Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 4 major Christian baptisms

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ECT: The 4 major Christian baptisms

    Just a quick look

    Baptism into the church (salvation) --- the Holy Spirit is the baptiser (1 Cor 12:13)
    This refers to being “born again (from above)” with the Holy Spirit entering the person.
    7 verses say the Holy Spirit takes up residence INSIDE the believer.

    Baptism in water (symbolic demonstration of faith) --- man does the baptising
    Jesus died to self, went down under the earth, was resurrected with a new incorruptible body.
    We are to die to self, go down under the water, come up a new man ready to live a new life.
    Paul said, “Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel” (1 Corinthians 1:17).

    Baptism with the Holy Spirit (mostly power for ministry) --- Jesus is the baptiser
    John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus is the One who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
    The baptism with the Holy Spirit comes after being born again (or at the same time).
    7 verses say the Holy Spirit comes UPON the believer.

    Baptism with fire (extreme suffering for the gospel’s sake) --- Jesus is the baptiser
    John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus is the One who baptizes with fire.

    All of the baptisms are glorious blessings, even the baptism with fire:
    “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake” (Matthew 5:10).
    "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
    you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
    (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
    (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

  • #2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	140323_board.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	2432422

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
      Just a quick look

      Baptism into the church (salvation) --- the Holy Spirit is the baptiser (1 Cor 12:13)
      This refers to being “born again (from above)” with the Holy Spirit entering the person.
      7 verses say the Holy Spirit takes up residence INSIDE the believer.

      Baptism in water (symbolic demonstration of faith) --- man does the baptising
      Jesus died to self, went down under the earth, was resurrected with a new incorruptible body.
      We are to die to self, go down under the water, come up a new man ready to live a new life.
      Paul said, “Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel” (1 Corinthians 1:17).

      Baptism with the Holy Spirit (mostly power for ministry) --- Jesus is the baptiser
      John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus is the One who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
      The baptism with the Holy Spirit comes after being born again (or at the same time).
      7 verses say the Holy Spirit comes UPON the believer.

      Baptism with fire (extreme suffering for the gospel’s sake) --- Jesus is the baptiser
      John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus is the One who baptizes with fire.

      All of the baptisms are glorious blessings, even the baptism with fire:
      “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake” (Matthew 5:10).
      Figures you would leave out Eph 4:5, which says there is but ONE (and waterless) baptism that counts today.

      And by the way, there's upwards of 14 distinct baptisms in Scripture, most of which do not involve water.

      http://www.graceambassadors.com/down...vlbaptisms.pdf
      "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
      Terence Mc Lean

      [most will be very surprised]


      Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
      By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

      Comment


      • #4
        1 Corinthians 12:13-14 KJV -

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
          Just a quick look

          Baptism into the church (salvation) --- the Holy Spirit is the baptiser (1 Cor 12:13)
          This refers to being “born again (from above)” with the Holy Spirit entering the person.
          7 verses say the Holy Spirit takes up residence INSIDE the believer.

          Baptism in water (symbolic demonstration of faith) --- man does the baptising
          Jesus died to self, went down under the earth, was resurrected with a new incorruptible body.
          We are to die to self, go down under the water, come up a new man ready to live a new life.
          Paul said, “Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel” (1 Corinthians 1:17).

          Baptism with the Holy Spirit (mostly power for ministry) --- Jesus is the baptiser
          John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus is the One who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
          The baptism with the Holy Spirit comes after being born again (or at the same time).
          7 verses say the Holy Spirit comes UPON the believer.

          Baptism with fire (extreme suffering for the gospel’s sake) --- Jesus is the baptiser
          John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus is the One who baptizes with fire.

          All of the baptisms are glorious blessings, even the baptism with fire:
          “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake” (Matthew 5:10).

          Try believing that the baptism with fire is a cleansing that happens by a "consuming fire" of everything of the flesh that hinders one's relationship with God.
          "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
            Just a quick look

            Baptism into the church (salvation) --- the Holy Spirit is the baptiser (1 Cor 12:13)
            This refers to being “born again (from above)” with the Holy Spirit entering the person.
            7 verses say the Holy Spirit takes up residence INSIDE the believer.

