ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The church of God were of those at Corinth. They were hungry (Acts 20:28 KJV) as a result of selling out as commanded in Acts 2 (go look it up) and others were calling what they were doing the Lord's supper/eating and drinking in their presence when they had none (1 Corinthians 11:22 KJV)! Paul going over what the Lord told the twelve has nothing to do with BoC doctrine!

Paul corrects them with the sound instructions from Jesus Christ:
Those in the BoC cannot be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ!

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

1 Corinthians 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

1 Corinthians 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Is that what's happening from not eating the Lord's supper today? You're a nut if you think so!

All of this instruction (so rudely interrupted by your inserted comments) is meant by Christ to impart the holiness of the communion and the importance of keeping the Gospel witness pure.
You wish.

And I never insert comments inside of a verse as I've seen many do. It's a discussion board. We can't all run around pulling a Squeaky. You don;t like the comments because they are on point, but against your SoF.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes indeed. Your presuppositions are different from the intent of the Words of God.
You think commanding those to not go to the Gentiles is the same as not commanding Paul to baptize?
ROFL!
In Nang's world, things that differ are the same.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do Madist even read the bible
Yes.

or is it all he said and she said ?
It's what the bible says.

We know Paul baptized Crispus and Gaius and :
Co 1:16
And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
Yep.
And we know that Paul was not sent to baptize (as the others were), and that he thanked GOD that he baptized so very few and no others.
THANKED Him.

andyc

Do Madist even read the bible or is it all he said and she said ?

And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.

It'd be interesting to know from the madists why Paul baptized?

heir

TOL Subscriber
YOU clearly have no clue what to blasphemy the Holy Spirit means.
Sure, I do (and it's "blasphemy against the Holy Ghost"). It's defined right there in Matthew 12:31-32 KJV.

Paul breathed out threatenings (Acts 8:1 KJV) against the disciples of the Lord (who were full of the Holy Ghost Acts 6:3, Acts 7:55 KJV). That's blasphemy against the Holy Ghost right there!

You might want to read and study the bible before you make yourself look foolish and un-learned in the things of God.
I am in study everyday! And what did Paul tell Timothy 1 Timothy 4:12 KJV, 1 Timothy 4:16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV, 2 Timothy 4:2-5 KJV)? I'm sticking with Paul (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV)!

Paul did not commit blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
"Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost" and yes, he did.
God does NOT lie.
Of course not. That's how we know something changed. Something was different! There must have been a purpose for saving a blasphemer!

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

andyc

Sure, I do (and it's "blasphemy against the Holy Ghost"). It's defined right there in Matthew 12:31-32 KJV.

Paul breathed out threatenings (Acts 8:1 KJV) against the disciples of the Lord (who were full of the Holy Ghost Acts 6:3, Acts 7:55 KJV). That's blasphemy against the Holy Ghost right there!

I am in study everyday! And what did Paul tell Timothy 1 Timothy 4:12 KJV, 1 Timothy 4:16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV, 2 Timothy 4:2-5 KJV)? I'm sticking with Paul (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV)!

"Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost" and yes, he did. Of course not. That's how we know something changed. Something was different! There must have been a purpose for saving a blasphemer!

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Jesus said to the pharisees, "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven in this life or the next".

A few years later. Jesus forgives a pharisee for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

So that makes Jesus a liar from a mad perspective, doesn't it?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I did not realize that the teachings of Jesus was a "ROTFL" matter.

I do NOT put more credence on Paul's teachings than Jesus' teachings. Paul only taught and preached what he received from Jesus, and the " mystery" was what was withheld for a time by God, but make no mistake it was taught in the OT and by Jesus and ALL of the Apostles and eventually by those who believed and followed God.
Fine! truth is, any person who is Jewish, or of that heritage, can have and follow the same Gospel as the Gentiles, if he believes in salvation in Christ.

God fulfills His promise to Israel by allowing a second way to all Jewish believers, and only Jewish believers. God loves the Israelite.

Danoh

What about the text did I change? NOTHING! You just don't believe the verse could possibly mean what it says! You want context, you got it!

Paul is rebuking the Corinthians.

1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.

1 Corinthians 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

When they came together it was not to eat the Lord's supper. It is possible though, that this is what they were calling it.

1 Corinthians 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
1 Corinthians 11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

Here they were eating and drinking in front of the church of God who had nothing (those in the church of God had sold out which is a topic all it's own)! Paul was rebuking them.

1 Corinthians 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
Paul is going to be recalling the same night in which the Lord was betrayed.
1 Corinthians 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

Paul is still speaking of that night which the Lord was betrayed. He is NOT instructing the Corinthians to partake of the Lord's supper in remembrance of Him.

