ECT The Nations and the NHNE

Interplanner

I don't think our D'ist friends have quite grasped what's going on with the nations and the NHNE. This came up recently in the threads, where the hot question was whether there would be nations in the NHNE.

As you can see from 2 Peter 3, at the end of this age the world is melted down to create the NHNE. This is the final day of judgement. Today's rulers should be giving honor to the enthroned Son, Acts 24:25, out of regard for the judgement to come. For it will be swift and will result in the believers of the Gospel being moved or held for the NHNE, while the rest to judgement. Even if there were 'nations' the NHNE will be in the glorified life of God's righteousness and there is no distinction from this world that matters any more: male, female, married, single, class, race, ethne. Even physical reality is different: God is the temple and Christ is the light, Rev 21, meaning there is no sun.

In this sense, the new Israel (all believers) will be 'over' the nations (that exist in this life)--because unbelievers will be punished.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't think our D'ist friends have quite grasped what's going on with the nations and the NHNE. This came up recently in the threads, where the hot question was whether there would be nations in the NHNE.

As you can see from 2 Peter 3, at the end of this age the world is melted down to create the NHNE. This is the final day of judgement. Today's rulers should be giving honor to the enthroned Son, Acts 24:25, out of regard for the judgement to come. For it will be swift and will result in the believers of the Gospel being moved or held for the NHNE, while the rest to judgement. Even if there were 'nations' the NHNE will be in the glorified life of God's righteousness and there is no distinction from this world that matters any more: male, female, married, single, class, race, ethne. Even physical reality is different: God is the temple and Christ is the light, Rev 21, meaning there is no sun.

In this sense, the new Israel (all believers) will be 'over' the nations (that exist in this life)--because unbelievers will be punished.

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Psa 72:4 He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.
Psa 72:5 They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.
Psa 72:6 He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.
Psa 72:7 In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth.
Psa 72:8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.
Psa 72:9 They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust.
Psa 72:10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.
Psa 72:11 Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.
Psa 72:12 For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.
Psa 72:13 He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.
Psa 72:14 He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.
Psa 72:15 And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised.
Psa 72:16 There shall be an handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.
Psa 72:17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.

LA

Interplanner

There are many images (such as 'you will suck from the breast of the Gentiles') that only exist to get across a point of victory or calm or virtue and in no way were meant to actually happen. That is true of both OT prophets and of the Rev. And of 'no stone on another'.

Interplanner

If your eye offends you, yank it out.

Do you realize all middle east languages are written this way?

There's someone on here claiming that two towers disproves Mt24A etc is about the DofJ. What primitive nonsense. There are piles of details besides the fact that 'no stone on another' is a figure of speech, just as 'not since the world began.' And then there's the nursing babies who become adults. How can that be X000 years, truly?

Interplanner

" You won't find the gospel in the gospels . " - Les Feldick

that sounds about right. Was there any other context give to that?

Among other things in the 20 min sample I suffered, I just detest teachers who don't stay on topic and don't stay in a passage. In his case I got a migraine because he did both. And we wonder what kids are going to be like on cell phones.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where is it?

In the parables.

(Matt 13:35)That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

It was Jesus who first preached things which had been kept secret since the foundation of the world. However, He did it in parables.

Paul preached the same things that had been kept secret since the foundation of the world, but Paul didn't preach it in parables.

SaulToPaul 2

In the parables.

(Matt 13:35)That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

It was Jesus who first preached things which had been kept secret since the foundation of the world. However, He did it in parables.

Paul preached the same things that had been kept secret since the foundation of the world, but Paul didn't preach it in parables.

Show it to us.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
In the parables.

Unpack it for us

Interplanner

Unpack it for us

The English expression 'since the foundation of the world' is suspect. There are few places in Greek where it is that length. It is not in Rom 16 nor in Acts 3. In both of those cases it is 'for ages' ('ap' aionois') and Acts 3 ties itself to the prophet period.

This one is different ('katabolos kosmos') but being from a Psalm where figures of speech are common, like 'the cattle on 1000 hills' the point is that it pre-existed. But are the mysteries of Mt 13 etc anything like that of Eph 3:6 or Rom 16? I don't think so. Nor I Cor 2.

Danoh

:chuckle:

IP the Skeptic

From what I have read on TOL, IP holds a view of Rom. 16; Eph. 2; and 3, that is closer (though not the same) to the view you and your few hold to than to the one that I and the majority of Mad Pastor-Teachers hold.

Case in point, you and yours hold that Romans 16:26 is referring to the OT.

IP holds this same view.

While, what you and yours assert about it after that much, differs.

In the above, IP's post was to Tet; he was actually disagreeing with Tet's assertion that Christ reference to mysteries is the same as Paul's.

Note his words "But are the mysteries of Mt 13 etc anything like that of Eph 3:6 or Rom 16? I don't think so. Nor I Cor 2."

SaulToPaul 2

From what I have read on TOL, IP holds a view of Rom. 16; Eph. 2; and 3, that is closer (though not the same) to the view you and your few hold to than to the one that I and the majority of Mad Pastor-Teachers hold.

Case in point, you and yours hold that Romans 16:26 is referring to the OT.

IP holds this same view.

While, what you and yours assert about it after that much, differs.

In the above, IP's post was to Tet; he was actually disagreeing with Tet's assertion that Christ reference to mysteries is the same as Paul's.

Note his words "But are the mysteries of Mt 13 etc anything like that of Eph 3:6 or Rom 16? I don't think so. Nor I Cor 2."

Thanks, even while wearing my Holfordian colored glasses, I can still only decipher 10% of his posts to glean from.