            Baptism in water (symbolic demonstration of faith) --- man does the baptising
            Jesus died to self, went down under the earth, was resurrected with a new incorruptible body.
            We are to die to self, go down under the water, come up a new man ready to live a new life.
            Paul said, “Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel” (1 Corinthians 1:17).

            Baptism with the Holy Spirit (mostly power for ministry) --- Jesus is the baptiser
            John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus is the One who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
            The baptism with the Holy Spirit comes after being born again (or at the same time).
            7 verses say the Holy Spirit comes UPON the believer.

            Baptism with fire (extreme suffering for the gospel’s sake) --- Jesus is the baptiser
            John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus is the One who baptizes with fire.

            All of the baptisms are glorious blessings, even the baptism with fire:
            “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake” (Matthew 5:10).
            Have you finished with understanding the three manifestations of the Holy Spirit?
            "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by musterion View Post
              Figures you would leave out Eph 4:5, which says there is but ONE (and waterless) baptism that counts today.

              And by the way, there's upwards of 14 distinct baptisms in Scripture, most of which do not involve water.

              http://www.graceambassadors.com/down...vlbaptisms.pdf

              Hi and he left out 1 Cor 15:29 , baptism for the dead !!

              And , those who were baptizied into Moses the sea and the cloud , 1 Cor 10:2 !!

              the Greek word translaid BAPTISM is really the Greek word BAPTISMA , so he should tell us what that means !!

              dan p
              Last edited by DAN P; July 5th, 2016, 10:58 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                At least he sort of got baptism with fire right. That will not be a good thing. Fire consumes. He will put Jacob through trouble.
                Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

                Titus 1

                For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

                Ephesians 5

                11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cross Reference View Post
                  Try believing that the baptism with fire is a cleansing that happens by a "consuming fire" of everything of the flesh that hinders one's relationship with God.
                  You're free to make up all kinds of stuff before your retirement,
                  butski I was referring to ...

                  Jesus asks His 12 disciples if they are able and willing to be martyrs after Him …
                  “Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and be baptized with the
                  baptism that I am baptized with? … You will indeed drink My cup, and be baptized
                  with the baptism that I am baptized with …” (Matthew 20:22-23, Mark 10:38-39)
                  "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
                  you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
                  (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
                  (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                    You're free to make up all kinds of stuff before your retirement,
                    butski I was referring to ...

                    Jesus asks His 12 disciples if they are able and willing to be martyrs after Him …
                    “Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and be baptized with the
                    baptism that I am baptized with? … You will indeed drink My cup, and be baptized
                    with the baptism that I am baptized with …” (Matthew 20:22-23, Mark 10:38-39)
                    What's with your snottiness in this?? Jesus does the baptizing of His disciples and they must desire it!

                    I want the fire of His baptism to "consume" anything in my life that hinders my relationship with Him. I should think you would want the same thing for yourself . . before you retire . . permanently!
                    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cross Reference View Post
                      What's with your snottiness in this??
                      'Cause I'm tired of your attitude.
                      I thought @ one time you said you were Pentecostal. True or false?
                      Thanks.
                      "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
                      you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
                      (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
                      (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                        'Cause I'm tired of your attitude.
                        I thought @ one time you said you were Pentecostal. True or false?
                        Thanks.
                        You have no reason to be tired of anything, certainly not my attitude. I think you are simply an immature Christian stuck on himself; on an ego trip and frustrated because your engine keeps running out of oil..
                        "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                          I thought @ one time you said you were Pentecostal. True or false?
                          Thanks.
                          Please note that I said thanks.
                          "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
                          you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
                          (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
                          (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                            Please note that I said thanks.
                            You're welcome. I wish I could say the same for your insincerity; disinterestedness and 'need to be right'..
                            "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cross Reference View Post
                              You're welcome.
                              You are hereby disqualified for refusing to clarify
                              if you are Pentecostal.
                              This was necessary for me
                              to know where you were re: this particular OP topic.

                              You have written some crazy stuff in the past and
                              that's why I joked a few times that you should slide
                              into retirement due to old age. No doubt you will
                              continue trying to teach some of the people here,
                              who are much more messed up than you are.
                              "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
                              you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
                              (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
                              (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X