ECT Israel is not the BOC

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One of the many things to discuss that distinguishes the Church from Israel is the promise of earthly land.

Was the Church ever promised their own earthly land?
No.
But Israel was.
Was the Church ever cast out of their earthly land for unfaithfulness to be restored again later?
No.
But Israel was.
Was the Church ever split into two separate bodies that would later be united in the same earthly land again?
No.
But Israel was.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
One of the many things to discuss that distinguishes the Church from Israel is the promise of earthly land.

No.
But Israel was.
Was the Church ever cast out of their earthly land for unfaithfulness to be restored again later?
No.
But Israel was.
Was the Church ever split into two separate bodies that would later be united in the same earthly land again?
No.
But Israel was.
There seems to be a lot of confusion about it

Danoh

There seems to be a lot of confusion about it

All the way back to the Religious Right's departure from Dispensationalism, resulting in it's even now continued odd assertion that the U.S. was a God inspired "land...country...nation..."

As is ever the case, all issues end up ever the issue of the need to soundly distinguish between Dispensational Identities...or things that differ; where such actually differ.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Joel 3:2 KJV
(2) I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jeremiah 30:11 KJV
(11) For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 11:26-29 KJV
(26) And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
(27) For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
(28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
(29) For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Israel is not the BOC

Two things:

You need to be more specific when saying "Israel", and you need to understand that "body" is just a metaphor.

(Hosea 11:1) "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

(Matt 2:15) where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Out of Egypt I called my son."

As we see above, the word "Israel" is a son in Hosea, and is Jesus in Matthew.

So, if Christ Jesus is "Israel", then the body of Christ would be Israel.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Who are you referring to when you say "the church"?

Are all Christians part of "the church"?

If yes, where the first Christians in Antioch part of the Body of Christ? Where they part of "the church"?

(Acts 11:26) And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Two things:

You need to be more specific when saying "Israel", and you need to understand that "body" is just a metaphor.

(Hosea 11:1) "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

(Matt 2:15) where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Out of Egypt I called my son."

As we see above, the word "Israel" is a son in Hosea, and is Jesus in Matthew.

So, if Christ Jesus is "Israel", then the body of Christ would be Israel.
It does not show that the Lord Jesus Christ was Israel, anymore than Christ fulfilling prophetic instances of what David, Joseph, etc. did does not make Jesus Christ David, Joseph, etc.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It does not show that the Lord Jesus Christ was Israel, anymore than Christ fulfilling prophetic instances of what David, Joseph, etc. did does not make Jesus Christ David, Joseph, etc.

Does Hosea 11:1 say that "Israel" was a son?