ECT Speaking in tongues

Danoh

Hi , so tell me How to be saved , GRASSHOPPER ??

dan p

What; you don't know?

Tell ya what - simply believe Romans 5:8 and that'll put you in the Romans 5:1 category.

I know; I know - not YOUR formula...

Get saved, DP :chuckle:

Come on; you must know I'm just bustin yer chops.

Take a chill pill, bro.

I never refer to anyone on here as bro, unless I believe they are saved.

Sheesh!

:chuckle:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...I did not say that BR was NOT SAVED !! And as a PENTECOSTAL I also wonder how these people were saved and their speaking in Tongues scared me as a kid !
Men are saved the same way they've always been saved--by grace through faith (Eph 2:8-9). He claims he is saved. Yes, tongues can be abused (1 Cor. 14:22–26).

If [someone] asked you how to be saved , what would you say?
Jesus saves (Isa 63:9; Eph 5:23). Jesus alone saves (Isa 45:21,22; 59:16; Ac 4:12). :poly:

I can believe that many can not say How they were saved ?
Maybe they're not. :idunno:

Maybe this will help you !!

#1, Were you Baptized
Yes

#2 , Did you have to Repent
Yes

#3 , Do you have to speak in Tongues
No

#4 , The bible in 1 Cor says that the But the Natural man receiveth the things of the SPIRIT of God , for it is FOOLISHNESS to him and can not know it , because IT IS Spiritually discerned !!
God must turn your eyes and ears on.

So the question IS HOW can a person not seeking God be SAVED ??
No one seeks after God (Ro 3:11).

That is the question and if you say I am HARASSING stay out of my kitchen !!
You're confusing me with BR.

So how can anyone be saved when he is dead is Trespasses and in sin ?
God draws men to himself (John 16:7–11).

Remember that one PLANTS the seed and then one WATERS , but God gives the INCREASE , so it it God that saved and not Baptism, Tongues or Repentance !!
:dizzy: Repentance is necessary for salvation. If you haven't repented, :listen: you're not saved. The greasy gracer
elvis.gif
of course won't acknowledge that repentance is necessity (Acts 2:37, 38, 26:20, 1 Cor. 2:13, 2 Cor. 5:17, 7:9, 10, 1 Thess. 1:9, 10).

Related:

Lordship

DAN P

What; you don't know?

Tell ya what - simply believe Romans 5:8 and that'll put you in the Romans 5:1 category.

I know; I know - not YOUR formula...

Get saved, DP :chuckle:

Come on; you must know I'm just bustin yer chops.

Take a chill pill, bro.

I never refer to anyone on here as bro, unless I believe they are saved.

Sheesh!

:chuckle:
Hi and that means that you ARE Harassing ? WOW !! REALLY ??

I wonder how I got around 1 Cor 2:14 and than felt save until I realize HOW God saved people EVEN when they do not know how , and just trying to get people to think and realize they are OSAS and that man can not save anyone !!

I now that many consider me a PEDAGOGUE , but I am what I am !!

dan p

DAN P

Men are saved the same way they've always been saved--by grace through faith (Eph 2:8-9). He claims he is saved. Yes, tongues can be abused (1 Cor. 14:22–26).

Jesus saves (Isa 63:9; Eph 5:23). Jesus alone saves (Isa 45:21,22; 59:16; Ac 4:12). :poly:

Maybe they're not. :idunno:

Yes

Yes

No

God must turn your eyes and ears on.

No one seeks after God (Ro 3:11).

You're confusing me with BR.

God draws men to himself (John 16:7–11).

:dizzy: Repentance is necessary for salvation. If you haven't repented, :listen: you're not saved. The greasy gracer
elvis.gif
of course won't acknowledge that repentance is necessity (Acts 2:37, 38, 26:20, 1 Cor. 2:13, 2 Cor. 5:17, 7:9, 10, 1 Thess. 1:9, 10).

Related:

Lordship

Hi and IF what you say that all men are saved the same way , then how was Moses saved ??

