Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ECT: According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

    Eph 3:5
    Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

    Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.

    How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?
    Heb 4:2
    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

  • #2
    Originally posted by dodge View Post
    Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.

    How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?
    I don't think they missed it, it's just not on their to do list.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dodge View Post
      Eph 3:5
      Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

      Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.

      How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?
      The information concerning the Mystery was given to Paul by the Lord Jesus from heaven directly by revelation. Others understood what he taught by the illumination of the Spirit.
      Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
      Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dodge View Post
        Eph 3:5
        Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

        Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.


        How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?


        Their list is 2P2P and making sure it "sticks." It wouldn't matter to them how many others preached it, as long as there were 2 programs, which it is not validating anyway.
        All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dodge View Post
          Eph 3:5
          Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

          Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.

          How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?
          Ephesians 3 is "but now" mystery truth:

          "mystery"

          "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men"

          "as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit"

          "unsearchable"

          "hid in God"

          It is the mystery pertaining to Gentiles (Ephesians 3:6 KJV)/the mystery of the gospel (Ephesians 6:19 KJV) who earlier (in time past) were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) who Paul was made a prisoner of Jesus Christ for and to whom Paul was given the dispensation of the grace of God to (directional "to you-ward" Ephesians 3:1-2 KJV). That it is "now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit" is set in contrast to the earlier mystery (the mystery of Christ) which was a mystery hidden in the scriptures "according to the scriptures" of Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, but thanks for your concern.
          2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

          Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

          Comment


          • #6
            Ephesians 3 KJV 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

            ____________________________________

            "the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT."-Dodge

            The "them" here assumption/argument="The twelve" apostles, and the "Old Testsment" prophets



            Point 1:
            The Ephesians 3:5 KJV passage referencing "apostles and the prophets," is not referencing the prophets and the 12 apostles, OT through "pre-Paul"-your "argument." It is referencing the apostles and prophets, "Paul, and going forward. And not "the twelve apostles of the Lamb" of Revelation 21:14 KJV.


            The details of the book matter.

            Note, the chronological order, "pre Paul"=OT up until Paul:



            Luke 11:49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:


            2 Peter 3:2 KJV

            That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

            Prophets first, then the 12 apostles.

            Vs.

            From Paul, on...

            1 Corinthians 12:28 KJV


            And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.


            Chronological order-book of details....

            "first apostles"

            "secondarily prophets"

            Memorize it. Details. Survey Acts...Paul, first, apostle...Barnabus, an apostle.....then prophets....


            Confirmed-order-apostles, then prophets:

            Ephesians 2:20 KJV

            And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;


            Ephesians 3:5 KJV

            Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
            Saint John W

            Comment


            • #7
              Not only is saint john w the great TOL's reigning Most Humble, and reigning Dash Riprock Award holder, he is also a great teacher.
              Originally posted by Interplanner
              They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
              Originally posted by Interplanner
              You're too literal to get it.
              Originally posted by Interplanner
              The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                Not only is saint john w the great TOL's reigning Most Humble, and reigning Dash Riprock Award holder, he is also a great teacher.
                Thanks, Mayor! I posted that, after 2.22 Mr. Cookie Bars; hence, prior to the occurrence of my daily sinkin' spell. Wonder what causes that?
                Saint John W

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jamie View Post
                  I don't think they missed it, it's just not on their to do list.
                  So the other 11 Apostles did nothing in your opinion, got ya.
                  Heb 4:2
                  For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by steko View Post
                    The information concerning the Mystery was given to Paul by the Lord Jesus from heaven directly by revelation. Others understood what he taught by the illumination of the Spirit.
                    That is NOT what Paul said:

                    Eph 3:5
                    Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men
                    , as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;


                    Paul taught that ALL the Apostles and some prophets were given the mystery by the SPIRIT.
                    Heb 4:2
                    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dodge View Post
                      Eph 3:5
                      Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

                      Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.

                      How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?
                      Yep, the OT prophets knew of it before Paul....