1 Corinthians 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Again, Paul is talking of the night the Lord was betrayed. He is not instructing the Corinthians to do it "til He come".

1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Here's where you have BIG problems saying the Lord's supper is to the church, the Body of Christ:

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
So if we eat this bread and drink this cup of the Lord UNWORTHILY we are guilty of the body and blood of the Lord? Come on! THINK! How could a member of the Body of Christ be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord???!!!IMPOSSIBLE!

1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
Here again, another BIG problem for those who would say the Lord's supper is TO the Body of Christ.
1 Corinthians 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
If I, a member of the Body of Christ eateth and drinketh unworthily I eateth and drinketh damnation to myself not discerning the Lord's body???!!!IMPOSSIBLE!

1 Corinthians 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
1 Corinthians 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1 Corinthians 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

When reading of the same night in which the Lord was betrayed, who was the only one that ate of the bread, drank of the cup, was guilty of the body and blood of the Lord? Who is the one that ate and drank unworthily, ate and drank damnation unto himself, not discerning the Lord's body? There's only one...Judas Iscariot!

It was not a "sacrament" for the Corinthians anymore than it is for us!

I didn't alter it one bit! Why do you act as though I did? Get your emotions in check and come back when you have calmed down.

No, it's sound doctrine (Titus 2:1 KJV).

What a mess you have made of all that.

What he told them was that when they came together and carried on as selfishly as they did this selfish conduct of their was not in keeping with the intended spirit the Lord's Supper he had delivered unto them had been meant to be kept in.

1 Corinthians 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

What do you mean, Paul?

11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. 1 Corinthians 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

dodge

Fine! truth is, any person who is Jewish, or of that heritage, can have and follow the same Gospel as the Gentiles, if he believes in salvation in Christ.

God fulfills His promise to Israel by allowing a second way to all Jewish believers, and only Jewish believers. God loves the Israelite.

What is the other path God provided to Jews ?

Galatians chapter 3 says all are in Christ by faith.

dodge

Jesus said to the pharisees, "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven in this life or the next".

A few years later. Jesus forgives a pharisee for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

So that makes Jesus a liar from a mad perspective, doesn't it?

EXACTLY ! If that was true, and it is NOT, that would make Jesus a liar.

andyc

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is to attribute a work of God to the devil.
Nicodemus said, "no one can do these signs unless God is with him". That is wisdom.
The stupid person attributes a healing or miracle to the devil. Jesus said, the devil comes to steal kill and destroy. He doesn't go around blessing, delivering, and healing people.

Paul stated that he was shown mercy because the persecutions he carried out were done in ignorance. He genuinely thought that christianity was a dangerous sect that needed stamping out.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

water baptism was the pattern under the commission to the twelve when Paul was converted and baptized by a devout law-keeping Jew, Ananias. It was the norm during that period.

Act_22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,

Afterwards, Paul received further instruction periodically directly from the Lord Jesus in heaven as to his particular ministry. If Paul's ministry was the same as the twelve, then there would have been no need for direct revelation to Paul from Christ. Paul would have been fine just learning their teaching from them.

dodge

heir;4818094]Sure, I do (and it's "blasphemy against the Holy Ghost"). It's defined right there in Matthew 12:31-32 KJV.

If Paul Blasphemed the Holy Ghost and Jesus saved Him that would make Jesus a liar.

Mat 12:24
But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

12:25
And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Mat 12:26
And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand ?

Mat 12:27
And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

Mat 12:28
But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

To blaspheme the Holy Ghost is to attribute a work of God to the power of Satan.

Danoh

Do Madist even read the bible or is it all he said and she said ?

Put it in polka dots - it matters not - you are still reading your own ideas into that passage.

andyc

water baptism was the pattern under the commission to the twelve when Paul was converted and baptized by a devout law-keeping Jew, Ananias. It was the norm during that period.

Act_22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,

Afterwards, Paul received further instruction periodically directly from the Lord Jesus in heaven as to his particular ministry. If Paul's ministry was the same as the twelve, then there would have been no need for direct revelation to Paul from Christ. Paul would have been fine just learning their teaching from them.

Was water baptism the baptism of repentance that John introduced?

dodge

[/B]Yes.

It's what the bible says.

Yep.
And we know that Paul was not sent to baptize (as the others were), and that he thanked GOD that he baptized so very few and no others.
THANKED Him.

You missed the whole point read it again.

Paul thanked God because some were claiming Apollos, Peter, Paul and some Christ as to who had the true message , and Paul tried to straighten them out, and obviously he failed where the Madist are concerned.

dodge

Amazingly Paul tried to solve this problem of WHO folks followed and placed a greater emphasis on their teaching.

Obviously Paul failed where the Madist are concerned.