So where does Paul say to REPENT ??

Where does it say we have " TO BE BORN AGAIN ??

There is a verse , YOU KNOW ??

Do you have one ??

dan p

Danoh

Hi and that means that you ARE Harassing ? WOW !! REALLY ??

I wonder how I got around 1 Cor 2:14 and than felt save until I realize HOW God saved people EVEN when they do not know how , and just trying to get people to think and realize they are OSAS and that man can not save anyone !!

I now that many consider me a PEDAGOGUE , but I am what I am !!

dan p

Bustin yer chops, bro.

Pullin yer leg...

Not harrasing you...

In contrast to when I AM going against you :chuckle:

DAN P

Bustin yer chops, bro.

Pullin yer leg...

Not harrasing you...

In contrast to when I AM going against you :chuckle:

Hi and as I have said before I am the DISPENSATIONALIST , DISPENSATIONALIST pure and simple as I deal in Verbs , Voices and moods keeps me safe !!

And I even question our Board of Elders on how was Paul saved , you should been there and head of the Board could not answer JUST like you can not and not PULLING your leg even that you are saved but to PROUD to ask me HOW ??

I would tell you , as I has learned from the best , not R Jordan !!

Is this HARASSING YOU ??

Are you gong to report me , WOW !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and as I have said before I am the DISPENSATIONALIST , DISPENSATIONALIST pure and simple as I deal in Verbs , Voices and moods keeps me safe !!

dan p

So long as you don't start hearing voices - as that can affect both your verbs, and moods :chuckle:

DAN P

So long as you don't start hearing voices - as that can affect both your verbs, and moods :chuckle:

Hi and sometimes I hear voices and it DISTURBING comes with AGE I believe !!

But I am having FUN and so are you , RIGHT ??

I remember one guy in our Sunday class , that he would ask the SAME quetion , it seems to me , and when given the correct answer , he never did understand it !!

dan p

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
2. Whenever an unbeliever heard Christ preached in his own language by someone that did not speak his language, he knew they spoke by the power of God and what they said was true.

Even if they spoke a language one could prove they didn't know, if they preached the wrong Gospel or the wrong Christ, you can know they're of Satan.
[

Brilliant .

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
They shall cast out spirits.
They shall speak in new tongues.

I've done both. Prove me wrong from scripture.

You, of course, expect us to take your word for things you supposedly did. Those who believe as you, make all kinds of claims that are never proven to have truly happened. So, pardon me for being skeptical.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

And I even question our Board of Elders on how was Paul saved , you should been there and head of the Board could not answer JUST like you can not and not PULLING your leg even that you are saved but to PROUD to ask me HOW ??

I would tell you , as I has learned from the best , not R Jordan !!

Is this HARASSING YOU ??

Are you gong to report me , WOW !!

dan p

Dan, John 20:29 states: "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."
Paul met the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ personally on the road to Damascus. Paul was able to bypass faith by coming into the very presence of God. There is no way anyone can encounter God the Son and not walk away without being saved. We can reasonably conclude that Paul became saved some time during this Spiritual encounter. Christ sent Paul to be the "Apostle to the Gentiles."

andyc

Post audio online of it. You won't because you're a liar.

These kind of idiotic posts are to be expected here.
He wants me to send him audio of tongues, good grief.

Burden of proof isn't on us to prove you don't have it. The burden is on you to prove that you DO.

No, the burden of proof is for you to prove from scripture that I cannot have it. You can't.

All the gifts were a package deal, authenticating Christ and His disciples/apostles as of God, with some given to also establish the Body of Christ. Tongues, though, were primarily a sign of impending judgment against unrepentant Israel. When Israel was set aside, so were tongues.

Stop talking crap. Show scriptures or shut up.

When Paul finally received the completed body of secret revelation, all the gifts were withdrawn. Not one remains today; we have the Word of God instead. The "signs and wonders" were all sensory -- of sight. You saw, so you believed. The Word is of faith. You believe and you see. The believer is to walk by faith, not sight.

