ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

DAN P

Acts 15:7-11 KJV was written AFTER Peter heard from Paul

Hi and notice that jamie did not respone to Acts 15:11 and it is hard for Acts 2 people t understand

In Acts 15:11 , the first verb is WE BLIEVE i\s in thr Greek PRESENT TENSE and that points to what Peter words !

AAnd the second verb is in the AORIST tense and points to the PAST or Aorist tense as to when Peter spoke in Acts 15 !!

So who are the Gentiles in Acts 15;7 is Cornelius !!

Acts 15:11 just means the some Jews will also saved and they , WE GENTILES !!

And for 2000 years many Jews have been saved by GRACE !!

DAN P

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Paul taught what Jesus had already taught ALL of the Apostles. WAS THAT TRUTH withheld by God for awhile you bet ya, but Paul received NO NEW revelation.

Mar 14:24
And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
Then explain Acts 10.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I just read acts 10 what specifically are you asking ? Peter did as Jesus commanded for all that come to Him in faith if it is baptism you are talking about.
:doh:
Peter's vision. Exegete Peter's response to the Lord's command to kill and eat the animals presented. If you are correct then it is my contention that Peter would not have responded as he did, and in fact the vision would have been unnecessary.

Interplanner

Then explain Acts 10.

They simply didn't know it was going to be true "in Christ" or based on Christ alone. They thought it was going to have something to do with the law, and the only direction they could take that was to make Gentiles conform to ceremonial and dietary laws.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hi and notice that jamie did not respone to Acts 15:11 and it is hard for Acts 2 people t understand

In Acts 15:11 , the first verb is WE BLIEVE i\s in thr Greek PRESENT TENSE and that points to what Peter words !

AAnd the second verb is in the AORIST tense and points to the PAST or Aorist tense as to when Peter spoke in Acts 15 !!

So who are the Gentiles in Acts 15;7 is Cornelius !!

Acts 15:11 just means the some Jews will also saved and they , WE GENTILES !!

And for 2000 years many Jews have been saved by GRACE !!

DAN P

You'd do well to learn what OT foreshadowing was being fulfilled there.

Acts 15

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

There is no difference between Cornelius or the Gentiles Paul had been preaching to.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

But, but, b b b but now..........

Let's hear all about this but now business that not one Dispy can nail down.:deadhorse:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
They simply didn't know it was going to be true "in Christ" or based on Christ alone. They thought it was going to have something to do with the law, and the only direction they could take that was to make Gentiles conform to ceremonial and dietary laws.

Yep.

David's tabernacle was being set up in Jerusalem first. :think:

2Samuel 6

17 And they brought in the ark of the LORD, and set it in his place, in the midst of the tabernacle that David had pitched for it: and David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD.

18 And as soon as David had made an end of offering burnt offerings and peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD of hosts.

19 And he dealt among all the people, even among the whole multitude of Israel, as well to the women as men, to every one a cake of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine. So all the people departed every one to his house.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What?

The focal point of the issue is that Jesus did not teach any of the 12 that they could eat unclean animals, or that those animals were now clean, prior to Paul being called. Therefore Jesus did not teach the 12 the same things Paul preached.

dodge

Peter's vision. Exegete Peter's response to the Lord's command to kill and eat the animals presented. If you are correct then it is my contention that Peter would not have responded as he did, and in fact the vision would have been unnecessary.

You have to remember Peter was raised a Jew, and to the Jews some foods were UN-clean.

The result of the vision was:

Act 10:28
And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

dodge

Through Paul

Galatians 2:2 KJV - End Of Thread

Scripture says it was revealed to them by the Spirit NOT Paul.

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You have to remember Peter was raised a Jew, and to the Jews some foods were UN-clean.

The result of the vision was:

Act 10:28
And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.