and preached to Greeks.

Believe your Bible.

And the Lord blessed them.

Believe your Bible....

Interesting post...

Greek, Grecian, Gentile, are at times used interchangeably.

Joel 3:6 The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border.

Mark 7:26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

Romans 1:13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles. 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

It did not matter to him whether said Gentiles were as educated in their wisdom and culture as the Greeks were known for, or as uneducated and rude and crude in all that as the Barbarians some Gentiles were known as being - his message contained a salvation for both.

His message was an everyman message.

Result?

Romans 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

To those who had once been on the right side of the fence (the Jew) back when they had directly had access to "the salvation of God;" as as well as to those who had once been considered on the wrong side of said fence, or "without God in the world."

And what those words are all about in their interchangeability is the issue of of one who was either of a nation or citizenship other than that of Israel, or of someone influenced by one or another of said Gentile cultures.

In this, it is no surprise that the Apostle of the Gentiles was then sent for, there, in Acts 14...

For Paul's Apostleship among Jew and Gentile had already been the case, as far back as Acts 9 (compare Acts 9 with Acts 15 in light of Gal. 1).

You raised an interesting point, IP.

Obviously, by accident.

Rom. 5:8

Status
Not open for further replies.