ECT MAD error #433: That Israel was offered a restored state

Interplanner

The so-called kingdom gospel was never offered. They wanted it, but it was never offered, Jn 6. He was offering the mission promised to Abraham to all nations. He began some of it (Jn 4), he trained people in a practice session on their own people, to develop more missionaries. But never a theocratic state in Judea, and never for the future. There is no need.

Instead there is the need for ambassadors from the kingdom of light to speak to those in that of darkness, which they do in the new covenant, 2 Cor 3-5.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The so-called kingdom gospel was never offered. They wanted it, but it was never offered, Jn 6. He was offering the mission promised to Abraham to all nations. He began some of it (Jn 4), he trained people in a practice session on their own people, to develop more missionaries. But never a theocratic state in Judea, and never for the future. There is no need.

Instead there is the need for ambassadors from the kingdom of light to speak to those in that of darkness, which they do in the new covenant, 2 Cor 3-5.
Interplanner error # 9,888,365,461,558 -

Interplanner

Interplanner error # 9,888,365,461,558 -

He was the lamb of God from day one. What are you talking about exactly (since your generalization takes no thought to post)? The only kingdom or reign is that which existed through the Spirit and the power of the word, which is why it was 'there' but 'not seen' nor with outward manifestations. What are you talking about?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You have a bad habit of calling "speculation" TRUTH. Actually, you just enjoy the Art of "OPINING."

Interplanner

But you can't name one! What is the use of MAD again?

At the end of your life, you will have nothing, but at least you got to be MAD.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Offered right here but we already know that you can't see it and don't believe it:

Act 3:12 ... Ye men of Israel, ...
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Interplanner

Offered right here but we already know that you can't see it and don't believe it:

Act 3:12 ... Ye men of Israel, ...
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

It is not therre for 2 reasons:
1, anyone at all who repents of their sins receives the blessing of the Spirit which was never divided from non-Jews. They are offered 'blotting out' which has to do with bookkeeping and crediting and imputation, ie, justification.
2, the restoration of all things (ALL) is the NHNE. Heaven must honor Christ for providing atonement until that day. Peter was proving to his fellow Jews that Christ's atonement was good enough even for their error. Then when they went out to the nations, they could say, 'look what we did, but christ's sacrifice is powerful enough to absolve us of that!' It would then be an irresistible message to the nations.

A theocratic state was never offered to Israel; it is a fatal error in MAD which doesn't know which way is up on many things.

I do think that the world could have ended right after the DofJ; it was certainly the conception of Mt24A & B. Unless God delayed for more salvation, which he did. So it was honest for Peter to speak about that as though short-term, but later Peter is the one who writes 2 Peter 3, and you know what that says.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
But you can't name one! What is the use of MAD again?

At the end of your life, you will have nothing, but at least you got to be MAD.

Most likely posters are not interested in answering your questions because they know where you stand on the issue of MAD and totally reject it. So, why bother arguing with you? It's a waste of time and effort. Not to mention, boring.

DAN P

He was the lamb of God from day one. What are you talking about exactly (since your generalization takes no thought to post)? The only kingdom or reign is that which existed through the Spirit and the power of the word, which is why it was 'there' but 'not seen' nor with outward manifestations. What are you talking about?

Hi and just where is a verse to back up your response ??

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and I use verses in 90 recent to prove my premise , how do you do it ,and I use chapyter and verse , GRASSHOPPER ??

dan p

Go collect all the sayings about the kingdom of God and you'll find it. "It does not come with outward indicators like 'here it is' or 'there it is.' But it is among you." I'm sure you'll find it. Oh, and "My kingdom is not of this world, otherwise my servants would fight." Not meaning it is absent, just that it is not going to start an armed revolt against Rome like the Judaizers etc.

DAN P

Go collect all the sayings about the kingdom of God and you'll find it. "It does not come with outward indicators like 'here it is' or 'there it is.' But it is among you." I'm sure you'll find it. Oh, and "My kingdom is not of this world, otherwise my servants would fight." Not meaning it is absent, just that it is not going to start an armed revolt against Rome like the Judaizers etc.

Hi and when Jesus says His kingdom is not of this world , it will be in the in the Millennium !!

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and when Jesus says His kingdom is not of this world , it will be in the in the Millennium !!

dan p

No, he was talking about how it reigns already. He is lord and ascended on high, "though the eye of sinful man / his glory may not see." He was enthroned in the resurrection and allowed to sit at the Right Hand. Most references to the kingdom of God are about how it is at work right now.

No ordinary NT passage about the 2nd coming speaks of a millenium. Just one in symbolic materials that should not be used to found doctrine. That (Rev 20) is referring to the current age which ends with a short rebellion, the overthrow, and then there is the NHNE where God and Christ are the Light and the Temple. It will be physical, but physical will itself be too redeemed for us to imagine now.

DAN P

No, he was talking about how it reigns already. He is lord and ascended on high, "though the eye of sinful man / his glory may not see." He was enthroned in the resurrection and allowed to sit at the Right Hand. Most references to the kingdom of God are about how it is at work right now.

No ordinary NT passage about the 2nd coming speaks of a millenium. Just one in symbolic materials that should not be used to found doctrine. That (Rev 20) is referring to the current age which ends with a short rebellion, the overthrow, and then there is the NHNE where God and Christ are the Light and the Temple. It will be physical, but physical will itself be too redeemed for us to imagine now.

And IF Christ did reign , did anyone see the apostles sit on 12 Thrones judging Israel ??

Who are you kidding , maybe yourself ?

The apostles wanted to know in Acts 1:6 and 2000 years have PASSED since the cross and everyone was sleeping you say ??

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
IP, you're moving up the ranks as the dumbest poster here on TOL.

You fixate on a few verses that you don't even understand (that even a child CAN understand).

Read the ENTIRE Bible some time:
John 18:36 (AKJV/PCE)
(18:36) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

It was a TEMPORARY situation that you try to turn into an all encompassing "theory". Get over it.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

You fixate on a few verses that you don't even understand (that even a child CAN understand).

(18:36) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

It was a TEMPORARY situation that you try to turn into an all encompassing "theory". Get over it.

Right! The word 'now/Grk.-nun' is a word denoting 'time'. The word has no other reason to be in that verse than to denote 'the present time' as opposed to a 'later time'.

Interplanner

It was never called a temporary situation. That's just 2P2P being imposed on the Bible. Once he ascended, he reigns for ever and ever. Except that he stood up to receive the first martyr, maybe more?

But he had several ways of saying that the kingdom was already at work, at work in some Jews, and would be at work throughout the world. He also said that some Judaizers were trying to force their way into it, to make it do or be something else.

And of course, there's Jn 5 about those that he had to escape from who wanted him to be king.

None of this has much to do with a sustained offer that MAD imagines to be in Acts 2-3, but that's OK. It wasn't offered there either. The mission was introduced and so was Jews role in that.

What is most interesting is that when Peter recounted things in ch 15, he said he was sent to the nations.