ECT Speaking in tongues

Danoh

Do you not yet see that all your doctrines are about YOU?

That IS the problem; the whole movement centers around them.

Sometime ago, I was visiting some friend of mine during their preparations with their daughter about her upcoming wedding...

At one point she became upset because she believed, as she put it, she wanted "things to be just right so that" she "could feel the Holy Spirit's presence at my wedding..."

The poor thing's focus was on her feelings...

And there is no reasoning with such about these things; they feel what they believe is, and "is of God..."

Like attempting to reason with someone who's so called significant other is clearly up to no good.

Their discernment having become one with what they feel...

Solution though?

From those of us who supposedly know better?

Now, that too often also ends up making things worse...

andyc

That IS the problem; the whole movement centers around them.

Sometime ago, I was visiting some friend of mine during their preparations with their daughter about her upcoming wedding...

At one point she became upset because she believed, as she put it, she wanted "things to be just right so that" she "could feel the Holy Spirit's presence at my wedding..."

The poor thing's focus was on her feelings...

And there is no reasoning with such about these things; they feel what they believe is, and "is of God..."

Like attempting to reason with someone who's so called significant other is clearly up to no good.

Their discernment having become one with what they feel...

Solution though?

From those of us who supposedly know better?

Now, that too often also ends up making things worse...

This has nothing to do with pentecostals.
No one I know was ever like this. Has it ever occurred to you that you might just have stupid friends?

Danoh

This has nothing to do with pentecostals.
No one I know was ever like this. Has it ever occurred to you that you might just have stupid friends?

Your entire testimony on that one thread was just like that - all about your emotional upheavals...

Besides, how exactly is looking down at others as "stupid" being "led of the Spirit"?

Your emotion based delusion has made such a hypocrite of you.

Where is the following "witness of the Spirit" in your duplicitous comments...

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Is not 1 Cor. 13 one of your emotion based readings into pet chapters?

Or is that part not part of this emotion based "leading" of yours?

Seriously; where is that part in your posts as your testimony, that you allow fools in theirs to cause you to respond in kind.

It is high time you walk your talk.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your entire testimony on that one thread was just like that - all about your emotional upheavals...

Besides, how exactly is looking down at others as "stupid" being "led of the Spirit"?

Your emotion based delusion has made such a hypocrite of you.

Where is the following "witness of the Spirit" in your duplicitous comments...

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Is not 1 Cor. 13 one of your emotion based readings into pet chapters?

Or is that part not part of this emotion based "leading" of yours?

Seriously; where is that part in your posts as your testimony, that you allow fools in theirs to cause you to respond in kind.

It is high time you walk your talk.

It seems old Andy got on your nerves a bit. He has a tendency to do that. That's why I placed him on ignore. He and SD are extremely immature "Child-Men." There's a part of them that NEVER grew up. They're emotionally stunted.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When I was about eight years old kids used to call other kids names like stupid etc. The comeback was always the same: "I know you are, but, what am I?" Both Andy and SD have that same "Comeback syndrome" of an eight-year-old child in the schoolyard. They both lack appropriate wit/sense of humor. It's better to place them on ignore and have done with it.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Gladis] ...Both Andy and SD have that same "Comeback syndrome" ...

How would you know? :idunno: You have us on ignore, remember?
drool.gif
Eph 4:14

We were discussing the gift of tongues not the gift of gossip (Lev 19:16). :sibbie:

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Feeling is a natural sense that can govern the will of those not operating in faith.
Seeing, hearing, tasting, feeling, smelling, will all speak to you positively or negatively. They could say, "your prayers haven't worked", which is a lie.
Therefore it is irrelevant if the feelings are based on external touch, or internal emotion. Feelings are liars when they oppose promises in scripture.
I was specifically talking about your failed comparison of feelings (internal) with some one fooled by a sense of touch (feeling). The two are COMPLETELY different things. That you conflate then shows just how ignorant you are about many things.

john w

Hall of Fame
Marowbe made a good point about studying the bible. He's right there, but he himself doesn't study the bible, because he spends every waking moment here.

So don't be like marowbe, spend time reading the bible.

He/we believe(s) the bible; you, on the other hand, don't believe it, but merely read it, much like your Pizza Hut menu, then correct it, Opie, to fit your clown act "doctrine."

So there.

TweetyBird

Saying this doesn't mean anything to me. I believe it is you who are conned, as I have shown from scripture in this thread.
You do not have a case from scripture showing that the gifts of the Spirit have ended. So you can point to con men, and tell me I'm deluded till the cows come home.

If you research out your religious movement, you would discover a lot of theology that proves what it believed today as the gifts is nothing but a scam. Both Jesus and Paul warned us of false signs and wonders. It's the same delusion people use an excuse - "it will never happen to me".

I don't put any value on your opinion, because I walk in what the bible says I can have. And it's a blessing to me every day.
I can't help it if it didn't work for you, and so you want to discredit what you couldn't appreciate. Doubt and do without, that's your choice.

I know what you believe is false, because it's all about YOU. The Kingdom of God is not about how much power you can get or by inserting non-existent promises into the Bible all to get stuff for yourself. This is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Why?

If people follow those who follow money, that is their decision. They have a bible.

The Bible is used to promote the fallacy of the "God given right to follow the money". Just like the Bible is used to promote your fallacy of the "God given right to have power and healing and gifts".

No. Jesus said, without me you can do nothing. He also said, "you shall receive power after the Holy Spirit has come upon you". I know where the source of the power come from. But it's like a light switch, you have to put a demand on the power by switching the light on.

See what I mean about using the Bible to support your fallacies?

TweetyBird

No I don't.
Because unlike you, I see that I need gifts that go beyond my own abilities. You reject what Jesus suffered to give you, because you want it to be all about you.

The usual twist and shout. YOU need the gifts. Jesus did not suffer on the cross in order for you to get YOUR rights. He died for our sins, because God wanted us reconciled to Him so we wouldn't be cursed and die in our sins. It was HIS plan, HIS faith, HIS grace, HIS love that saved us. Perhaps you can explain how that is all about me???