Again, no scriptures. However. let's deal with this point.
Back in Paul's day, there were great teachers of the word everywhere. There weren't as many denominations that we have today. And so they had a more clearer understanding of the word than we do today. Paul spoke in tongues more than anyone at Corinth, and walked by faith more than them as well.

But forget that. What we can prove, as many have proven before me, is that what you and every other charismatic calls "tongues" is not from God.

Good luck.

1. Biblical tongues were identifiable human languages that the speaker had never learned. That was the miracle.

2. Whenever an unbeliever heard Christ preached in his own language by someone that did not speak his language, he knew they spoke by the power of God and what they said was true.

3. No audio or video exists of ANY charismatic speaking in a human language WHICH can be independently verified as previously unknown to him.

Let's emphasize that:

THERE IS NO AUDIO OR VIDEO OF ANY CHARISMATIC WHO (1) IS SPEAKING INTELLIGIBLY IN ANY HUMAN LANGUAGE OTHER THAN HIS NATIVE LANGUAGE (2) THAT CAN BE DOCUMENTED AS A LANGUAGE HE HAD NEVER STUDIED OR EVEN HEARD SPOKEN BEFORE.

There is one instance of this shown in scripture where 120 disciples all spoke in tongues at the same time. This use of tongues was something Paul taught against. He said there should be 2 or three tongues, and someone should interpret what was said. And so what happened at Pentecost was unique, not the norm.

However, there have been numerous testimonies of people speaking in the Spirit in a known foreign tongue. However, most of the times this happens, obviously the majority of people in the church won't know what the tongue is, or it wouldn't be tongues, would it?
It would be a message from God for an individual who happened to understand that tongue. An interpretation would obviously not be required in such an instance, except for the benefit of people whom it did no concern in the first place. And so the majority of times this happens, the people in the church wouldn't even know.

Anecdotal evidence, mere claims to this, will not suffice. It must be INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED by those who KNOW the person couldn't possibly speak that language on their own -- just as we see in the N.T.

So to prove "tongues" are for today, you have to provide someone it can be proved never spoke in a foreign language, but who fluently speaks in that language anyway.

And not only must they speak in a previously unknown language -- they must accurately preach Christ according to the revelation of the mystery and the Gospel of the grace of God.

Even if they spoke a language one could prove they didn't know, if they preached the wrong Gospel or the wrong Christ, you can know they're of Satan.

But first find us someone who can prove from independent witnesses they speak in a human language they never knew before.

Burden of proof is on you.

I suggest you post audio or video (hiding your face, of course) of YOU speaking with this gift you think you have. Then we'll narrow down from there which human language it is, and what you are saying.

But you won't. None of you ever do when given this challenge because you know what you have is not any human language but just learned incoherent babbling that is not of God.

Oh dear. Paul would have failed your test.

1 Corinthians 14:2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

So using musty's stupid logic here. He wants someone claiming to have the gift of tongues to speak to men. Paul said that someone who speaks in tongues does not speak to men.
Musty wants someone to understand the tongue, but Paul said that no one understands him. Paul has failed musty's test.

Also

1 Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.

So when Paul prays in tongues, his spirit is praying, but he doesn't know what he's saying?

1 Corinthians 14:15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.

Paul would be thrown out of musty's church today, because poor ole musty rejects the word of God.

andyc

You, of course, expect us to take your word for things you supposedly did. Those who believe as you, make all kinds of claims that are never proven to have truly happened. So, pardon me for being skeptical.

There's nothing wrong with being skeptical of a claim, which is why you must prove from scripture that such a claim has to be false.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So God performed mighty signs and wonders, but made them not believe in him, and then complains to Moses about the fact they didn't believe in him?
OK

Okay, so Jesus spoke to the people in parables lest they understand and be converted.

And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"
He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given." (Matthew 13:10-11)​

OK

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay, so Jesus spoke to the people in parables lest they understand and be converted.

And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"
He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given." (Matthew 13:10-11)​

OK

Your point is?