                      Ephesians 3 "For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

                      2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

                      3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

                      4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

                      5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

                      6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

                      Isaiah 42:6
                      I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

                      Isaiah 49:6
                      And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

                      Isaiah 60:3
                      And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

                      Luke 2:32
                      A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

                      Acts 13:47
                      For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

                      Acts 26:23
                      That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by john w View Post
                        Ephesians 3 KJV 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

                        ____________________________________

                        "the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT."-Dodge

                        The "them" here assumption/argument="The twelve" apostles, and the "Old Testsment" prophets



                        Point 1:
                        The Ephesians 3:5 KJV passage referencing "apostles and the prophets," is not referencing the prophets and the 12 apostles, OT through "pre-Paul"-your "argument." It is referencing the apostles and prophets, "Paul, and going forward. And not "the twelve apostles of the Lamb" of Revelation 21:14 KJV.


                        The details of the book matter.

                        Note, the chronological order, "pre Paul"=OT up until Paul:



                        Luke 11:49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:


                        2 Peter 3:2 KJV

                        That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

                        Prophets first, then the 12 apostles.

                        Vs.

                        From Paul, on...

                        1 Corinthians 12:28 KJV


                        And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.


                        Chronological order-book of details....

                        "first apostles"

                        "secondarily prophets"

                        Memorize it. Details. Survey Acts...Paul, first, apostle...Barnabus, an apostle.....then prophets....


                        Confirmed-order-apostles, then prophets:

                        Ephesians 2:20 KJV

                        And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;


                        Ephesians 3:5 KJV

                        Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

                        You sure added a lot of words PAUL did NOT say ! Paul taught that the mystery was revealed to the Apostles and the Prophets by the SPIRIT.
                        Heb 4:2
                        For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by heir View Post
                          Ephesians 3 is "but now" mystery truth:

                          "mystery"

                          "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men"

                          "as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit"

                          "unsearchable"

                          "hid in God"

                          It is the mystery pertaining to Gentiles (Ephesians 3:6 KJV)/the mystery of the gospel (Ephesians 6:19 KJV) who earlier (in time past) were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) who Paul was made a prisoner of Jesus Christ for and to whom Paul was given the dispensation of the grace of God to (directional "to you-ward" Ephesians 3:1-2 KJV). That it is "now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit" is set in contrast to the earlier mystery (the mystery of Christ) which was a mystery hidden in the scriptures "according to the scriptures" of Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, but thanks for your concern.
                          Nope; Paul's point is that in time past the Gentiles had had no direct hope of access to Christ other than through Israel, because in time past, the Gentiles had been concluded without God in the world, and thus, without hope in the world.

                          But now, in Christ, this side of unbelieving Israel's fall and setting aside, the Gentiles had been made nigh directly.

                          That God...having concluded both unbelieving Israel and the Gentiles on the same level of enmity, both now under sin, He was now offering both - as individuals - direct access to Christ, and this...outside of Israel's Covenants of Promise.

                          Ephesians is Romans 102.

                          Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

                          3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

                          Romans 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

                          Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

                          11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

                          Danoh The Menace

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by I.S.I.T. View Post
                            Yep, the OT prophets knew of it before Paul....

                            Ephesians 3 "For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

                            2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

                            3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

                            4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

                            5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

                            6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

                            Isaiah 42:6
                            I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

                            Isaiah 49:6
                            And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

                            Isaiah 60:3
                            And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

                            Luke 2:32
                            A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

                            Acts 13:47
                            For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

                            Acts 26:23
                            That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.
                            The problem with that is that Paul tells us the gospel he is preaching is that the BOC (body of Christ) is created through Israel's fall, not Israel's rise to glory.
                            Romans 11:11 KJV
                            (11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.



                            Things that differ are not the same.

                            We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                            They already know monsters exist.
                            We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dodge View Post
                              You sure added a lot of words PAUL did NOT say ! Paul taught that the mystery was revealed to the Apostles and the Prophets by the SPIRIT.
                              "revealed to the Apostles and the Prophets by the SPIRIT"

                              You sure are condescending, and now admit you do not pay attention to the details of the book. The apostles and prophets referenced in Ephesians 3:5 KJV, are not the "OT prophets," and are not the 12 apostles. Paul taught that after the mystery was revealed to him, first, then, it was revealed to the apostles, "post Paul," i.e., not the 12, by the Spirit, and revealed to the prophets, that followed the post Paul apostles, i.e., not the OT prophets, by the Spirit.

                              You talk/debate like a Catholic. They talk/debate like you. Are you a closet Roman?


                              Take your seat.
                              Saint John W

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X